No announcement yet.

Preventing Shots After Whistle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cringe every time I see a player land on 1 leg (whether before or after a whistle). Get both feet down, ya dummies!

Comment

AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
      I've noticed this for a while. When play stops the Raptors (mostly Amir) always try to prevent an opponents shot from getting to the hoop. Can anyone explain this to me? Is it to prevent them from gaining confidence from seeing there shot go in? Do other teams do it?
      It started with KG as far as I am aware. But ever since Dwayne Casey came in, Ed Davis began doing it on our team (I think because of DC), then Amir joined in, and now most of the raptors attempt it including Quincy Acy who Ive seen do it multiple times.

I love the attitude it radiates.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        So true. Ed was the king of this for the raptors.

I just wish the the Tony Allen video was mandatory watching in training camp for why not to jump after the whistle

I've heard this argument before as well as the one arguing that KG's knees would be in better shape if he didn't jump for hundreds of shots after the whistle. Personally, I think it's ridiculous. Injuries are going to happen. They're athletes. Should they not practice? Play summer ball? Be pushed around in wheelchairs all day to 'save' their bodies? Maybe teams should ban jumping off the bench to celebrate a teammates dunk. Could be dangerous.
        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

im just worried that with ed gone the habit will be lost

Comment

Rap Attack wrote: View Post
            Amir and Acy will keep it going....maybe even Jonas.

Comment

Rap Attack wrote: View Post
              as far as I remember amir did it first on our team long before ed started doing it.. I know some people have said the opposite but this is just what I remember

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Amir and Acy will keep it going....maybe even Jonas.
                I would love to see Jonas do it. But he seems like a "nice kid". Maybe that is why someone like Butler can strip the ball off him while high fiving

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
                  I would love to see Jonas do it. But he seems like a "nice kid". Maybe that is why someone like Butler can strip the ball off him while high fiving
                  he sure wasn't afraid to give a pretty hard foul to Griffin
                  Last edited by Machine; Wed Feb 6, 2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

IMO, i think its dumb. Might be thinking extremes here but going up for essentially no bearing on the game might even cause a jammed finger or sprained ankle, leg. I'm even thinking that the ref might get annoyed and actually give the offensive player continuation and charge the opponent goal tending. extremes, but who knows.

definitely not strategic coz i dont think it has any effect on the game. definitely not intimidation coz youre essentially preventing a shot that has already been written off.

Comment

Working...
                    X