No announcement yet.

Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point I realize that hailing any unproven player as a "savior" of the franchise can quickly turn things sour for that player.
    OG is our king

Comment

• RG the ultimate team guy

"Unlike Johnson, who took his demotion grudgingly but without overt protest, Gay indicated he wouldn’t go willingly when the subject was broached. “Me? Would I ever come off the bench?” he said, when I asked him about it. “No. I think this team needs me in the starting lineup. Maybe on a different team, maybe in the long run… But here? No.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...off-the-bench/

Hidden messages aplenty? Different team? Long run? Here?

Comment

• At this point, the only thing we can hope for is that Gay doesn't pick up his player option, and he simply becomes an expiring contract this year.

I can't believe I was for the Gay acquisition last year. I've never seen a more selfish player in my life.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          "Unlike Johnson, who took his demotion grudgingly but without overt protest, Gay indicated he wouldn’t go willingly when the subject was broached. “Me? Would I ever come off the bench?” he said, when I asked him about it. “No. I think this team needs me in the starting lineup. Maybe on a different team, maybe in the long run… But here? No.”

Oh man. I read that as "I'm too good to play off the bench for this crap team." I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Gay more but...Can we send him down to the D-League? Now that would be a message.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            At this point, the only thing we can hope for is that Gay doesn't pick up his player option, and he simply becomes an expiring contract this year.

I can't believe I was for the Gay acquisition last year. I've never seen a more selfish player in my life.
            So we shouldn't bring up posts like this

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Pinch me, I'm dreaming!
            Hopefully you were right and we are just dreaming, and we'll wake up and it'll still be T-Mac and VC taking the court next game.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• My own take is that he believes he is not going to be with the team....so padding his stats is in his best interests (flexibility re his opt out and long term deal). The bench is not a good place to negotiate from. In any case the Raps have a value problem obviously. period. Just hope he finds his shot in the next couple of weeks. MU can double down and move DD come off the bench. He'll be pissed of course but I believe we need to separate the two.

Comment

• You know what's craaaaaaaazy? What if one year ago someone came in and said, "I can give you a SF who will give you 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg, and 1.5 bpg. Do you want him?" And everyone would say "Yaaaaaaaaay! We haven't had a SF with that kind of production in 10 years!"

Isn't that crazy? Context is everything.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  You know what's craaaaaaaazy? What if one year ago someone came in and said, "I can give you a SF who will give you 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg, and 1.5 bpg. Do you want him?" And everyone would say "Yaaaaaaaaay! We haven't had a SF with that kind of production in 10 years!"

Isn't that crazy? Context is everything.
                  Lots of people were saying "YAY!" for just that reason....sigh...Now look where we are, and what we're stuck with....

Comment

My own take is that he believes he is not going to be with the team....so padding his stats is in his best interests (flexibility re his opt out and long term deal). The bench is not a good place to negotiate from. In any case the Raps have a value problem obviously. period. Just hope he finds his shot in the next couple of weeks. MU can double down and move DD come off the bench. He'll be pissed of course but I believe we need to separate the two.
                    MU has to decide soon if he can get any value for Gay. If not, I'd be fine with the risk of alienating/pissing him off by taking a hardline coaching approach. It's happened before - guys have been paid millions to sit in a suit b/c they help the team more by not playing. Gay's potentially an expiring contract - the best outcome of which may soon be just letting it expire rather than taking longer term commitments in return.

At this point I'm more interested in the development of some of the young guys than maintaining Gay's questionable trade value.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MU can get value out of a bag of smashed a#$holes. Bargs value was quite low as well, but he netted a very good return on him all things considered. Gays contract is much less appealing, but his game is much more appealing than Bargs. I'm guessing MU will be able to get something for Gay if indeed he gets traded. But at this point, is it even important to get value back. addition by subtraction, that's where Gay sits in my books.

Comment

Wow. Are you fucking kidding me??

Reminds me a lot of Iverson's comments not wanting to come off the bench(can't remember which team). But that was Allen Iverson. A future hall of famer.

Rudy Gay is not even that good! not even half as good as AI. And he's chucking ways is clearly killing the Raptors. Who does he think he is??
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Its funny how we wanted AA gone but we got another even less efficent version of him in Rudy Gay..... Scary actually.

Comment

This makes me sad.
                            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Grange actually wrote a pretty good article on why Rudy is the one that needs to come off the bench and not Amir.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Here? no wow that sounded so bad like fuck bench in Toronto? like it was a big glass of ass juice he just drank and spat out the words.

Gay is really starting to make me hate him, guy is struggling fine but just play within the team you aren't jesus christ here saving the Raps from awfulness and mediocrity nor are you Kobe Bryant.

Comment

Working...
                                X