Do you BELIEVE? Raptor playoff push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrian wrote: View Post
    The fun is about to begin because the minute they are mathematically eliminated, good times will ensue.

For one thing, JV and Ross will start getting more minutes. This mean less minutes for guys like Bargnani and Anderson, which also equates to winning more games. I'm sorry to anyone who likes the latter two players, but facts are facts -- we will win more games without Bargnani and Anderson on the floor.

I'm excited about seeing the young guys get more minutes, even if it means no playoffs.
    I wouldn't be too sure about this... the Raptors were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs really early last season however Casey was still playing all his vets. Casey does not like playing his rookies.. didn't do it last year when tanking could have helped.. I really doubt he will do it this year when tanking will make no sense since OKC has the pick.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't be too sure about this... the Raptors were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs really early last season however Casey was still playing all his vets. Casey does not like playing his rookies.. didn't do it last year when tanking could have helped.. I really doubt he will do it this year when tanking will make no sense since OKC has the pick.
      Ah man I remember that too.. I hope he's changed though. I've got tickets to a game mid-March and I'm hoping to get a big dose of the young guys. I don't want to spend the whole game booing Bargnani.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Congrats to .40, ebrian, and Nilanka!

You guys nailed it!

Thread closed!!
        Hurray for not believing!

Wait.. some guy named Imperial just voted. Cheater!
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

They can not make the playoffs this season maybe next year if the players like Gay and Bargnani not injury.

Good luck next seasons!!!

Comment

I just went back to check some of my old posts (at another site), and I found that at the 4-14 mark I predicted us to win 20 games total this season. That was before the Gay trade obviously.

However.. sitting at 23 wins, I do not feel like they have exceeded my expectations.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Raptors are currently 17-30. It is a might big hole they are in regarding the playoffs. To get 40 wins and a reasonable shot at the playoffs, they can only lose 12 of their next 35 games (i.e. they have to go 23-12).

Here is the remaining schedule:

Schedule Breakdown

Total games: 35

Home games: 17

Road games: 18

games vs. East: 28

Games vs. West: 7

Games vs. opp over .500: 21

Games vs. opp under .500: 14

Games vs. teams currently in 6-7-8-9-10:
              • Atlanta - 2
              • Milwaukee - 2
              • Boston - 3
              • Philadelphia - 0
              • Detroit - 2

Coulda/shoulda/woulda time: All I keep thinking about is the blown games vs. Milwaukee and Philly and the 4 "ref" games.

So with the schedule breakdown, what do you think Raptors playoff odds are?

Looking at the Bucks limp in to the playoffs (37-41, 3-7 last 10), 40 wins would have likely assured a playoff spot - even 38 would have done it had the Raps even split with Milwaukee. With four games left the Bucks play Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, and OKC.

Disappointing because it was attainable.

Comment

Looking at the Bucks limp in to the playoffs (37-41, 3-7 last 10), 40 wins would have likely assured a playoff spot - even 38 would have done it had the Raps even split with Milwaukee. With four games left the Bucks play Atlanta, Charlotte, Denver, and OKC.

Disappointing because it was attainable.
                That's exactly it. That's what is so heartbreaking about this season.
                And not even to say it could have been better ... it SHOULD have been better.

I think next year, anything but the Playoffs will be a HUGE let down.
                Which is at least a nice feeling to have. Been a while since we've been able to say that.

Comment

I'd say this season was already a huge letdown.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    I'd say this season was already a huge letdown.
                    Season theme song

Comment

• we toronto'd another season. yay

Comment

• Man... I put 40-60, and that was in the beginning of February. I should've seen the slip coming...
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                        X