Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This franchise is finally going in the right direction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading for an all-starish player is the only way we wouldve got one! Yes his salary is high, but now we have a closer. No starts ever sign to come to toronto. When you have the leverage to pick an choose, you would never choose a different country with higher taxes and no ESPN. Great move in my opinion, and with a few tweaks, we have a consistant playoff team with a player who can close out games (which we havent seen since VC). Why do we need financial flexibility if we can't sign a star? So we can do more landry fields type moves? Come on. Teams don't give away stars with good contracts, thus this path was our ONLY way to get an elite player.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
      A strange trade when taking it in isolation.

That would leave Amir Johnson and Quincy Acy as the only true power forwards. I am not comfortable with Quincy Acy playing starter minutes for starter minutes if Amir is not available for more than just a game or two.

Our centers would be Nikola Pekovic, Jonas Valanciunas, Hamed Haddadi, and Robert Sacre, all true centers, not PF-C type. Sacre and Haddadi would be "DNP - Inactive" or "DNP - Coach's Decision" when Jonas returns. We would have to trade Pekovic as soon as he becomes a UFA as he will receive a starter money offer.
      True, but the PF position will be damn near impossible to address, especially now that our biggest trade chips are basically Bargs and Alan Anderson. Even if we, say, made a totally different trade to address it by getting someone like Millsap, he'd be gone at the end of the year with no guarantee we could hang onto him. Amir is good enough to start at PF. It would give Acy some burn. And I don't know if you read my explanation, but we could easily have a PF thrown in instead of a C like Sacre. Some choices: maybe Jamison stays unhappy and they trade him. Mabye Tolliver is thrown in from Atlanta, or Lou Amundson from Minny....It's not ideal, but it is an idea that rids us of Bargs, gets us a PG and C, and doesn't really screw us.

Comment

Michael Grange: Interesting comment by Colangelo when asked if MLSE would be a tax team: for the right transaction, yes. Twitter @michaelgrange
        Not sure how to make it all official looking so I just copy and pasted. This is very good news to hear.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
          Not sure how to make it all official looking so I just copy and pasted. This is very good news to hear.
          I wonder if that means Gasol?

Comment

Well not so long ago (two years to be exact) our starting PG was Jose, our starting SF was Turk and starting C was (hopefully) Bargs.
            Fast forward today and our starting PG is Lowry, SF Gay, and C Val.
            Still divided how successfull this new Raptor team will be, but one thing is for sure it will be a wholotta more fun to watch!

Comment

How do you feel about it now? Small sample size but pretty much saw what the potential of rudy gay being on this team can bring. Take some pressure off of derozan so they both have room to operate as well as a guy who can get to the rim and make shots. Post game, both players stated that they have never played with a 2 or a 3 as talented as one another which leads us to think of their past history of wing partners - tony allen, garbajosa, fields, aa, james johnson, hedo...

Things open up with threats at multiple positions and as we all saw last night, the pace has picked up a considerable amount.

I miss Ed Davis as much as anyone but who was really optimistic about ed until this year? He had no shot, bricks for hands and was out with an injury early in his career. People were asking for his head until recently. Colangelo may not have made the most financially smart move but he sold high on ed and picked up a player that was at a low point in value who has obviously capable of playing at a high level.

This is only the tip of the iceberg and it is also why it is important to see things through before making rash conclusions.

Comment

Working...
              X