The National Basketball Association is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The National Basketball Association is a joke

According to Bryan Colangelo during a interview with Bob Mccown today, NBA officials will not issue an apology to the team as they deemed the call to be a correct non-call not that it means anything but woow these fools are gutless
    Last edited by SCP0389; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 07:34 PM.

SCP0389 wrote: View Post
    According to Bryan Colangelo during a interview with Bob Mccown today, NBA officials will not issue an apology to the team as they deemed the call to be a correct non-call not that it means anything but woow these fools are gutless
    When Casey said his peace, no apology would be forthcoming. They would look even more foolish with a 3rd apology and then fining Casey to boot.

If no fine for Casey comes, consider that an apology.

Comment

Meh, at some point the NBA has to stop issuing apologies or risk actually having to do something about it.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Very good point nonetheless what a bunch of unprofessional twats!

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        When Casey said his peace, no apology would be forthcoming. They would look even more foolish with a 3rd apology and then fining Casey to boot.

Comment

something has to be done with regards to reviewable plays that potentially can cost teams wins. Im sure its been vented by others but I cant remember the NBA ever apologizing soo much

Comment

Yep. Agree on everything...though I don't know if they will forego the fine on Casey. They may not fine him because it wasn't vulgar or anything. But they are weird, and I can see them doing it so that coaches don't start feeling like they can shit on the officiating in the media whenever the call was bad.

Comment

SCP0389 wrote: View Post
              something has to be done with regards to reviewable plays that potentially can cost teams wins. Im sure its been vented by others but I cant remember the NBA ever apologizing soo much
              I wonder if that competition committee that BC is on pushed the apologizing, because maybe they want the former to come in some form. Having all these mistakes be public makes it harder to prevent some kind of change. It's tough to know what that could be though. Something has to be done...

I think they should do it by penalizing refs, much like they penalize players for flopping. Fine them, or suspend them for a game or something. At the very least, it might make them blow their whistle just to be able to review it and make the right call. Some flexibility will need to be added to change their calls. Usually you can only review what you blew your whistle for. So if it was a deflection, you can only check for possession, but if the guy was fouled, you can't change the call to accommodate that. THey'd have to allow for that to happen from now on.

Comment

It's really unfortunate that the calls haven't been going our way.

The refs are professionals and they're doing the best they can. If you start "penalizing" the refs, you're going to get a whole lot of whistles "just to make sure" - that's going to destroy the flow of the game.

Comment

if nba fines casey with no apology = bad press
                  if nba fines casey with apology = bad press
                  if nba doesnt do anything = no press at all

we'll see what happens

Comment

What about adding a couple** extra officials strictly confined to the baseline? wont fix everything but might help.

coastal wrote: View Post
                    It's really unfortunate that the calls haven't been going our way.

The refs are professionals and they're doing the best they can. If you start "penalizing" the refs, you're going to get a whole lot of whistles "just to make sure" - that's going to destroy the flow of the game.

Comment

If a few extra lottery balls propels us in to the top 3, well, that would be worth this all this angst and maybe the conspiracy was actually to help the Raptors than hinder.

**that last hit off the bong was I-N-S-A-N-E-!**

Comment

Nope.... no apology!

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Raptors coach Dwane Casey has been fined $25,000 for public criticism of officiating.
                        But considering how Shaq, the Atlanta bloggers, and anyone with a brain who watched it knows the difference, whatever.

Comment

Guess Casey is just gonna have to cut down on those restaurant meals for the next few weeks lol

Comment

Worth it. 25K is well worth that speech/comment.

Comment

Bad call, again. I can understand Casey's reaction. A no call at the end of the game is not the only reason for a loss. I saw the title of this thread and it made me wonder how the Raptors could play a zone defense last night and not be aware of Kyle Korver's location at all times. At this level it's a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                              X