Phil Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    If we ever gonna get a good production out of DeRozan and Gay, I think we need the right coach. Bring in Phil Jackson, who might turn DeRozan and Rudy into a Jordan and Pippen clone. But with our current coach in Dwayne Casey, it's not gonna happen. Casey focus too much on defense and neither DeRozan nor Gay is good at that, we are a run and gun, triangle offense type of team now so bringing in either Phil Jackson or Avery Johnson is fine but it would be a dream to land Phil Jackson and establish his triangle offense for us and possibly he will make Valanciunas a good player for years to come.
    Also, I hadn't even read how retarded this post was......Jordan and Pippen were maybe the best defensive wing pair ever. That's the main reason they won. Not because Phil Jackson ran a high-powered offense. it was shut the other team down and let MJ go to work/

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I can't see Jackson wanting to accept a "project". He's a win-now type of coach.
      he's also "I can't physically stand whole game" coach

Give DC a chance I think he's one easily in the top 3 coaches we have had

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Also, I hadn't even read how retarded this post was......Jordan and Pippen were maybe the best defensive wing pair ever. That's the main reason they won. Not because Phil Jackson ran a high-powered offense. it was shut the other team down and let MJ go to work/
        Not to mention MJ was THE best player in NBA history IMO. Phil gets a lot of credit but his history of players is off the charts. Also, truly believe Phil was nothing without Tex Winter. Agree with your physical comparison between Pippen and Gay though. Actually believe Gay scores more easily but Scottie is Top 50 all-time. Not sure Gay is even Top 50 in the current league.
        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          have u read anything on phil Jackson?? there is no way he is coaching any team in a location that is cold again.. not only that, I don't think he will return to coaching at all unless its for a team with a pretty much guaranteed trip to the finals
          He said he's not coaching, again. Besides, if a team is making it to the Finals already, why would the franchise change coaches?
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
            He said he's not coaching, again. Besides, if a team is making it to the Finals already, why would the franchise change coaches?
            Jackson says a lot of things, he said he was definitely not coaching before and then later left the window open when LA was looking for a coach and now says hes def not coaching again.. many people picked LA to win this year and they are on their 3rd coach for the season.. so.. yeah.. but I agree I don't think we will see him coaching ever again

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
              Not to mention MJ was THE best player in NBA history IMO. Phil gets a lot of credit but his history of players is off the charts. Also, truly believe Phil was nothing without Tex Winter. Agree with your physical comparison between Pippen and Gay though. Actually believe Gay scores more easily but Scottie is Top 50 all-time. Not sure Gay is even Top 50 in the current league.
              Yeah, I just focused on the D since he suggested Casey's defensive mindset is a reason he should be replaced. You need a really high level of talent to run the triangle, and then a bunch of really smart role players. We have a lot of young, inexperienced players, and it's questionable if Gay is even a Pippen level talent...probably a better scorer, but Pippen was all over the place. The triangle would likely be a disaster.

Comment

I read this article and I thought of you, tenforthewin....not only does it lack any real insight, the the writer didn't spell Bryan properly from the title through the whole article. (I do agree BC's career is largely the result of nepotism, but what the hell evidence is there that Jerry orchestrated his move to TO, or that he continues to pull strings in TO and the league to keep Bryan in his position?)
                http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/0...rys-coattails/

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA Omg this guy is officially the ultimate troll! you need to win an award for this

Comment

I'm not about to suggest it wasn't crazy, but Scottie Pippen is a fairly good physical comparison for Gay.
                    There's just the whole "game" part that is nothing alike.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I read this article and I thought of you, tenforthewin....not only does it lack any real insight, the the writer didn't spell Bryan properly from the title through the whole article. (I do agree BC's career is largely the result of nepotism, but what the hell evidence is there that Jerry orchestrated his move to TO, or that he continues to pull strings in TO and the league to keep Bryan in his position?)
                      http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/0...rys-coattails/
                      Rant Sports is almost as "legitimate" as Bleacher Report....almost....

Comment

Let's be real PJ will never coach the Raptors unless they have at least 2 superstars and have a chance at the finals.

Comment

Working...
                        X