Four players we should target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four players we should target

PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A RIDICULOUS TRADE THREAD. Everyone listed here is obtainable without a great deal of fuss

This post makes the following two assumptions. The Raptors Core going forward is Lowry/Ross/Gay/Valanciunas

Everyone else seems to be expendable.

The second assumption is we are not going after another near max player (although that can be argued as well)

Derrick Williams SF/PF Minnesota
    The man is a gifted athlete and an effective 3pt shooter (35% this season) He would benefit greatly from a change in scenery and a new role.

Wilson Chandler SG/SF Denver
    A two way player that can guard three positions. He is coming off surgery which is a completely valid excuse to avoid him. I say buy low on him as you don't ever hear the words "career ending hip injury" in the NBA.

Paul Millsap PF Utah
    We would need to spend to keep him. By my estimate 10 - 12 million per year. But he is a great two way player tough defender good mid range shooter, a good rebounder not to mention gritty. A true Casey 4.

Steve Blake PG Lakers
    I for one am tired of PG controversies. But I do want one that could start in a pinch. Steve Blake is no threat to Kyle Lowry. He is a capable play maker and decent 3pt shooter. Duhon is a better fit in the backup role for LA.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

I'm just wondering if you can name some guys in which "a change in scenery" made a significant impact. I'm actually just curious, not being facetious and don't have time to look this up.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

Harden is playing better in Houston

Lin (minus the brief outbreak of Linsanity) is playing better in Houston

Glen Davis is playing better in Orlando (till he broke his foot)

Gallinari in Denver

McGee in Denver

Mayo in Dallas

Crawford for the Clips

the reasons on these vary
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The 'change of scenery' theme actually sells quite well in most professional sports. I like Millsap, Derrick Williams and Steve Blake as potential acquisitions

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          I'm just wondering if you can name some guys in which "a change in scenery" made a significant impact. I'm actually just curious, not being facetious and don't have time to look this up.
          Vince Carter?

Comment

Just looking through the free agency list for the upcoming offseason (http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/) and I notice that there are lots of decent backup PGs available, including...

- Calderon :-)
            - Collison (if not qualified by Dallas)
            - Augustin
            - Duhon (if option not picked-up by Lakers)
            - Ridnour (under contract with Minnesota, but could be another trade target, given that he's their 3rd/4th PG behind Rubio, Shved and Barea)

All the more reason to focus on acquiring a starting PF in any trade of DeRozan (possibly along with any of Bargnani, Kleiza, Anderson), be it a trade at the deadline or in the offseason. Millsap would be my primary PF target, be it in trade or free agency.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Vince Carter?
              too soooooon

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Millsap would be my primary PF target, be it in trade or free agency.
                I'm on board with that

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  too soooooon
                  lol - it is true though.

'04-'05 TOR 20 games
                  15.9 pts
                  .411 fg
                  .322 3pt
                  2.5-3.6 .694 ft
                  3.3 reb
                  3.1 ast
                  0.8 blk
                  1.3 stl

WORST TRADE EVER OCCURS!

'04-'05 NJ 57 games
                  27.5 pts
                  .462 fg
                  .425 3pt
                  5.6-6.8 .817 ft
                  5.9 rebs
                  4.7 ast
                  0.6 blk
                  1.5 stl

Comment

Matt52 should be punished somehow for potentially turning this into a VC thread :P

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong Matt, but I assume you mentioned Carter not as a possible target, but another example of someone who benefited from a "change in scenery".

Comment

Matt52 should be punished somehow for potentially turning this into a VC thread :P
                        but but but but

ebrian.... he he he he....

ahhhh shit.... sorry.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Correct me if I'm wrong Matt, but I assume you mentioned Carter not as a possible target, but another example of someone who benefited from a "change in scenery".
                          Yes in response to ebrian question.

Comment

Harden is playing better in Houston

Lin (minus the brief outbreak of Linsanity) is playing better in Houston

Glen Davis is playing better in Orlando (till he broke his foot)

Gallinari in Denver

McGee in Denver

Mayo in Dallas

Crawford for the Clips

the reasons on these vary

I will pre-order Gallinari home and away shirts then

Comment

PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A RIDICULOUS TRADE THREAD. Everyone listed here is obtainable without a great deal of fuss

This post makes the following two assumptions. The Raptors Core going forward is Lowry/Ross/Gay/Valanciunas

Everyone else seems to be expendable.

The second assumption is we are not going after another near max player (although that can be argued as well)

Derrick Williams SF/PF Minnesota
                              The man is a gifted athlete and an effective 3pt shooter (35% this season) He would benefit greatly from a change in scenery and a new role.

Wilson Chandler SG/SF Denver
                              A two way player that can guard three positions. He is coming off surgery which is a completely valid excuse to avoid him. I say buy low on him as you don't ever hear the words "career ending hip injury" in the NBA.

Paul Millsap PF Utah
                              We would need to spend to keep him. By my estimate 10 - 12 million per year. But he is a great two way player tough defender good mid range shooter, a good rebounder not to mention gritty. A true Casey 4.

Steve Blake PG Lakers
                              I for one am tired of PG controversies. But I do want one that could start in a pinch. Steve Blake is no threat to Kyle Lowry. He is a capable play maker and decent 3pt shooter. Duhon is a better fit in the backup role for LA.
                              AB for DW straight up?

Comment

Working...
                              X