No announcement yet.

BC says "not done trading" yet during Atl game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS would be the trade of my dreams! And who knows, Orlando took Hedo...maybe they'll bite once again :P
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bhlcouo

Comment

Gay in !!!!! derozan outt

is it me or deos bc now need to find a place for derozan i like demar but then again i rather give ross
      the minutes and see what i can get for dd and ab what do you think?

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
        is it me or deos bc now need to find a place for derozan i like demar but then again i rather give ross
        TOTALLY in with this thinking.

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
          Ross is a better fit with Gay. Fields is a great defensive/glue guy. DeRozan is the odd man out. Anderson should also be traded, considering he's a 30+ veteran on an expiring deal. Pietrus will walk after the season.

The Raps could either bring back a 4th wing in trade, free agency or via the draft (if they keep their pick).

A primary wing rotation of Gay, Ross & Fields has good balance to it.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Ross is a better fit with Gay. Fields is a great defensive/glue guy. DeRozan is the odd man out. Anderson should also be traded, considering he's a 30+ veteran on an expiring deal. Pietrus will walk after the season.

The Raps could either bring back a 4th wing in trade, free agency or via the draft (if they keep their pick).

A primary wing rotation of Gay, Ross & Fields has good balance to it.
            derozan is expensive who is going to take him?

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              derozan is expensive who is going to take him?
              Milwaukee?

Utah?

Don't know just guessing at answers to your question but I do see him fitting with either of those teams.

Comment

I am happy about the trade, but I won't be satisfied unless we get a legitimate stretch 4 like josh smith, or (plan b) millsap.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Milwaukee?

Utah?

Don't know just guessing at answers to your question but I do see him fitting with either of those teams.
                  millsap!! But he has struggled mightily this month, and small market teams might think he isn't worth his contract. (derozan that is)
                  Last edited by akashsingh; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

10 million isn't a huge price tag in NBA these days if you haven't noticed. Though I would like to see how Derozan plays with Gay on the floor first. You cannot just totally flip over the chemistry, roster and culture in the team like that, in the middle of the season.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

If the cap goes up by $5M as most people predict then DeMar's $9.5M salary is actually not going to be too difficult to trade. He still has a tonne of potential and SG's are in short supply in the league.

I don't think it would be too difficult to trade DeMar.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        10 million isn't a huge price tag in NBA these days if you haven't noticed. Though I would like to see how Derozan plays with Gay on the floor first. You cannot just totally flip over the chemistry, roster and culture in the team like that, in the middle of the season.
                        well that depends on the player doesn't it?

Comment

But Bryan is the GM. I actually don't think he wants to move DeMar - otherwise what was the point in giving him the extension so early?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            But Bryan is the GM. I actually don't think he wants to move DeMar - otherwise what was the point in giving him the extension so early?
                            the team dynamics have changed. rudy gay brings all the same skills derozan posseses and is an overall better player. No one has any clue why he gave derozan an extension that early, baffling move....

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              the reason you do a contract like that is to lock up an asset. they didn't want to risk not extending him and then him going off bananas and garnering max level interest somewhere (not likely but not impossible). So you sign him what appears to be a little bit high, hope he plays up to or near enough that other teams are interested and you put him to market. If he plays beyond his 9.5 you keep him as a guy that is worth more than his deal. If he plays under or near it, you ship him out for another asset/picks/multiple rotation players or as part of a deal to bring in a near all star. Ten million is a very flexible deal for 20 out of 30 of the leagues teams. The other ten might like the idea of shedding an allstar for two contributers that fit...(Lakers) cough Gasol.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                the reason you do a contract like that is to lock up an asset. they didn't want to risk not extending him and then him going off bananas and garnering max level interest somewhere (not likely but not impossible). So you sign him what appears to be a little bit high, hope he plays up to or near enough that other teams are interested and you put him to market. If he plays beyond his 9.5 you keep him as a guy that is worth more than his deal. If he plays under or near it, you ship him out for another asset/picks/multiple rotation players or as part of a deal to bring in a near all star. Ten million is a very flexible deal for 20 out of 30 of the leagues teams. The other ten might like the idea of shedding an allstar for two contributers that fit...(Lakers) cough Gasol.
                                Agree, kinda, but the contract the gave Demar was ridiculous.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X