No announcement yet.

22-9 or 21-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other thing to point out, beyond what's been said already, is this: the Raps go back on the road in March 9 times. The schedule isn't actually that bad the rest of the way but they see the Knicks 4 times and Chicago, Boston and ATL twice each.

Realistically looking at this roster and that schedule, just can't see them playing elite basketball over that stretch, which is what would be required.

Comment

The next 2 games we gotta take one of them, I believe we can beat Denver we pretty much beat them last time but Calderon had to come in and have 7 turnovers.... New York is another story.

Comment

I'd rather not make the playoffs this year and give up our pick so that we have it next year and can possibly use it for a trade if needed. We make the playoffs this year and all we get is a sweep by the Heat.then we'll pick outside the lottery in a weak draft and have to give up our pick for next years much stronger draft.

Comment

Well on the plus side; Kenny Smith from TNT thinks the raps have a better shot at sneaking into the playoffs than the Lakers.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Missing the playoffs = Pick comes back, OKC receives a bad, low pick in the lottery, in a low talent draft. Management has the extended period to overlook the players, roster, and make decisions on behalf of the GM.

Making the playoffs = Winning environment, and experience for the roster. Team on the rise again, world-wide coverage.

Positives however way we look at it.
            Another season where winning isn't the #1 priority and nothing matters. Woohoo.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
              Well on the plus side; Kenny Smith from TNT thinks the raps have a better shot at sneaking into the playoffs than the Lakers.
              Do you put weight into his opinion? just curious

Comment

I think the only real shot the Raps have is if other teams fall apart. Boston and Milwaukee are 7-8 right now.
                - Boston is hot right now, but it's still hard to imagine them really keeping up any impressive pace, or any team being scared of them in the playoffs without Rondo. I'd say they make the playoffs as is, but if Ainge gets triggerhappy, who knows.
                -Milwaukee is still inconsistent and has dropped to the 8 seed. 3-game losing streak.
                - Philly has stayed at 5-6 games under .500 for awhile now, and I don't know if they'll really finish the season strong. I doubt Bynum has too much of an impact for the first month he's back, if he comes back.
                - Detroit is actually playing fairly well since the trade. But it would maybe be even more miraculous for them to make it in, given how little talent they have to carry them. WIth Drummond down, they're thin up front, they have no quality wings, so it's basically all on Monroe, Knight and Jose.

I don't think the Raps will win 40 or 41 games, so to have a real chance, they need 3 of these teams to finish some games below .500.

Comment

Not really, doesn't matter what any of the talking heads believe, but I always find it interesting when mainstream American commentators have positive thought on the raps... that being said, does his opinion mean he has faith in the Raptors, or just absolutely no faith in the Lakers.

But regarding the Raptors' playoff chances, I'm definitely cheering for some teams to blow it (looking at you Hawks, Bucks, Celtics... maybe even the Nets) but more importantly, the Raptors need to have AT LEAST 39 wins to be in the conversation for #8... and even that probably doesn't do it. Needless to say, the Raptors need to take care of business, can't count on other teams doing them any favours.
                  Last edited by AJ360; Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Playoffs odds by Hollinger's formula (10.5% chance for the Raptors):

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Comment

Hollingers the moron who fucked up the grizzlies. I don't listen to anything he says

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Hollingers the moron who fucked up the grizzlies. I don't listen to anything he says
                        No, Hollinger is the guy who was so good at his job at ESPN that he got hired by the Grizzlies and tripled or quadrupled his salary (pure conjecture) in the process.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Playoffs odds by Hollinger's formula (10.5% chance for the Raptors):

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds
                          Sounds about right

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                            No, Hollinger is the guy who was so good at his job at ESPN that he got hired by the Grizzlies and tripled or quadrupled his salary (pure conjecture) in the process.
                            I don't give a fuck how much he makes. He was behind all this advanced stats bs that made Memphis do these retarded trades to cripple their franchise. They aren't even titles contenders anymore. ESPN is full of queers anyway, I never go on ESPN, it is extremely biased and just plain stupid.

Comment

Hollinger, like him or not, is going to be a GM someday. Maybe he'll succeed BC.......

Comment

Bucks have been on a slide lately, next time we play them will no doubt be huge, they recently added another L to Washington who has been on a W streak themselves lately I guess Jon Wall does make a big difference. Bostn just lost to Bobcats and lost Barbosa due to leg injury tonight. The Time is now.

Comment

Working...
                                X