X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    AB for DW straight up?
    get out
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Lets get another highlight reel*, McGee.

* Shaqtin a fool
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Good thread overall and I like the base assumptions. With the presumed core of these four... the true need is a PF and I like Millsap with this lineup. With Amir and Fields off the bench this is a solid unit. Ross and Val progress could take this team to Indiana, Chicago, Brooklyn level in a few years. People just need to be patient now. Another three team deal that nets us Millsap, Derozan going to Utah and Bargs ends up somewhere... don't care where?

Comment

why is Derrick Williams even a suggestion at this point?? I didn't want him when we didn't have gay and I don't want him now

Comment

he is buried behind Kirilenko and Love... and he is a four with range. If your PG/SG and PF can drop threes at or around 35 - 40%...and your C can hammer people on screens and dive to the bucket... = easy offense.

2.) If you have Lowry/Ross/Gay/Williams on the floor then during crunch time defensive plays you switch on every screen. You will often see crunch time subs from many other teams in order to put someone out there that allows you to switch.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

foxmachine wrote: View Post
              why is derrick williams even a suggestion at this point?? I didn't want him when we didn't have gay and i don't want him now
              its always marsha marsha marsha!!!!

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
                its always marsha marsha marsha!!!!
                I wonder how many will get this?

Comment

I would assume the best way to get Williams would be to take on paying Brandon Roy, you think this could ever happen? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7drxb7

Comment

No more mediocre wings please. We have Gay... we do not need Williams/Chandler/etc.

Now we should upgrade our backup PG and/or starting PF. Perhaps a starting C because JV is still 2 years away.

Blake was a good choice. I also like Udrih, Ridnour, or Tinsley as well. Guys that don't mind playing backup and can get the job done.

I've been pining for Millsap for a long time, so hell yah!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      No more mediocre wings please. We have Gay... we do not need Williams/Chandler/etc.

Now we should upgrade our backup PG and/or starting PF. Perhaps a starting C because JV is still 2 years away.

Blake was a good choice. I also like Udrih, Ridnour, or Tinsley as well. Guys that don't mind playing backup and can get the job done.

I've been pining for Millsap for a long time, so hell yah!
                      If only they could use Bargnani (and others) to faciliate a Gasol-to-Minny trade, getting Pekovic (starting C) and Ridnour (backup PG) in return, then trade DeRozan for Millsap (starting SF) at the deadline or as S&T in the summer!

LINEUP
                      C: Pekovic, Valanciunas
                      PF: Millsap, Johnson
                      SF: Gay
                      SG: Fields, Ross
                      PG: Lowry, Ridnour

Such a good young lineup!

ESPN Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bayanb9
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how Rudy gay is mediocre? The dude is one of the best clutch players in the league and an has elite athleticism. He's easily better than luol deng and he'll be an all star next season Guranteed

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          If only they could use Bargnani (and others) to faciliate a Gasol-to-Minny trade, getting Pekovic (starting C) and Ridnour (backup PG) in return, then trade DeRozan for Millsap (starting SF) at the deadline or as S&T in the summer!

LINEUP
                          C: Pekovic, Valanciunas
                          PF: Millsap, Johnson
                          SF: Gay
                          SG: Fields, Ross
                          PG: Lowry, Ridnour

Such a good young lineup!

ESPN Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bayanb9
                          I really like that trade.. Obviously Rubio/Gasol have a bond which might help Gasol out (he's in a huge funk). Pekovic may leave after this year, but I'm actually okay with that.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Can someone explain to me how Rudy gay is mediocre? The dude is one of the best clutch players in the league and an has elite athleticism. He's easily better than luol deng and he'll be an all star next season Guranteed
                            Not sure if this was because I used the word mediocre.. I was referring to Williams/Chandler not Gay.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Not sure if this was because I used the word mediocre.. I was referring to Williams/Chandler not Gay.
                              You sure made it sound like you said he was mediocre. Well sorry then

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                some ppl think he's mediocre because of his average stats (mainly fg% and PER) They have a point, but there is no doubting his talent and athleticism. Plus there is a good chance he'll return to his previous form, as a decline in production at his age is unlikely and probably not going to continue

Comment

Working...
                                X