GT: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors- Keep the loses to minimum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors- Keep the loses to minimum

If the Raps intend to surprise and go to the playoffs or at the very least look attractive to Free agents!

I know its tomorrow but there was some intersteing tweeets:

Josh Lewenberg ‏@JLew1050
    Andrea Bargnani (elbow) will be a game-time decision Wednesday vs Boston. Casey said he had his best/hardest practice this afternoon
    #Raptors Landry Fields (back spasms) was unable to practice this afternoon and will not play Wednesday vs the #Celtics
    Casey on Bargs: "Today was probably the hardest practice he's had. He went through it well. Got some tough rebounds which was good to see"
    #TradeBargnani but it would be great for him to leave Toronto with a boom rather than a wimper. Really excited for tomorrows game.

I was looking at the Raptors remaining schedule for February (10 games) and, if they are serious about a playoff push, there are a lot of potentially winnable games. Anything less than 6-4 would be a disappointment and probably guarantee playoffs are out of sight.

- Boston
    - @ Indiana
    - New Orleans
    - Denver
    - @ NY
    - @ Washington
    - Memphis (welcome back Ed and go get 'em Rudy!)
    - NY
    - Washington
    - @ Cleveland
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Feb 5, 2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I would've assumed that Boston's ripe for the picking....but they're 4-0 since Rondo went down.

They apparently have some vets with championship experience, or something....

Comment

Lots of tweets about Bargnani going the extra mile in practise :O is interesting and ya gotta say I thought losing Rondo and Sullinger would have been curtains for the but The Jet, The Big Ticket and The Truth are good players to hang your hat on.

Milwaukee or Boston we need to fall most likely Milwaukee their schedule is about to turn roller coaster.

Comment

"Well they're better," Rivers said. "They've added a great scorer to a team that could already score, even though they hadn't been scoring much this year. And (Kyle) Lowry, now full-time, they're running a lot more. So, they're really pushing the pace. And that may be because they haven't had a lot of practice, so they don't have anything to run. But now that they have, they're going to be a much better team."
          "I've watched a couple highlights with (Gay) and (DeMar) DeRozan and they seem pretty explosive," said Paul Pierce. "I've seen them put up some numbers... So when you add a talent like Rudy Gay to go along with DeRozan and a healthy Kyle Lowry, and they have some very good young prospects, they could be dangerous."
          http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...w-look-raptors

Comment

Not too early at all. I was thinking of starting the same thing today. The importance of this game in our unidentifiable season can not be overstated. I like the way the new lineup is looking but it's hard to get a read. We looked great against the clips but then the clips went on to lose two more to average or worse teams. We hung in there with the heat but so did the bobcats the next night. We may not be on the same tier as Boston but the standings say we're not that far off. FWIW, Vegas has it as a pick 'em. Time to show where we're at This is a two game swing in the race for 8th. As important a game as there can be......for a 17-31 team

Comment

Even if playoffs are almost out of reach, every game is exciting to watch with Rudy and Demar playing together. Pumped!

Comment

Negative Magic Number: Eleven.

Comment

This is a BIG GAME

Comment

I hate having 2 days off, I need my fix, especially with all the recent excitement

Comment

I can't wait to hear Devlin's go to line "We know what happens at the 100 point threshold, Jack!" No shit Devlin, when we play poor defense, we lose

Comment

I hope this is the game Boston falls apart. Their 4 game win streak has been at home, where the first one against the Heat was the only solid team they beat. THey barely scraped by the Clips who look like crap without Paul. And they beat the weak Kings and Magic. They haven't been good on the road with Rondo, so I hope that gets worse now without him. I don't even necessarily care about us having playoff chances, I just want to see the Celtics destroyed.

Comment

The key to the game is run Celtics cant keep up with thee Raps with Rondo out of the the line up, and close out Jason Terry Lee Barbosa can get hot at a moments notice Rudy Gay vs Paul Pierce will be interesting.

If we get out and run from the get go we can put the Celtics in a bad spot.

Comment

If Bargnani gets to play tomorrow, he better put up some sick numbers off the bench so we can ship him out quick. I don't know what kind of impact he'll have on the team coming back, but it can't be good long-term. I'd say he's going to hurt our defense, but that still hasn't been so great with him out of the game.

Scott.
                            Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              Lots of tweets about Bargnani going the extra mile in practice
                              That's probably the hype machine at work. Gotta get that trade done fast!
                              Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Working...
                              X