The Best SG/SF Combo in NBA Finals VS DeMar and Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best SG/SF Combo in NBA Finals VS DeMar and Rudy Gay

Ok if we look back in history, not that far, starting in 2000, and see the team with the championship with respect to their SG and SF

2000 - LA Lakers - Ok Kobe and Rick Fox but they had Glenn Rice and Shaq while facing the Indiana Pacers who had R.Miller and Croschere but they had Davis and M.Jackson.
    2001 - LA Lakers - Again Kobe and Rick Fox with Glenn Rice and Shaq while facing the 76ers who had McKie and Jones but they had Iverson and Mutombo
    2002 - LA Lakers - Again Kobe and Rick Fox with Robert Horry and Shaq while facing the Nets who had Kittles and Jefferson but they had Kidd, Kenyon Martin, and Keith Van Horne
    2003 - SA Spurs - Ginobili and Bowen but they had Parker and Duncan, and the rest of the team were contributing while facing the Nets who had Kittles and Jefferson but they had Kidd, Kenyon Martin, and Keith Van Horne
    2004 - Detroit Pistons - Hamilton and T.Prince but they had Billups, R.Wallace and B.Wallace while facing the Lakers who had Kobe and Rick Fox but they had Shaq, K.Malone, and G.Payton
    2005 - SA Spurs - Ginobili and Bowen and the rest of the team beat Pistons who had Hamilton and T.Prince
    2006 - Miami Heat - Wade and Antoine Walker while they had Shaq and Jason Williams facing the Mavericks who had J.Howard and Stackhouse but they had Nowitzki and Devin Harris and not to mention Erick Dampier at his prime
    2007 - SA Spurs - Again, Ginobili and Bowen and the rest of the Spurs defeated Cavs who had L.Hughes and L.James
    2008 - Boston Celtics - Ray Allen and Paul Pierce but they had Cassel and KG while defeating the Lakers who had Kobe and Ariza but they had Gasol, Odom, and A.Bynum
    2009 - LA Lakers - Kobe and Ariza and the rest of the Lakeshore defeated Magic with Pietrus and Turkolu but they had J.Nelson and D.Howard and a functional R.Lewis
    2010 - LA Lakers - Kobe and Artest and the rest of the Lakeshore defeated Celtics who had Ray Allen, Pierce
    2011 - Dallas Mavericks - Terry and S.Marion but with the core of Nowtizki, Kidd, and C.Butler defeated the Miami Heat who had Wade and LBJ and not to mention Bosh
    2012 - Miami Heat - Wade and LBJ and the rest of the Heat defeated Thunder who had Harden and Durant and not to mention R.Westbrook and S.Ibaka.

Last but not least, one of the best 2-3 of the Raptors of all time goes to Vince and T-Mac so now let's fast forward to the current lineups and roster.

DeMar DeRozan and Rudy Gay can form one of the best 2-3 punches for the Raptors since Vince and T-Mac. Beside our backup 2-3 aren't that bad with T-Ross backing up DeMar and Fields for Gay, I think our 2-3 are set for this season. Will DeRozan and Gay ever bring the tenacity that Vince and T-Mac brought back when they played their hearts out, I don't know, it's kinda late since we have half away from the post-season perhaps next season we will get to see the true partnership play of the two. So historically speaking, only the 2004 Pistons, 2008 Celtics, and 2012 Heat in terms of the 2-3 outplays our 2-3 for this season however history has proven that you can't rely on your 2-3 but the rest of the team. Ofcourse DeMar and Rudy are not enough to push us to the playoff let alone with the Title but other players in Lowry, Bargs, Val and Amir had to get better including our bench of Lucas, Ross, Fields and Gray if we ever gonna make some noise. Personally, I think if we do make the playoff and there's a possibility we will face the Heat, we will be knocked out the first round but then again if we play with the Knicks, it might give us an edge. Just a train of thoughts, I say Colangelo needs to make one and final move this season to guarantee the Raps a playoff birth and that's to say, none of the DeMar, Rudy, Lowry, Amir, Val get injured big for the remainder of the season. If not, realistically, I don't see the Raps make the playoff this year, good luck next year. Personally, I would like to see Raps try their best this year, if they make it, let's call a celebration, if not, there's always next year. Will Rudy Gay demand a trade, from the looks of it, I don't know but who knows, he may demand a big time player plus a few veterans to come on board for the Raptors and if Colangelo can't bring that then Gay will be gone by the start of next season, book it.

