No announcement yet.

3-pt dunk: Proposed rule change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about style points also for 360s, between the legs, and the eyes closed dunks? They should consider parking a Kia under both baskets, also. How about the NBA going merging with cirque de soleil? The NBACDS!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      How about style points also for 360s, between the legs, and the eyes closed dunks? They should consider parking a Kia under both baskets, also. How about the NBA going merging with cirque de soleil? The NBACDS!
      LOL. That's getting into the spirit of this thread! So, running with your idea, we can extend the 'style' concept to all scoring in general and use judges for NBA games, like figure skating. I think this definitely benefits the Raps current roster.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        LOL. That's getting into the spirit of this thread! So, running with your idea, we can extend the 'style' concept to all scoring in general and use judges for NBA games, like figure skating. I think this definitely benefits the Raps current roster.
        I like the concept but I am leery of Mikhail Prokhorov importing Russian judges.

Comment

While your at it throw in a 4 point line

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            While your at it throw in a 4 point line
            No, per stretch we are doing away with the concept of points altogether. It's strictly judges from here on in. lol. BTW, where is the 4-pt line? Is that like a dunk from half-court?

Comment

why dont we just forget basketball, add trampolines inside the arc and make tackling allowed?

oh wait...

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

No, per stretch we are doing away with the concept of points altogether. It's strictly judges from here on in. lol. BTW, where is the 4-pt line? Is that like a dunk from half-court?
                Lol idk he'll figure it out. Also throw in a 20 point line to avoid blow outs

Comment

Guys, thx for the comments. Slamball was a brilliant post which pretty much ends the thought.

Actually, in all seriousness, this got me thinking about the real 3-pt line. Should a 24-ft shot really be worth one full point more than a 23-ft shot? I can rationalize that a free throw is only worth 1 point because it's uncontested. But a 3-pointer is simply a matter of where your feet are. And the corner 3 is even shorter. It seems like the 3-point shot has a disproportionate risk/reward and outcome to the game, relative to other things that are going on in the game. Anybody else thought about this?

Comment

I like this, but the free throw line is a bit too far away. Imagine a team down by 3 at the end of a game. You would have to guard both the '3-pt dunk' line and the traditional 3-pt line. So now you would have guys taking off 'kamikaze-style' from the free throw line to try and tie the game with guys waiting for them under the rim. That's action.
                    Haha. now that, would be awesome.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      why dont we just forget basketball, add trampolines inside the arc and make tackling allowed?

oh wait...

damn I miss that shit

Comment

Working...
                      X