No announcement yet.

trade deadline wishlist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Lakers think Gasol is soft, I don't know why they'd consider Bargnani.

But then again, stranger things have happened (like obtaining Gay for scraps).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

They said gasol was soft? wtf, the dude ain't even close to soft. Dwight Howard is what you call soft

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

haha Boo ya!

Seriously though, I don't really want Gasol. There's something about it I just don't like.
        PF's that can rebound and defend are not hard to come by. Assuming JV can develop properly, we just need someone as good as Amir, which should not be difficult to get.

My fear is that putting a guy like Gasol who needs touches in the post at this stage will 1: take away from JV's development as far as minutes and touches and 2: put Rudy in exactly the same predicament as he was in previously.

We should try to be patient and see how Rudy and DD develop together with Lowry, before throwing another ego in the mix (not saying Pau is egotistical, just saying he can't be treated like a nobody)

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
          haha Boo ya!

Seriously though, I don't really want Gasol. There's something about it I just don't like.
          PF's that can rebound and defend are not hard to come by. Assuming JV can develop properly, we just need someone as good as Amir, which should not be difficult to get.

My fear is that putting a guy like Gasol who needs touches in the post at this stage will 1: take away from JV's development as far as minutes and touches and 2: put Rudy in exactly the same predicament as he was in previously.

We should try to be patient and see how Rudy and DD develop together with Lowry, before throwing another ego in the mix (not saying Pau is egotistical, just saying he can't be treated like a nobody)
          When TALENT comes calling you don't tell them to call back later. If the Raps can add another significant player through trade that includes Bargnani, forget timing, and get the league conference call on the line pronto.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            I want to try to get maybe Lou Admunson, he would be a perfect backup big.
            My thoughts exactly. Low maintenance + high energy, although not very skilled.

Rumor has it that he is slowly distancing himself from the Wolves. Maybe a 2nd rounder will do it.

They may be interested in Bargnani as well as a patch for Kevin Love's absence.

They also mentioned that they need to get bigger on the wings seeing that they are starting Ridnour at the 2 spot right now.

Anderson + Bargnani for Derrick Williams + Lou Amundson + Ridnour ...

Maybe picks being exchanged. I see this as a logical deal depending on their view on Bargnani. Rick Adelman may be able to garner Bargnani's respect. He's also a very good tactician who can place Bargnani in ideal positions to be effective.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82nov8
            Last edited by torch19; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 08:00 PM.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
              My thoughts exactly. Low maintenance + high energy, although not very skilled.

Rumor has it that he is slowly distancing himself from the Wolves. Maybe a 2nd rounder will do it.

They may be interested in Bargnani as well as a patch for Kevin Love's absence.

They also mentioned that they need to get bigger on the wings seeing that they are starting Ridnour at the 2 spot right now.

Fields/Anderson + Bargnani for Derrick Williams + Lou Amundson + Ridnour ...

Maybe picks being exchanged. I see this as a logical deal depending on their view on Bargnani. Rick Adelman may be able to garner Bargnani's respect. He's also a very good tactician who can place Bargnani in ideal positions to be effective.
              Hmmmm. I personally like it, but once again:

Gay/Fields or Anderson/D.Williams/Pietrus
              Amir/Amundson/D.Williams

Williams will lack playing time whether it's the 3 or 4. I mean, he could start (which is what I've assumed in my deals similar)
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Maybe a change in scenery can help him as well, although I think he'll never be able to live up to the #2 billing. A more athletic team should fit his skill set and with teams getting smaller by the day, he seems like a good fit. I see more minutes for him at the four but this gives us versatility and addresses our depth.
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                  Maybe a change in scenery can help him as well, although I think he'll never be able to live up to the #2 billing. A more athletic team should fit his skill set and with teams getting smaller by the day, he seems like a good fit. I see more minutes for him at the four but this gives us versatility and addresses our depth.
                  I think if we just did a deal of:

Andrea Bargnani + Alan Anderson + 2nd Round Picks = Derrick Williams + Luke Ridnour

Lineup/roster depth chart:

PG: Lowry/Ridnour/Lucas
                  SG: Derozan/Ross
                  SF: Gay/Fields/Kleiza/Pietrus
                  PF: D.Williams/Johnson/Acy
                  C: Valanciunas/Gray

Point guard depth addressed, and strengthening the front-court with Derrick Williams would be a nice fit.