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Ok if we look back in history, not that far, starting in 2000, and see the team with the championship with respect to their SG and SF

2000 - LA Lakers - Ok Kobe and Rick Fox but they had Glenn Rice and Shaq while facing the Indiana Pacers who had R.Miller and Croschere but they had Davis and M.Jackson.
    2001 - LA Lakers - Again Kobe and Rick Fox with Glenn Rice and Shaq while facing the 76ers who had McKie and Jones but they had Iverson and Mutombo
    2002 - LA Lakers - Again Kobe and Rick Fox with Robert Horry and Shaq while facing the Nets who had Kittles and Jefferson but they had Kidd, Kenyon Martin, and Keith Van Horne
    2003 - SA Spurs - Ginobili and Bowen but they had Parker and Duncan, and the rest of the team were contributing while facing the Nets who had Kittles and Jefferson but they had Kidd, Kenyon Martin, and Keith Van Horne
    2004 - Detroit Pistons - Hamilton and T.Prince but they had Billups, R.Wallace and B.Wallace while facing the Lakers who had Kobe and Rick Fox but they had Shaq, K.Malone, and G.Payton
    2005 - SA Spurs - Ginobili and Bowen and the rest of the team beat Pistons who had Hamilton and T.Prince
    2006 - Miami Heat - Wade and Antoine Walker while they had Shaq and Jason Williams facing the Mavericks who had J.Howard and Stackhouse but they had Nowitzki and Devin Harris and not to mention Erick Dampier at his prime
    2007 - SA Spurs - Again, Ginobili and Bowen and the rest of the Spurs defeated Cavs who had L.Hughes and L.James
    2008 - Boston Celtics - Ray Allen and Paul Pierce but they had Cassel and KG while defeating the Lakers who had Kobe and Ariza but they had Gasol, Odom, and A.Bynum
    2009 - LA Lakers - Kobe and Ariza and the rest of the Lakeshore defeated Magic with Pietrus and Turkolu but they had J.Nelson and D.Howard and a functional R.Lewis
    2010 - LA Lakers - Kobe and Artest and the rest of the Lakeshore defeated Celtics who had Ray Allen, Pierce
    2011 - Dallas Mavericks - Terry and S.Marion but with the core of Nowtizki, Kidd, and C.Butler defeated the Miami Heat who had Wade and LBJ and not to mention Bosh
    2012 - Miami Heat - Wade and LBJ and the rest of the Heat defeated Thunder who had Harden and Durant and not to mention R.Westbrook and S.Ibaka.

Last but not least, one of the best 2-3 of the Raptors of all time goes to Vince and T-Mac so now let's fast forward to the current lineups and roster.

DeMar DeRozan and Rudy Gay can form one of the best 2-3 punches for the Raptors since Vince and T-Mac. Beside our backup 2-3 aren't that bad with T-Ross backing up DeMar and Fields for Gay, I think our 2-3 are set for this season. Will DeRozan and Gay ever bring the tenacity that Vince and T-Mac brought back when they played their hearts out, I don't know, it's kinda late since we have half away from the post-season perhaps next season we will get to see the true partnership play of the two. So historically speaking, only the 2004 Pistons, 2008 Celtics, and 2012 Heat in terms of the 2-3 outplays our 2-3 for this season however history has proven that you can't rely on your 2-3 but the rest of the team. Ofcourse DeMar and Rudy are not enough to push us to the playoff let alone with the Title but other players in Lowry, Bargs, Val and Amir had to get better including our bench of Lucas, Ross, Fields and Gray if we ever gonna make some noise. Personally, I think if we do make the playoff and there's a possibility we will face the Heat, we will be knocked out the first round but then again if we play with the Knicks, it might give us an edge. Just a train of thoughts, I say Colangelo needs to make one and final move this season to guarantee the Raps a playoff birth and that's to say, none of the DeMar, Rudy, Lowry, Amir, Val get injured big for the remainder of the season. If not, realistically, I don't see the Raps make the playoff this year, good luck next year. Personally, I would like to see Raps try their best this year, if they make it, let's call a celebration, if not, there's always next year. Will Rudy Gay demand a trade, from the looks of it, I don't know but who knows, he may demand a big time player plus a few veterans to come on board for the Raptors and if Colangelo can't bring that then Gay will be gone by the start of next season, book it.
    LOL regardless of any possible outcome of this season, rudy gay will not be gone by the start of next season, book it.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      LOL regardless of any possible outcome of this season, rudy gay will not be gone by the start of next season, book it.
      Ya...I agreed with this post for the most part until that last sentence too.

Comment

RR has the best trolls man.

Comment

wtf?

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
            Will Rudy Gay demand a trade, from the looks of it, I don't know but who knows, he may demand a big time player plus a few veterans to come on board for the Raptors and if Colangelo can't bring that then Gay will be gone by the start of next season, book it.
            If you haven't noticed, Rudy is under contract for next season as well. He's also bound to make $16 million next year...I don't know many teams that are willing to take that on in a trade.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

This dude is on quite a trolling rampage.. The likes of which we haven't seen since the days of "Bargs is Tupac"

Comment

Working...
              X