Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    So what? Calderon is a good shooter everyone knows that, Are you saying you want Calderon over Rudy Gay?

Don't be silly Rudy offers leadership we never had Calderon has been running the PG position on this team for 7 years and the Raps have just been stuck in mediocrity let it go. Calderon on average will not impact a game.

wow

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
      I just see it as opening the defense. He takes a three then next play his man plays tight D and he drives to the basket.

But yeah, since he became a Raptor, he's taken 6,5,7,2,4 and has only made 5. Ouch. Hopefully Demar's gym rat attitude will rub off on him.
      Yeah, it's just the sheer volume. Given his role he's bound to take at least a couple every game, but he really needs to stop jacking them up whenever he sees some space.

Comment

• Has anyone noticed how great of a ball-handler Rudy Gay is? The guy can seriously create from 25+ feet, and find his way all the way to the rim. A great pull-up jumper, and a very underrated defender. Plus, his length seems to annoy players.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Has anyone noticed how great of a ball-handler Rudy Gay is? The guy can seriously create from 25+ feet, and find his way all the way to the rim. A great pull-up jumper, and a very underrated defender. Plus, his length seems to annoy players.
          I wouldn't say he's "great", but he's adequate at getting his shot off. I just think this team has been saddled without any 1-on-1 creators for so long, Gay looks like the 2nd coming of Tim Hardaway in comparison

Comment

• Gays handles arent that great hes just quite th athletic specimen to help him out with creation his size is great hard to stop when hes on the move, Dont let that fool you a lot of the time his handles are clumsy, but its not how you start its how you finish and hes always been great on those pulls ups and attacking the basket.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't say he's "great", but he's adequate at getting his shot off. I just think this team has been saddled without any 1-on-1 creators for so long, Gay looks like the 2nd coming of Tim Hardaway in comparison
              Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Gays handles arent that great hes just quite th athletic specimen to help him out with creation his size is great hard to stop when hes on the move, Dont let that fool you a lot of the time his handles are clumsy, but its not how you start its how you finish and hes always been great on those pulls ups and attacking the basket.
              I don't know, but, I mean, this guy really has a really, really good handle. He seems to be able to shake defenders off with so much ease. Great moves, smooth hesitations.. I don't know, regardless of his size, for a guy like him, his handles remind me near to Durant's. Long, smooth, quick handles. Just my eye.

Comment

• compared to oher SFs yes he does he can handle the ball a bit but its not LBJ Durant or Paul Pierce quality handles lol.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  compared to oher SFs yes he does he can handle the ball a bit but its not LBJ Durant or Paul Pierce quality handles lol.
                  Eh, I still see him right there though. I'm a point guard, so, maybe I see handles a different way? :P Just my eye and my opinion.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Eh, I still see him right there though. I'm a point guard, so, maybe I see handles a different way? :P Just my eye and my opinion.
                    his handle is good, but his skill level there is still what you'd call good for a SF. I used to play PG too, so I know what you mean...He's just very sound, and I think it goes with the high bball IQ. He doesn't have the slickest handle, or some crazy crossover/hesitation move or something, but he just is really fundamentally sound....keeps the ball low, can use both hands and go either way, protects the ball fairly well, doesn't "fix" his move, as in don't predetermine your move...this is a big problem with Demar, especially in other seasons. He'd catch the ball to make his move, but you'd always know where he's going, and he wouldn't hold himself back, say by putting the ball down, seeing the D is set, and changing his approach. Gay might catch the ball, put it down, see that he doesn't have anything, and dribble/maneuver a bit to create an opportunity/space....Again, most of these things are reflective of a high bball IQ and strong grasp of fundamentals.

i still wouldn't put him up there with a SF like LeBron, who's kind of a freak, but I don't see a huge gap between him and Durant there, and see their styles as very similar...Durant is still better...but I mean, he's probably the 2nd best player in the world right now, hands down, so it's ok to not be at that level.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Not sure if people have been noticing the recognition the Raps and Gay have been getting from NBA.com.

Talent and athleticism is a wonderful thing.

Comment

• When fellow TNT analyst Kenny Smith told Barkley he believed in the Raptors more than the Lakers, Barkley was quick to stop Smith in his tracks:

"That's two ugly girls, Kenny," Barkley said. "Who cares?
                        http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...chard-deitsch/

Comment

• Rudy fucking gay!

Comment

• 4-21 today. This is getting ridiculously bad. I know he's going to get credit but we wouldn't have gotten this win if it hasn't been for Lucas, AA and Demar stepping up.

Comment

• ugly shooting night, but the fact that Carmelo had just as much trouble allows him off the hook. He played amazing defense when his offense was off, and any star that can do that is worth having.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                                4-21 today. This is getting ridiculously bad. I know he's going to get credit but we wouldn't have gotten this win if it hasn't been for Lucas, AA and Demar stepping up.
                                And it could be argued that Lucas, AA, and DeMar don't step up without Gay to take the attention.

Not to mention he had 8 rebs, 4 assists, a steal, a block, just one turnover in 41 minutes and some pretty good D all night.

I think many Raptors fans have been force fed "number 1 options" who can only contribute based on field goal attempts.

Raps are 5-2 with Rudy.
                                6 opponents have been plus .500.
                                Raps are 4-2 vs. those plus .500 teams after starting 1-18.

Comment

Working...
                                X