• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wanna see the arena link with Shaq. Anyone got a link on that

Comment

nevermind, Thanks homes

Comment

I really think that Pau Gasol is next to be traded to Toronto. BC made it clear that they are buying and not selling. They are willing to take back huge contracts. With that said I think Pau is next. He fits huge contract being missed used in LA(coming of the bench). He also is very familiar with KLow and Rudy. All played for Memphis in 06-07. Huge contract but it also expires the same time as KLow and Rudy. Expect an Bargani/Gasol swap around deadline.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Would be great. Really great. We would be a luck for the playoffs next year that's for sure.

Comment

We'd be in the title run then for sure. Top 3 team if that happens
            Miami
            Chicago(if Rose is still the same)
            Toronto

Comment

Not to kill with optimism but Raps still have a shot at netting a playoff spot. Bucks Celtics and Hawks are falling and wegot a good stretch of winnable home games in Feb.

Would have been a much different story if Raps closed out Cavs won tonight and werent robbed 3 times already though. Teach the Raps how to close Rudy! anyone notice that DeRozan with Lowry as starter had a good game?????? just saying.

Comment

BC's quote about AB after Hawk game

“Andrea is a player that has definitely garnered interest. Unfortunately when he gets hurt that takes him off the market,” Colangelo explained after breaking down the Gay trade to reporters.

“That’s not to say we’re going to trade Andrea … He’s a unique talent, but sometimes a change of address is not bad. I’m not saying he’s asked for a trade, but he would certainly not fight or resist a situation if it was the right situation.”

“Right now there’s no assurances we trade Andrea. Right now, the goal and the focus is to get him back healthy on the court and let him contribute to this team and we’ll see where things go,” Colangelo said.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm just thinking right now, Bargs for Gasol, that's all I can think of for the time being.

And then DD for somebody else to address remaining issues.

With Gasol though, where do we push JV to? the 4? That actually might not be so bad?

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                    I'm just thinking right now, Bargs for Gasol, that's all I can think of for the time being.

And then DD for somebody else to address remaining issues.

With Gasol though, where do we push JV to? the 4? That actually might not be so bad?
                    JV would still be the a 5. It would so great for JV to learn from Pau for a year and half. Good news LA just lost to PHX.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      “Andrea is a player that has definitely garnered interest. Unfortunately when he gets hurt that takes him off the market,” Colangelo explained after breaking down the Gay trade to reporters.

“That’s not to say we’re going to trade Andrea … He’s a unique talent, but sometimes a change of address is not bad. I’m not saying he’s asked for a trade, but he would certainly not fight or resist a situation if it was the right situation.”

“Right now there’s no assurances we trade Andrea. Right now, the goal and the focus is to get him back healthy on the court and let him contribute to this team and we’ll see where things go,” Colangelo said.
                      That sure sounds like Andrea is gone.
                      Of all the wings to move you would think AA would be first. He's cheap, can be added as a throw in on any trade...that allows you to keep Demar and Ross...The problem I see is that if you move AA, Jose (already gone), and Bargs who's shooting your three's? Clearly there's another shoe to drop. Also, MLSE must not care about the new cap taxes coming at all.

Comment

Any trade without Derozan, Gay, Lowry, Ross, Valanciunas, Amir I'm totally fine with.

Wow, it feels so good to say that we have Rudy Gay...
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

That's basically saying they want Andrea on the floor ASAP to boost his trade value.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Without Calderon, matching salaries for Gasol gets tougher. Bargs + Fields? Bargs + Kleiza + Haddadi or Gray? Bargs + DeRozan would be an overpayment, and Bargs + Johnson would leave us woefully weak at PF/C.

Comment

Before this season started, almost every Raptor fan would have loved that trade. Gay is having a bit of a down year, but he has been very consistent over the previous several seasons. Calderon is having a phenomenal season, but it is a contract year and he hasn't had any injury issues yet (maybe because his minutes have been limited with Lowry on the roster). Davis has been a pleasant surprise, but I still don't think his ceiling is anywhere near Gay's. Teams have started to gameplan extensively for DeRozan, especially with Bargnani out. Gay won't leave them that option. Chemistry is a hard thing to predict, but the Raptors now have an incredibly athletic roster, with multiple scoring threats. A good coach could really do something with this team.

Comment

Gasol
                                Amir
                                Gay
                                DeRozan
                                Lowry

Reserves - JV, Ross, Fields/Anderson, Lucas

The starting 5 might have a problem with spacing, but they could sure hurt you in the paint and run. You might substitute JV and Amir, but I think you win more now with JV coming off the bench.

Raptors would probably need a PG coming back from LA in a Gasol deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X