22-9 or 21-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22-9 or 21-10

I'm still thinking playoffs believe it or not. If the Raps finish the season 22-9 or 21-10 i think they make the playoffs.

Looking at their schedules, most of these games are winnable. And if look at the way they've played since acquiring Rudy Gay, they've been really good. Not to mention they're healthy now.

Since acquiring Gay, Raps have defeated 2 great teams in LAC and Indiana. They almost beat the hottest team in the NBA right now in Boston. A game that they should've won. I think the Raps can go on a little run here.
    Mamba Mentality

I think it's as likely as it is unlikely. Well, maybe a little less.

Comment

21-10 equals a .677 winning percentage. There are only four teams in the league playing at that pace:

Miami
      San Antonio
      Oklahoma City
      LA Clippers

As good as the Raptors have looked since Gay arrived, they won't be playing at a championship-calibre pace to end the season.

Don't get your hopes up. Catching lightning in a bottle is pretty damn hard

Comment

You never know though. I remember the 2002 team. VC got injured and was out for the season but the team won 12 of their last 14 games without him to sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Missing the playoffs = Pick comes back, OKC receives a bad, low pick in the lottery, in a low talent draft. Management has the extended period to overlook the players, roster, and make decisions on behalf of the GM.

Making the playoffs = Winning environment, and experience for the roster. Team on the rise again, world-wide coverage.

Positives however way we look at it.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            You never know though. I remember the 2002 team. VC got injured and was out for the season but the team won 12 of their last 14 games without him to sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed.
            I'm not saying it's impossible. Just saying that it's happened once in 17 years. I think I'll play the odds on this one.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Missing the playoffs = Pick comes back, OKC receives a bad, low pick in the lottery, in a low talent draft. Management has the extended period to overlook the players, roster, and make decisions on behalf of the GM.

Making the playoffs = Winning environment, and experience for the roster. Team on the rise again, world-wide coverage.

Positives however way we look at it.
              You're definitely a glass half full guy.

Comment

I think the best Toronto could realistically do is about 37 wins (18-13). That's not going to get them in without a lot of help. They'd need one of Boston, Milwaukee, or Atlanta to crash hard between now and the end of the season. The way Boston's been playing, it's unlikely they play much worse than .500 the rest of the way. Milwaukee has been on a .43% winning percentage since January, which would put them on pace for 38 wins if it held through the end of the season (but that was a very road-heavy stretch for them, it's unlikely it lasts). Atlanta's fortunes are probably determined by what happens with Smith. If they keep him until the end of the season, they probably don't drop below .500. If they trade him for a picks/prospects heavy package, they might drop down towards the 38 win realm.

Comment

I want to be optimistic as well.. but Detroit is doing really well with Jose and so not only would Toronto have to beat Detroit, they'd have to out pace Philly (who still doesn't have Bynum) and Boston (who have a tonne of experience). That's a huge hill to climb.

And that Clips team is not the same Clips without Paul.

If the Raptors blew out Indiana and beat either Boston or Miami then I'd feel your optimism but that didn't happen.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Don't get your hopes up. Catching lightning in a bottle is pretty damn hard
                    My brother has a friend that knows a guy whose brother does that all the time. True story brah
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The Raptors making the playoffs requires either Atlanta, or Milwaukee or both blowing up their teams. Which there is every indication of that happening since both are stuck in mediocre land with no hopes of buying their way out of it.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Boston is also an injury away from the lottery. If anything happens to Pierce or Garnet look out

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...r-playoff-push

In the above thread I was at 30-70; now I would be 15-85.

Those two 20-point blow lead losses to Philly and Milwaukee hurt.... not to mention the Atlanta game... oh and the post Gay Celtic loss. Those are the 4 teams the Raps are battling and having 23 wins right now versus 19 would make it more like 85-15 in my opinion..... but shoulda/coulda/woulda is for suckers.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            My brother has a friend that knows a guy whose brother does that all the time. True story brah
                            His name is Bryan Colangelo (or so he'll have us believe....)

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                              You're definitely a glass half full guy.
                              Yes, yes I am.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X