No announcement yet.

Raptors vs plus .500 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like derozan as part of the core, because all I see is a 1 dimensional player (scorer), with poor shot selection, sure he has improved as a player and I am happy for him, but I always try to keep emotion out of it, he makes too much money for a skill we do not need. If ross ever reaches his potential I think his skillset is more valuable to the team. (elite defender, elite shooter), if we got josh smith, or another all-star stretch 4 (like those grow on trees) I would be a lot happier. Derozan is more than adequate until/if ross develops, but I question whether there will be an oppurtunity to ship him along with bargnani for that stretch 4 that we need to be elite.

Our bench is not good enough to hold a lead also.

It's just basketball, it's just entertainment, so whatever, I might as well enjoy what we got.
    Last edited by akashsingh; Sat Feb 23, 2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      After starting the year 1-17 vs. plus .500 teams (I think that is right, someone can correct me if wrong), the Raptors are now 2-2 vs. plus .500 teams since Gay's donning of Raptor gear.

Breaking down the games, we see:

LAC: blowout win.
      MIA: 3 point game with 4 mins left.... let us forget the rest.
      BOS: 4 point loss.
      IND: tough OT, 2 point win.
      update:2 wins v knicks 4-2

PS rudy gay is a nice player but he is not *that* good. Punting Calderon was huge. IE they dont win the washington game if Jose is trying to match up with John Wall.
      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
        update:2 wins v knicks 4-2

PS rudy gay is a nice player but he is not *that* good. Punting Calderon was huge. IE they dont win the washington game if Jose is trying to match up with John Wall.
        It is 6-3 vs plus .500 with Gay.

Comment

I dont think you can take a loss to the Miami Heat that badly... that team is a nightmare to defend, they can dump buckets on you at a moments notice dont get that twisted, and I should say Raps making playoffs and going against the Heat is a huge confidence builder, even if they get swept it means they made it and the core is good enough to do it, turning the season around like they did already after a 4-19 start is also something to be very proud of, but making the playoffs is huge!

Comment

Working...
          X