Game-Time: Raptors vs. Heat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phez wrote: View Post
    lol using THE HEAT as an excuse. reminder that THE HEAT have lost to the likes of detroit, washington, milwaukee. and raptors taking them them to OT last time out.
    Rudy Gay had one practice and our team is banged up. Its a valid excuse

Comment

• Jesus Christ the negativity on this board is unreal. Did you guys actually prefer our roster pre-trade, or are you just angry all the time? (EDIT: Based on the post counts, I'd actually just assume you're a bunch of trolls.)

We're not a good team yet, but we lost to the best team in the conference. We've got a new man that shows signs of potentially being our centrepiece. What more can you ask for at this point in the season?

Comment

• Great game, but we kinda are still missing that pass first PG, not saying that we should rid ourselves of Lowry, but a pass first backup would be ideal.

Comment

• Man these reactions piss me off. Raps played so well tonight, lost to the better team who turned up the defensive intensity in the 3rd. Our passing slowed to a halt when they congested the passing lanes; this was a Heat victory, not a Raptor loss.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            Seriously. People trying to make it seem like the heat have never lost a game or some shit.

And Val has always been underwhelming.
            I'm not going to defend Val too much, but it's hard to call him underwhelming. He certainly needs to develop, but his fundamentals are way more solid than a player like Drummond. And it's also frustrating with Jose gone, because tonight nobody ever gave him the ball, including sometimes when he was rolling open, and sometimes when he had deep post position on guys like Bosh and Haslem. It's been a problem all season because he's actually very good at rolling, and making himself big down low.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Man these reactions piss me off. Raps played so well tonight, lost to the better team who turned up the defensive intensity in the 3rd. Our passing slowed to a halt when they congested the passing lanes; this was a Heat victory, not a Raptor loss.
              +1

I don't really see a reason for such rage right now.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                Jesus Christ the negativity on this board is unreal. Did you guys actually prefer our roster pre-trade, or are you just angry all the time? (EDIT: Based on the post counts, I'd actually just assume you're a bunch of trolls.)

We're not a good team yet, but we lost to the best team in the conference. We've got a new man that shows signs of potentially being our centrepiece. What more can you ask for at this point in the season?
                +1

Comment

Seriously. People trying to make it seem like the heat have never lost a game or some shit.

And Val has always been underwhelming. Sorry but loading up the team with underachieving euro players has just been horrible.
                  Val is coming off an injury, looks a bit rusty, sure. But, he has not "always been underwhelming". He played great at the start of the year and I am confident he can return to that form. It is tough to just play well right away after not playing for a while. Give the kid a break.

Comment

• Poor Matt52's magic number changed to 11 ...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      +1

I don't really see a reason for such rage right now.
                      It was a bad game. The only good thing was derozan getting to the line. Other than that, his shots were horrid along with the rest of the team tonight. Gay racked up record numbers for himself but gave away a ton of missed shots.

Comment

And Val has always been underwhelming.
                        You newbies need to learn a thing or two about basketball before you start posting nonesense everywhere. Val is coming off an injury(a Broken hand) and the Heat just lost against indiana the other night so they were looking to win this game. They might have lost a couple of games to lesser teams but that doesn't mean that all of a sudden everyone can beat them.

Comment

• Gay and DeMar both played well against a strong defensive team PERIOD. It's like people didn't watch the game. The bench let us down tonight. Lowry could've played a crisper game.

Comment

• Unfortunately this board is also filled with a lot of blind NBA fans. Do you really can't see that this organization is going nowhere and actually JV is the only sure case srious player? (he'll show that not sooner than his 3rd season though). Raptors do not do any moves for the future. They adding only scorers with low IQ. Look at winning teams and learn something. Christ, I don't even care if JV will be succesful in Raptors, he will find his ways as he has all he needs in him, but Raptors are going nowhere and it's funny how many fans here (and even more in other boards) are delusional.

I can tell you one thing. Adding such player as Alexey Shved would probably be more serious try to build a serious core for the future than adding Rudy Gay.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              Gay and DeMar both played well against a strong defensive team PERIOD. It's like people didn't watch the game. The bench let us down tonight. Lowry could've played a crisper game.
                              Yep.

For me, I'm not expecting playoffs this season. I'll be looking to see what kind of moves this team can make, at the deadline or in the offseason, to build up around Gay et al. So for me, seeing Derozan and Gay play well against a fired-up Miami defence is encouraging.

Comment

• I would understand raging if we lost to a crappier team but this is a bit much.

Comment

Working...
                                X