No announcement yet.

The National Basketball Association is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly think BC is gonna reimburse Casey the 25000. Heard him on the Brady and Lang show saying he was proud of DC and thought he would have said something earlier. That kind of endorsement from management suggests to me that management will put their money where their mouth is and foot the bill.

I hope so at least.

Comment

I'm happy Casey 'lashed' out at the refs but come on....really? That's all Casey had in him?!? Make the 25k worth it next time
      Not to mention he also praised the refs in the post game...L A M E.

Comment

How many apologies has the NBA been giving out this year? I'm guessing that they try to make it more or less even so that it seems like no team has gotten it worse than any other. That way it looks like they're doing something about the mistakes, without making the officiating appear lopsided overall.

Comment

simple as fining the refs when they fuck up like this. non calls or obvious bad calls. fine them.

players and coaches get fined if they speak wrong. players are getting fined if they fall down on purpose now.

fine the refs.

all they get is ostricized and attacked when it turns out they work for the mob.

some accountability that does damage beyond a "i'm sorry" is what is needed.

Comment

Fonzi wrote: View Post
            I'm guessing that they try to make it more or less even so that it seems like no team has gotten it worse than any other. That way it looks like they're doing something about the mistakes, without making the officiating appear lopsided overall.
            As far as I know, it hasn't been even; the Raps have two, a couple of other teams have one, and that's it. It seems like they only do it with the most egregious plays...up until last night.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I notice it's always non-calls that affect us, rather than us being called for fouls on the defensive end. I don't think there have been many calls either way in the close finishes. Maybe the refs are just swallowing their whistles, and we should be hacking other teams the same as they're doing to us?

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                As far as I know, it hasn't been even; the Raps have two, a couple of other teams have one, and that's it. It seems like they only do it with the most egregious plays...up until last night.
                Well, a disparity of two isn't too bad, but the NBA probably doesn't want it to get any worse than that, i.e. some teams with four or more apologies while others have zero.

Comment

I thought the NBA got rid of Tim Donaghy. I had no idea they put him in charge of Officiating.

Comment

So they appologize...then what happens?
                    who gives a sh_ _? they don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X