Raptors PG situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors PG situation

Raptors had a formidable duo of lowry+calderon going into the latter half of the season. That is now a thing of the past and I feel gravely worried about the raptors at this position. The raptors are one of those teams that really need a good distributor, and jose fulfilled that role amicably. He was key for the raptors getting out of their rut. Now I'm not saying jose is one of the best in the league, but there's no comparison between him and lucas.

Lowry is not playing anywhere near 100%. What if he has to sit again? Are we going to rely on Gay/Fields for the slack? A bandaid solution that will probably hurt more in the long run.

Trade Bargs for Rubio and a Burrito!! Im just kidding, just the burrito is good.

Comment

Definitely need a backup pg. Lucas is just too much of a chucker.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
        Raptors had a formidable duo of lowry+calderon going into the latter half of the season. That is now a thing of the past and I feel gravely worried about the raptors at this position. The raptors are one of those teams that really need a good distributor, and jose fulfilled that role amicably. He was key for the raptors getting out of their rut. Now I'm not saying jose is one of the best in the league, but there's no comparison between him and lucas.

Lowry is not playing anywhere near 100%. What if he has to sit again? Are we going to rely on Gay/Fields for the slack? A bandaid solution that will probably hurt more in the long run.
        our pg situation is fine .. good teams play their starters 30+ mins .. if lowry is what we think he is .. than that should work. Lucas for 10 mins is totally adequate.

Out of all the things of this trade .. back up pg is the least of my worries.

I worry about TRoss getting buried .. I sure as hell hope AA and LF are behind him on the depth charts ..

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
          Trade Bargs for Rubio and a Burrito!! Im just kidding, just the burrito is good.
          had enough of pasta puns?

Comment

I think they'll just try to make do with Lowry and Lucas for the rest of the season, maybe sign a cheap 3rd stringer, and address the situation in the off-season. It'll be interesting to see if they try to acquire Jose in the off-season.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
              our pg situation is fine .. good teams play their starters 30+ mins .. if lowry is what we think he is .. than that should work. Lucas for 10 mins is totally adequate.

Out of all the things of this trade .. back up pg is the least of my worries.

I worry about TRoss getting buried .. I sure as hell hope AA and LF are behind him on the depth charts ..
              my question was the what-if with lowry getting injured/sidelined for whatever reason. and just a reminder that he hasn't started since coming back and has been averaging 20~ mpg

Comment

Something else is going to happen. This roster is not yet set in stone for the remainder of the season. Colangelo said it himself during the 3rd quarter of the Atlanta game.

I assume the PG situation will be resolved when the next move(s) happen.
                Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Watching Lowry lay on the floor, when he's not playing, worries me. We've been spoiled with a great 1-2 punch for years now.

Comment

Working...
                  X