Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Celtics Start Worrying About Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Celtics Start Worrying About Us?

Ric Bucher from ESPN clarified a very good point yesterday. Considering the "creme puff" schedule that we have from here on out, which many would think is in our favour, should the Celtics start worrying and is the Atlantic title something feasible for the Raptors at this point?

Not to add to the Celtics' misery, but Raptors have 2nd easiest remaining schedule, based on opponents' winning pct. Mia has easiest.
    Source - Click here

Should the Celtics Start Worrying About Us?

Nope.

Comment

Raptors sched isn't THAT easy when you factor in road games in March. Then in April, you have home, road, home, road etc.. for the whole month. So, home court advantage is lessened when you are constantly on and off planes.

IF the Celtics can get healthy, then they do not need to worry about losing home court. If they can't get healthy, then the Raps may catch up to them.

However, whether they have homecourt advantage or not, I have to think that the Celtics believe they can beat any of the bottom 4 teams in the first round.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
        However, whether they have homecourt advantage or not, I have to think that the Celtics believe they can beat any of the bottom 4 teams in the first round.
        Exactly. Especially since the Raptors haven't shown they can beat the Celtics this season.

Comment

Not really?

I dont care about the Celtics right now to be honest. I just want to take care of business. If we win like we are supposed to on Wednesday (have to be careful this is a trap game against a capable underacheiving team). We will be 29-23 with 30 games remaining. My guess to catch Boston, Orlando and Atlanta we have to get to 52 or 54 wins. That means we have to win 23 or 25 of the remaining games, and we still have Clevland, Utah, Denver, Lakers among others.

Comment

I think the Raptors may be able to catch up and over take one of the top four teams but I don't think they can reach the top three. Fourth would be nice because it means home court advantage in round one but at the end of the day if they remain in fifth I'm happy with that.

Comment

The EGO's on the Celtics will never lower themselves into worrying about us, they still think their better than Orlando...lol

Comment

Lots of season still to play... let's enjoy the ride for now!

These ten are the key games IMHO that I am most looking forward to:
                Fri, Feb 26 Cleveland
                Mon, Mar 1 @ Houston
                Tue, Mar 9 @ LA Lakers
                Sun, Mar 14 @ Portland
                Wed, Mar 17 Atlanta
                Wed, Mar 24 Utah
                Fri, Mar 26 Denver
                Tue, Apr 6 @ Cleveland
                Wed, Apr 7 Boston
                Fri, Apr 9 @ Atlanta

My order of preference for Round #1 opponents (assuming the top 4 stay the same):
                1. Cleveland
                2. Boston
                3. Orlando
                4. Atlanta

Comment

My order of preference for Round #1 opponents (assuming the top 4 stay the same):
                  1. Cleveland
                  2. Boston
                  3. Orlando
                  4. Atlanta[/QUOTE]

Why would you rather play Boston instead of Orlando? Orlando IMO is the most highly preferred team to face in the playoffs
                  Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

Cleveland would not be at the top of my list out of those four teams. That's just crazy. I don't want the Raptors facing King James in round, no thank you.

Comment

It will be a very tough test no doubt but I think in a seven game series with Reggie back and the way this team sticks we can beat Boston.
                      To be quite honest I think we NEED to beat Boston.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Cleveland would not be at the top of my list out of those four teams. That's just crazy. I don't want the Raptors facing King James in round, no thank you.
                        My amateur assessment of Cleveland is that it's a collection of spare parts surrounding a superstar. I don't think they are going anywhere deep in the playoffs.
                        Additionally we match up very well against them... in fact in the 07-08 playoffs I was hoping we met CLE instead of ORL. ORL didn't turn out very well for us did it?

At the end of the day we're going to have to beat at least 2 of the top four teams in the East to move to the conference finals first or second round really doesn't matter so long as we compete.

Comment

I think we would have the best matchups against Orlando and in a 7 game series we could pull a great upset against Cleveland as we matchup well with them too. They aren't that great a team, they are just lead by a great player. Lots of holes in that team though. Boston and Atlanta still give us the worst matchups. I think it would be a 5 game series against Atlanta and we might be able to stretch out a 7 game series against the Celts but the odds are against us if we get either team in the first round.

Comment

The Celtics are a veteran team. They are likely worried only about getting themselves right for the playoffs, knowing that if they play the way they're capable of, they pretty much guaranteed a spot in the conference finals.

Their advanced age and spotty health might hold other things in store for them though. Depending on how the matchups work, any of the Fab 4 in the Eastern Conference could be ripe for an upset, something that couldn't be said last year.

Comment

Boston wants us to finish 4th or fifth while they are either 4th or 5th. Reason why why they usually beat us: Ray Allen, Eddie House, or Rajon Rondo.... that is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X