Why Derrick Williams, isn't he a tweener? Yes, but he's in the 6'8 to 6'10 range, built, strong, athletic, quick, and can play both inside and outside. Explosive player, solid post/man/system defender, and has potential - in my opinion - that can live up to being the 2nd pick. The guy was chosen because he was the best player available, but everyone in Minny knew that it was going to be tough to crack a consistent spot on the rotation.

His athleticism, outside ability, and strength could really fit this team. Ridnour comes in - also as an expiring deal - to strengthen the depth at the PG, and add veteran experience.

Depending on rumours, and Gasol's availability, a three team trade could also go down sending the likes of Gasol to Minny, Bargnani to LA, and the same guys coming to Toronto.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I do like idea of Ridnour and Williams, but I think this team needs a third scoring option and neither of those guys have proven to do that. Maybe Williams can develop.

What I would like to see, but I don't it would ever happen. I would like to acquire Ray Allen. I would love to see some good veteran leadership. I see Terence Ross turning into a Ray Allen type of player. What better way then learning off the man himself. Ray has the ability to move without the ball, something I don't see this raptors team doing. Also the championship pedigree of he would bring would be valuable to this team.

Comment

I like the Ridinour acquisition awesome pick up imo. The team is in the hunt if we can somehow bolster our bench scoring options with a guy like Wilson Chandler he has no real role in Denver and is interested in coming North if Denver lets the guy go...

Lowry/Ridnour/Lucas
                      DeRozan/Ross
                      Gay/Chandler/Jospeh
                      Williams/Johnson/Acy
                      Valanciunas/Gray

Comment

Chandler/Williams' names keep being mentioned. I think we are pretty set in the wing department. Sure Williams can play the 4 but he's a tweener. Rudy Gay can play the 4 as well.

The most pressing positions that need to be upgraded in my opinion are:

1) starting PF that can rebound
                        2) backup PG that has no problem being a backup
                        3) backup Center for 1/2 year contract only
                        4) a shooter that can be brought in when a 3P FG is needed

Here are some players that can satisfy my list:

1) Millsap, Gasol, AJ, Young, J-Smith
                        2) Tinsley, Ridnour, Barea, Watson, Udrih, Blake, Augustin
                        3) Okafor, Pekovic, Pachulia, Hawes, Dalembert
                        4) Korver, Dunleavy, Foye, Webster, Mason, Fredette, Green

I'm willing to trade any player on the roster other than JV, Ross, Gay, and Lowry. Amir I'm on the fence... It would depend on what we get back. If it's anyone on my list above then I would not want to part with Amir.

Comment

You all may think I'm crazy but,

I'd take Vince Carter back and put him on the bench.
                          He's making less money than Linas Kleiza for craps sake.
                          Vince @ 3.1m
                          Linas @ 4.6m

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                            You all may think I'm crazy but,

I'd take Vince Carter back and put him on the bench.
                            He's making less money than Linas Kleiza for craps sake.
                            Vince @ 3.1m
                            Linas @ 4.6m
                            What sense does a deal like that make? Either of them would be the team's 6th wing, behind Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Fields and Anderson. They are both signed through next season, but at least the team has the option of using the amnesty on Kleiza; the Raps would be stuck with Carter next season too.

The Raps are more than set on the wings. They need a starting PF, backup PG and an upgraded backup C.

Comment

Chandler would eliminate the need for fields Anderson and Pietrus, tightening our rotation to Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Chandler with a cheap back up in Joseph in case of injury.

Our bench isnt solid our starting line is looking better but A duo of Ross with Chandler on the wings being led by a solid pg in Ridnour would be sick. Fields Klieza Anderson and Pietrus arent really mainstays the only guy there I wouldnt mind keeping is Fields cause he can do more off the ball which makes up for his scoring ineptitude at the moment.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Chandler would eliminate the need for fields Anderson and Pietrus, tightening our rotation to Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Chandler with a cheap back up in Joseph in case of injury.

Our bench isnt solid our starting line is looking better but A duo of Ross with Chandler on the wings being led by a solid pg in Ridnour would be sick. Fields Klieza Anderson and Pietrus arent really mainstays the only guy there I wouldnt mind keeping is Fields cause he can do more off the ball which makes up for his scoring ineptitude at the moment.
                                I think I'd rather just keep Fields than trade for Chandler, at this point. They are similar players (lots of movement, good defense, solid rebounding, can play either wing spot) making similar money, but Fields is younger and doesn't come with the huge injury risk.

Gay, DeRozan, Fields and Ross is more than enough depth at the wing spots, providing very good balance. Perhaps a 5th young, cheap wing can be added as insurance.

Comment

Working...
                                X