Do you BELIEVE? Raptor playoff push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red and White wrote: View Post
    The team needs one win decently sized win streak, and then over .500 ball the rest of the way. It just does not look like it is going to happen. I say 15-85. We should see some exciting ball though, and you never know what can happen when and if a team gets hot.

Those 4 ref games might just go down in infamy if the team gets close.
    In agreement. The only way see Raps getting in is going on an extended winning streak.....it is clearly not impossible but not likely. They need to put teams away when get 10+ point lead. They still have trouble playing with the lead.

Comment

Like i said on the other thread. Raps are 17-13 in their last 30 games. 5-2 With Rudy Gay. If they go 19-10 the rest of the way they might just sneak in.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

well hopefully the good teams we play down the stretch will be resting their players for the playoffs and not caring about winning.. hate that tactic but for us it could be helpful. (haven't looked at the schedule to see who our last few games are against but I know we play boston in our last game and if they have 6th or 7th place secured they may rest KG and Pierce)

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          well hopefully the good teams we play down the stretch will be resting their players for the playoffs and not caring about winning.. hate that tactic but for us it could be helpful. (haven't looked at the schedule to see who our last few games are against but I know we play boston in our last game and if they have 6th or 7th place secured they may rest KG and Pierce)
          Last 5 games against teams that will have likely clinched ....chi chi Atl Brooklyn Bos

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            hheheheh

Comment

Hm, the Raptors would have to go 20-9 the rest of the way to finish with 41 wins. Assuming this is good enough to make the playoffs (and it probably is), even if they go undefeated against teams currently under .500, they'd have to go 6-11 against teams .500+. Certainly not impossible. Unlikely, but not impossible, which is already a step up from where they were before acquiring Gay, haha.

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ayoff-chances/

Great article by Blake Murphy on the homepage.

Personally I think Raps need to finish 19-10 minimum with both games vs. Milwaukee being Raptor wins.

What do you think?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Personally I think Raps need to finish 19-10 minimum with both games vs. Milwaukee being Raptor wins.

What do you think?
                  Agree great article. I think 17-12 is minimum. Which is possible since we've gone 17-13 since 4-19. Boston has way too many injuries and a lot of road games, I think 18 left. Philly I think will stay at the same progression even with Bynum.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

my predictions,

raptors miss playoffs, bargnani doesnt get traded, colangelo gets fired

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

What do you think?
                      Sounds about right. And it's sad to say that is the absolute best case scenario that can happen, and it's highly unlikely. I see them maybe pulling off 15-14, but I hope they prove me wrong in a positive way :P

phez wrote: View Post
                      my predictions,

raptors miss playoffs, bargnani doesnt get traded, colangelo gets fired
                      Meh, I feel like he's proving himself this year, he's made some good trades and signings, maybe one bad signing but he's definately done more good than bad lately. Obviously he feels that what the other teams offered for Bargnani wasn't worth the bang for the buck, which I agree. This offseason he will probably get a better deal (if bargs does better) and it will help us for next year. Because all the offers so far in my opinion wouldn't be good enough to give us the push to the playoffs anyways, so why rush?
                      A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

BC just saved i job with the Rudy Gay signing, he now seems to be moving the team into relevance, he drafted Terrence Ross which is this years dunk champion putting some more spotlight on Tdot. BC's job is safe.

Raps are close but dont make playoffs, minor trade tomorrow, minor pick up to help out the PG position, BC is extended, Bargs traded in the summer, Klieza amnested.

Comment

Prediction: Bargnani gets traded at the deadline, Raps make playoffs, BC extended.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                            Prediction: Bargnani gets traded at the deadline, Raps make playoffs, BC extended.
                            Doug Smith reported Bargnani likely isn't going anywhere until the summer. I hope he's wrong.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                              Doug Smith reported Bargnani likely isn't going anywhere until the summer. I hope he's wrong.
                              Yeah, Doug Smith. He said Rudy Gay trade was highly unlikely, 2 weeks later, Gay is in a Raps uniform.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...y-beckons.html

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, Doug Smith. He said Rudy Gay trade was highly unlikely, 2 weeks later, Gay is in a Raps uniform.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...y-beckons.html
                                Well, the deal he said wouldn't happen with Gay still assumed that we'd be sending them more than just Jose and Ed.

As for the current rumor from him, it's pretty standard. He is a disseminator for MLSE. What his post means is basically that they are not happy with any of the offers out there (much like they refused to part with more than Jose and Ed), so for something to get done, offers need to be tweaked/improved.

Comment

Working...
                                X