Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% agreement!!!

Comment

My top 3 bigs to go after would be Milsap, Jefferson and D. West (for a year or two at the most), but I would also take a chance on J.J. Hickson whom might be the more available player that would demand the least. He is having a great year for the Blazers.

Plenty of back up PG's out there, so not really something I'm too concerned about.

Comment

Backup PG is my ONLY concern ... we are stacked at the wing ... bigs are enough, depending on the Bargs scene.

Actually, after the turnovers and lack of assists - maybe STARTING PG will become a need too ...

For those interested in Ridnour, here's a creative and logical way to do it.

-CHA wants talent, needs shooting beside Bismack and MKG.
        -MIN needs SG depth with Roy's departure
        -TOR wants a backup PG, and to clear some long term dollars with big deals to DD and Gay.

Charlotte gets Bargnani
        Minnesota gets Gerald Henderson
        Toronto gets Ridnour and Diop

mMoney works. Selling pretty low on Bargs - but gets a veteran backup and expiring contract.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
          Backup PG is my ONLY concern ... we are stacked at the wing ... bigs are enough, depending on the Bargs scene.

Actually, after the turnovers and lack of assists - maybe STARTING PG will become a need too ...

For those interested in Ridnour, here's a creative and logical way to do it.

-CHA wants talent, needs shooting beside Bismack and MKG.
          -MIN needs SG depth with Roy's departure
          -TOR wants a backup PG, and to clear some long term dollars with big deals to DD and Gay.

Charlotte gets Bargnani
          Minnesota gets Gerald Henderson
          Toronto gets Ridnour and Diop

mMoney works. Selling pretty low on Bargs - but gets a veteran backup and expiring contract.
          Amir and JV in the starting line up may work, but both guys are prone to picking up fouls and if either player gets injured there would be a serious drop off in talent with the back up bigs we have...Gray, Acy and Diop (if the trade you proposed went through). I'd much rather get a starting quality PF and have Amir as the first big off the bench.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Amir and JV in the starting line up may work, but both guys are prone to picking up fouls and if either player gets injured there would be a serious drop off in talent with the back up bigs we have...Gray, Acy and Diop (if the trade you proposed went through). I'd much rather get a starting quality PF and have Amir as the first big off the bench.
            Ideally, I'd prefer one my starters to be a legit offensive threat in the low-post (in the mold of a Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, or David West).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Ideally, I'd prefer one my starters to be a legit offensive threat in the low-post (in the mold of a Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, or David West).
              I agree. My original post included Milsap, Jefferson, D. West and as the cheapest alternative J.J. Hickson because he seems to be an up and coming talent. I originally liked Josh Smith, but he's demanding a max contract and I don't think he is elite enough to go that deep into luxury tax for.

Having said that though I would take Josh Smith in a heart beat and be happy with being a 4th seed in the East, cause you know...it's not my money.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                1. pass-first veteran PG (ie: Ridnour)

2. starting PF - move Johnson to backup PF, but could also play at C with the new PF too (ie: Millsap)

Distant #3. upgraded veteran C (to start while Valanciunas improves on the 2nd unit; Gray would likely have to go)

LINEUP (with #1 & #2 addressed)

C: Gray, Valanciunas
                PF: Millsap, Johnson
                SF: Gay, Fields
                SG: DeRozan, Ross
                PG: Lowry, Ridnour
                This.

Comment

1. Pau Gasol
                  2. First round picks, lots of them
                  3. Someone to replace Calderon, you know, a real starting PG.. for real this time.
                  Last edited by ebrian; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 03:53 PM.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

Back up big and pg

Bargnani & Anderson for Udoh and Udrih from Milwaukee

or

Bargnani & Anderson for Diop & Sessions

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
                      Back up big and pg

Bargnani & Anderson for Udoh and Udrih from Milwaukee

or

Bargnani & Anderson for Diop & Sessions
                      I'm not overly impressed with either Udoh or Diop, but at least Diop is expiring (and hopefully the Raps would land a 1st round pick as well). I just don't see Charlotte going after Bargnani when they already have Mullens (though he is expiring).

I still think a similar deal could be Bargnani/Anderson for Ridnour/Roy. A useful backup PG, with a salary dump. Hopefully Roy would decide to retire after the season.

Comment

I want to try to get maybe Lou Admunson, he would be a perfect backup big.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I'm not overly impressed with either Udoh or Diop, but at least Diop is expiring (and hopefully the Raps would land a 1st round pick as well). I just don't see Charlotte going after Bargnani when they already have Mullens (though he is expiring).

I still think a similar deal could be Bargnani/Anderson for Ridnour/Roy. A useful backup PG, with a salary dump. Hopefully Roy would decide to retire after the season.
                          I think Udrih would be a solid choice to run the 2nd unit, and I feel Milwaukee would be more willing to give up a first. Personally I feel Bargnani would be effective in a Milwaukee uniform. Ekpe as well is young enough to develop and see if he is anything more than a 5th big man

Personally I don't think we will get much more than these type of trades at the moment

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aymdxbz

Something like this could be enticing to each team

Raps would get some youth and a veteran back up pg
                            Timberwolves would get Gasol to pair with Rubio
                            Lakers would get a stretch 4 and some wing depth and as mentioned perhaps Roy retires after the season

Comment

Bargnani is a major pain in the ass to trade. Why did BC have to give him such a retarded contract?

Comment

you guys think the lakers would do this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5uvz85

Comment

Working...
                                X