Derrick Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Williams

Now that we have Gay we should facilitate a trade that gets Gasol to Minny and Williams/Ridnour to us. With something like Demar and Bargs going to LA

Lowry/Ridnour/Lucas
    Ross/Fields
    Gay/Anderson
    Williams/Amir
    JV/Gray

athleticism of the starting 5, damn

Williams hasn't performed in Minny and haven't seen much except easy buckets in the lane but I remember he had a killer 3pt% in college and could be lethal with a change of scenery

This is a terrible trade. Terrible. Demar for freaking who? Derrick Williams? C'MON! Its getting me upset that you can even rationalize this to yourself.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I would offer Bargnani to Minnesota for Williams and Ridnour.

Williams is a backup tweeter forward and Ridnour would be a solid backup PG.

The added depth on the wing might also prompt another deal where DeRozan is dealt for a starting PF - Millsap perhaps?

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        This is a terrible trade. Terrible. Demar for freaking who? Derrick Williams? C'MON! Its getting me upset that you can even rationalize this to yourself.
        These are fantasy ideas lol. I'm not Colangelo in disguise no need to get upset.

I rationalized it along these lines:
        - Ross will be a better option than DeRozan (in terms of stretching the floor and D -- which you need from you SG)
        - DeMar isn't worth his new contract ... if we want any sort of flexibility he has to leave with Bargs
        - Bargs alone isn't going to net us anything of worth besides another questionable contract
        - I am happy with the Gay trade but DD and Gay do replicate each other quite a bit and neither are consistent from 3
        - I gambling that 22-year old Williams 2ND overall selection in the 2011 draft is talented

Comment

i was about to post the exact same deal except get rid of the lakers. Let's deal Demar and Bargs for Ridnour, Williams, Roy(salary purposes) and the Wolves' pick. We could add depth in the paint with the 10th pick.
          The Raptors get a good, athletic power forward, backup pg and a mid lotto pick.
          The Wolves get a wing who can score and an ok floor stretching big man. Maybe throw in alan anderson cause they need shooting

Comment

On second thought, a more reasonable trade would be Bargnani & Anderson for Ridnour & Roy (with or without Lakers involved).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I would offer Bargnani to Minnesota for Williams and Ridnour.

Williams is a backup tweeter forward and Ridnour would be a solid backup PG.

The added depth on the wing might also prompt another deal where DeRozan is dealt for a starting PF - Millsap perhaps?
              This is what I agree with aside from the Derozan suggestion. Derrick Williams is a tweener, and with the current style of play the Raptors play, and the league plays, he would fit really nicely, especially with his athleticism that would just boost the system. Ridnour would be a really good pick-up too.

Add in Anderson/Kleiza to clear up the log jam at the wing rotation, and possibly acquire another big, that would be a good deal.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I am 100% for Anderson and Bargs for Ridnour and Williams. I think that is the best deal we can make, or we can get for Bargs.

Getting rid of Anderson would also free up time for Ross and we would have a pretty damn solid wing rotation.

The team would be pretty damn exciting with Ross, Demar, Gay and Williams.

Comment

Anderson and Bargs for Ridnour and Williams is my favorite trade post-Rudy Ive seen on this forum.

Lowry, Ridnour
                  Derozan, Ross
                  Gay, Fields
                  Williams, Amir
                  JV, Amir (During small ball with Gay at the 4)

One lottery pick next year, and this team is SET.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    This is what I agree with aside from the Derozan suggestion. Derrick Williams is a tweener, and with the current style of play the Raptors play, and the league plays, he would fit really nicely, especially with his athleticism that would just boost the system. Ridnour would be a really good pick-up too.

Add in Anderson/Kleiza to clear up the log jam at the wing rotation, and possibly acquire another big, that would be a good deal.
                    Red and White wrote: View Post
                    I am 100% for Anderson and Bargs for Ridnour and Williams. I think that is the best deal we can make, or we can get for Bargs.

Getting rid of Anderson would also free up time for Ross and we would have a pretty damn solid wing rotation.

The team would be pretty damn exciting with Ross, Demar, Gay and Williams.
                    enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Anderson and Bargs for Ridnour and Williams is my favorite trade post-Rudy Ive seen on this forum.

Lowry, Ridnour
                    Derozan, Ross
                    Gay, Fields
                    Williams, Amir
                    JV, Amir (During small ball with Gay at the 4)

One lottery pick next year, and this team is SET.
                    As much as I like that trade (I did propose it after all), it really doesn't make sense for Toronto if Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields are all going to be kept.

To make it even more enticing for Minnesota, I would even be willing to make it Bargnani & Anderson for Ridnour & Roy.

Minnesota could then possibly flip Bargnani & Williams & Amundson (to match salaries) & 1st round pick to LA for Gasol.

For Toronto, Roy might retire ($5M off the books) or he'd be an expiring contact as a trade asset next year.

Comment

noooooooooo not Williams, we can do better and if not, then id rather do nothing at all

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                        noooooooooo not Williams, we can do better and if not, then id rather do nothing at all
                        Derrick Williams is such a waste of talent on Minnesota. This guy can seriously play basketball if he's in the right situation. Minnesota drafted him because he was the best player available, but as soon as he was drafted, everyone knew it was going to be hard getting minutes with Love, Randolph, Beasley, Tolliver, Johnson taking up the 3 & 4 positions, the positions Williams was going to play. He was the odd man out, and he still is.

Guy is athletic, can rebound, defend, and play inside & outside. 6'10, a guy just as tall as Amir Johnson, and has great body size. I would be very willing to trade for him and Ridnour.

Bargnani + Anderson for Williams + Ridnour is a deal I would be very willing to do. I originally said, I personally would like this team to acquire a prospect big to rotate along with Amir, JV, Gray, & Acy. Plus a point guard to strengthen the position (especially because Lowry is injury-prone) and JL3 is still an if.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          Derrick Williams is such a waste of talent on Minnesota. This guy can seriously play basketball if he's in the right situation. Minnesota drafted him because he was the best player available, but as soon as he was drafted, everyone knew it was going to be hard getting minutes with Love, Randolph, Beasley, Tolliver, Johnson taking up the 3 & 4 positions, the positions Williams was going to play. He was the odd man out, and he still is.

Guy is athletic, can rebound, defend, and play inside & outside. 6'10, a guy just as tall as Amir Johnson, and has great body size. I would be very willing to trade for him and Ridnour.

Bargnani + Anderson for Williams + Ridnour is a deal I would be very willing to do. I originally said, I personally would like this team to acquire a prospect big to rotate along with Amir, JV, Gray, & Acy. Plus a point guard to strengthen the position (especially because Lowry is injury-prone) and JL3 is still an if.
                          I agree Williams is a tremendous talent, but he's clearly more suited to being a SF at this stage in his career. I don't actually like going small too much. It's something you should do at times, like a zone D, but not make your bread and butter.

Also, where the F*%$* are you pulling 6'10" from? he's 6'8". He is not big enough to play PF regularly, which means with Gay on our roster, it makes very little sense to get him.

I agree with your logic: prospect big + backup PG is one of the better possibilities for trading Bargs, but Williams is a prospect wing. He's not long, athletic or hustle/D oriented enough to be a full time 4.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Feb 2, 2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

This is the best trade for Bargs + Anderson = Ridnour + Williams

If this doesn't happen, Bargs and Anderson can and should stay put.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

i like that deal---fully plausible and we add a backup pg while getting rid of Andrea. Maybe Cunningham instead of roy?

Comment

Working...
                              X