Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the trade and why Casey is still NOT the right coach for the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSchool wrote: View Post
    panagnos wrote:
    The mature one has spoken. The guy with an avatar of two-pack, LOL, giving the finger.... Real mature man!

Because its a picture of Tupac giving the finger.

If you haven't reached an age where you understand that yet than youre immature yourself. The only exceptions are: if this was a hip hop forum or if it were Tupac himself posting

Plus anyone who has to ask how an avatar can effect a poster's credibility must....oh never mind shhhhiiiiiiiiitttttttt
    NOt really. Avatar's are for fun. Someone criticizing somebody else's maturity for something that in no way should ever be taken seriously is ridiculous. Hence if he's going to use that logic, tons of avatars can be considered immature.

And to suggest just because it's a picture of Tupac giving the finger that it is an immature choice is also strange. A large portion of Tupac's music is rebellious in nature, an affront to the situation so many poor young men and women are born into in the United States. I don't know the context of the pic, but at the very least it's a pretty nice symbol for some music and message of his. The finger, however immature you deem it (I suppose I could bite my thumb at thee instead), is a symbol of anger, fighting back and not taking shit anymore.

Finally, you suggest having an avatar that what, isn't completely and plainly associated to bball is immature? That's just fucking crazy. Again, avatars are FOR FUN. I was just getting on the guy for even bringing it up at all. Sorry we can't all have mature fun.....I'll make sure my next avatar shows a bingo hall or something.

Also really finally, I didn't suggest his avatar had anything to do with credibility, but the fact that HE WAS CRITICIZING SOMEONE ELSE'S AVATAR IS THE VERY THING THAT DAMAGES HIS, BECAUSE AVATARS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH INTELLIGENCE OR CREDIBILITY. The thing I said damaged his credibility was that he couldn't even get a basic stat right, like knowing that Butch Carter won 45 games and Lenny Wilkens got the 47 games.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Feb 3, 2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Per the above logic: My avatar gives me the most credibility by far!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        NOt really. Avatar's are for fun. Someone criticizing somebody else's maturity for something that in no way should ever be taken seriously is ridiculous. Hence if he's going to use that logic, tons of avatars can be considered immature.

And to suggest just because it's a picture of Tupac giving the finger that it is an immature choice is also strange. A large portion of Tupac's music is rebellious in nature, an affront to the situation so many poor young men and women are born into in the United States. I don't know the context of the pic, but at the very least it's a pretty nice symbol for some music and message of his. The finger, however immature you deem it (I suppose I could bite my thumb at thee instead), is a symbol of anger, fighting back and not taking shit anymore.

Finally, you suggest having an avatar that what, isn't completely and plainly associated to bball is immature? That's just fucking crazy. Again, avatars are FOR FUN. I was just getting on the guy for even bringing it up at all. Sorry we can't all have mature fun.....I'll make sure my next avatar shows a bingo hall or something.

Also really finally, I didn't suggest his avatar had anything to do with credibility, but the fact that HE WAS CRITICIZING SOMEONE ELSE'S AVATAR IS THE VERY THING THAT DAMAGES HIS, BECAUSE AVATARS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH INTELLIGENCE OR CREDIBILITY. The thing I said damaged his credibility was that he couldn't even get a basic stat right, like knowing that Butch Carter won 45 games and Lenny Wilkens got the 47 games.
        You know what, you're right. Avatars are just for fun. When i read these forums its usually during my late night shift when I have nothing left to do but vent (usually after a Raptors loss) - so don't be surprised if you read more of my posts and Im unloading on some fool posting here. Im just gonna call it how I see it. And after reading this, you're right - Ill admit it.

I still think its silly though for someone to come on here and try an spew their basketball knowledge to everyone then you look at his avatar and its a pic of Justin Beiber singing a love song (just an example) then the poster saying "what!? he's my favorite singer...so anyways about that low post execution..." - somethings wrong with that picture and Im not talking about the avatar.

Comment

Casey might not be the coach for the Raptors.

Great motivator. Guys haven't quit. But his in game decision making is suspect as is his X's and O's in my opinion.

The team is loading up on talent and he needs to utilize it much better than he did vs. the HEAT. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going crazy over one loss but how AA continues to be THE focus of the offense for long stretches blows my mind.

At the end of the day though, Casey is suppose to be a defensive coach. Over half way through the season the Raptors are:
          • 20th in opp PPG
          • tied for 23rd in opp FG%
          • 26th in defensive rating
          • 23rd in opp at rim fg%
          • 3rd in opp made at rim field goals

These stats are my concern. For a team suppose to be preaching defense, well, it is not there.

Comment

I still like Casey. He's not the brightest X's and O's type of coach, but he can motivate, he is well-respected, determined and last but not the least, he has his teams back. Maybe there is a need to hire an assistant who is a brilliant strategist. But the one thing I know is, the head coach is the voice in the locker room. As long as players listen to him (and you can tell they will play their asses off for this coach), then Casey should remain the Raptors head coach.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I said this before, i think Casey's a good guy. I think he's a good teacher. But i don't think he's a good coach.

Raps are getting outcoached in my opinion every game specially late in games. And isn't DC supposed to be a defensive coach?

Anyhow, there are better coaches out there. Raps need an experienced guy in my opinion. I would love to see Jeff or Stan Van Gundy coaching this team next year. But i know it's not gonna happen.

Casey is the Raps coach come hell or high water.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
              X