Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Koreen @ekoreen 2 hours ago
    The Quotable Rudy Gay on last year's 4-19 start: “We definitely remember that start. I remember it and I wasn’t even here.”

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
      Eric Koreen @ekoreen 2 hours ago
      The Quotable Rudy Gay on last year's 4-19 start: “We definitely remember that start. I remember it and I wasn’t even here.”
      Haha, indoctrination on full display!

Comment

• I've been wondering this. I know Rudy Gay is nowhere near the level of NBA player/superstar that Vince Carter was back in 2004. But if MU was able to get a similar package to what Babcock got for Vinsanity, it would be thought of as a fucking triumph right?

Trade was VC for Eric Williams, Aaron Williams and Alonzo Mourning + two first-round draft picks.

You could cut that trade package in half and I think it would still be thought of, overall, as a favourable deal (the deadset anti-tankers may not agree). Sub in other cheap scrubs for the Williams bros and an expiring contract for Zo.

I know the cap situation is way different, that Vince put T. on the map and that teams value 1st rounders way more these days, but it's still pretty interesting. To me anyway.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Didn't those 2 picks turn into Charlie Villenueva and Joey Graham? God, what a shit show....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Didn't those 2 picks turn into Charlie Villenueva and Joey Graham? God, what a shit show....
            Joey Graham was the all time biggest example of reality distortion disorder.

Boy, Babcock was one hell of a troll.

Comment

• lol, anyone remember when Joey Graham dunked on Chris Mihm and the announcers called him Joey Crawford?

You know you suck when the refs are more recognizable than you.

Comment

• Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  How?

As I mentioned, neither Gay or DD are particularly good at finding teammates once they start their drives.

We have no post presence that will likely commend a double team, unless you expects doubles for DD and Gay on the block.
                  Watching last night's game, Boston would double-team/send help defense as soon as DeMar would turn his back on the defender. So... That answers that, I think. If a team full of defensive perimeter players (Bradley, Wallace, Lee) would be throwing doubles at him, I'm be certain he'll see more in the near future.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• anyone catch the Gay interview on NBA tv?

Comment

• I caught the tail end of it... I think the front end has a lot more talking.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                        anyone catch the Gay interview on NBA tv?
                        Nothing serious, they just showed Rudy's shot chart vs Celtics, how efficient he was and quick interview.

Talked about:

Eyes surgery
                        Working with Hakeem and expanding game
                        Main goal is playoffs, but doesn't want to talk how further they'll go

He also encouraged people to vote on fan night voting Heat vs Raptors.

Dennis ended show in Halloween spirit.

Comment

• That was a bit retarded...... a bit.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                            Watching last night's game, Boston would double-team/send help defense as soon as DeMar would turn his back on the defender. So... That answers that, I think. If a team full of defensive perimeter players (Bradley, Wallace, Lee) would be throwing doubles at him, I'm be certain he'll see more in the near future.
                            I would be shocked to see that consistently. Boston only sent the double when Demar was going against the undersized Avery Bradley. I don't remember seeing any when Demar was guarded by anyone else.

Demar wont have favourable match-ups in the post for a lot of games this season. If you are counting on that to open up Lowry's shot, then Lowry will be limited to a few minute stretches per game.

Until Demar/Gay learn to pass out of their drives, or the team gets a real post presence, Lowry will struggle to get open looks on the perimeter.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jesus the negative attention and criticism is getting worse and worse.....

Last night Rudy Gay did something few people in NBA history has ever accomplished. He took 37 shots from the field and managed to get only 11 to go through the hoop. Many people took to Twitter to celebrate this accomplishment. Here is some of what people said:

‏@TheNBAUpdate Rudy Gay FEWEST POINTS ever (since 1984) for players averaging 20fga/g through their team’s first 8 games.

@TheNBAUpdate Median score for a player with 37 or more FGA: 48 pts.

@tomhaberstroh Most shots Kevin Love has taken in a game this season: 25. Kevin Durant: 24. LeBron: 20 … Rudy Gay MISSED 26 tonight.

‏@tomhaberstroh Prior to tonight, 72 players had taken at least 37 shots since 1985-86. Only 1 failed to score 30. MJ = Rudy Gay. http://bkref.com/tiny/ybkPg

‏@TheNBAUpdate DeRozan and Gay go 17/62 (27.4%). Ironically, the Raptors are also playing their “star” players $27.4 million

‏@ArturoGalletti Congrats to Gay for being the 2nd player to make as few as 11 fg on at least 37 fga http://bkref.com/tiny/IYaQi He needs to sue his eye doctor.

‏@TheNBAUpdate Rudy Gay’s 29 pts on 37 shots is the fewest pts for any player taking 37 or more shots (tied with MJ who had 29pts on 39 shots 11/3/97)

Even I chimed in on the story.

@wagesofwins http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400488976Rudy Gay hits 11 of 37 shots and is ESPN’s “Top Performer”. Quick snapshot of what’s wrong with NBA analysis.
                              The only blessing and hope we have is there is an idiot at ESPN who thought he was worthy of "Top Performer". I hope that person is also working for the Bobcats or Cavs.

As one can see, people on Twitter understood that Gay had a bad night. Whoever chooses the “top performer” at ESPN.com, though, disagreed. According to this person, Gay was the top performer for the Raptors last night. And who can argue? Gay did score 29 points. And if you only look at points scored in a box score, then you have to agree Gay was the Raptors “best” player.

But if you understand the other numbers in the box score, you would disagree. In fact, if you simply understood the basic rules of basketball you would have to disagree.
                              And this is the kicker:

As Tom Haberstroh noted, Gay MISSED more shots last night than Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, and LeBron James have TAKEN in a single game this year.

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/11/12/an...r-is-rudy-gay/

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X