No announcement yet.

22-9 or 21-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Rudy Gay for MVP if we manage to make a playoffs? At least it worth a consideration, and Sheridanhoops have already added him in #10 place on the MVP candidates list
    Last edited by japetas; Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:43 AM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Back to the original thread, and not Hollinger.

We are 4-2 since Gay trade, all wins against solid teams (Clippers, Indiana, New Orleans, Denver), losses against teams we could have beaten (Boston, Miami).

Says a lot about what Gay has done for this team. Miles more than Ed and Jose has done. Changed the team dynamics, added leadership, and brought - the key thing in my opinion - talent.
      In the NBA, you can have the best bench in the world and the 5 best supporting cast guys ever. If the opponent has the best player, you are screwed. Jose is a real solid player and Davis is fine but they are supporting cast members. I would trade 4 of those guys to get a #1 or #2 option.

It's the one thing I don't think that the advanced analytics have figured out yet for basketball. You can measure the box score stats and try to isolate individual plays but the impact that elite guys have on the game goes beyond individual plays into how they distort the game and affect the way the other team approaches the game.

Comment

@Reuben I wouldnt Call the Pelicans a good team but ya If we didnt have Gay Im pretty sure Raps would have fumbled that game.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Yup. Add talent, and let the pieces fall into place (instead of worrying about assist to turnover ratios, lol).
          Lowry > Jose. Been playing at least NEAR the guy we had hoped for during the beginning of the season.

slaw wrote: View Post
          In the NBA, you can have the best bench in the world and the 5 best supporting cast guys ever. If the opponent has the best player, you are screwed. Jose is a real solid player and Davis is fine but they are supporting cast members. I would trade 4 of those guys to get a #1 or #2 option.

It's the one thing I don't think that the advanced analytics have figured out yet for basketball. You can measure the box score stats and try to isolate individual plays but the impact that elite guys have on the game goes beyond individual plays into how they distort the game and affect the way the other team approaches the game.
          That's why. Stats don't lie, but neither do they tell the whole story. There's just so much more to basketball than statistics.. The roster, the system, the coach, the distractions, the fans, etc, etc, AND etc. Toronto easily won this trade, for the near future, and the long term.

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          @Reuben I wouldnt Call the Pelicans a good team but ya If we didnt have Gay Im pretty sure Raps would have fumbled that game.
          New Orleans HornetsaPelicans has really good raw, young talent. Their record doesn't prove it, but they've been able to beat and challenge some solid teams this season. Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon, Grevis Vazquez, Austin Rivers, Ryan Anderson. This team will be great in the future.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

6 games back of the 8th spot with 29 games left to play.

If the Raps finish the season 19-10 there's a good chance they might sneak in.

PS: Raps are 17-13 the last 30 games.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              6 games back of the 8th spot with 29 games left to play.

If the Raps finish the season 19-10 there's a good chance they might sneak in.

PS: Raps are 17-13 the last 30 games.
              Fairly easy schedule to finish off, too. Bunch of games against Charlotte, Detroit, Washington..also 2 against Milwaukee, we would need to win both of those.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Again I want to add last 5 games aare no joke. Call me the blind optimist but I do think the Raps can make it, they have the underdogs mentality and are playing very inspired, cause as a whole the team is playing with a lot more tenacity and grit.

Big day when we see Knicks again on the 22nd and hopefully beating the Grizzlies for Rudy Gay to lift his spirits (put his old team behind him kind of thing.

Comment

I think they could go 21-10. Then get their asses handed to them by Miami.

If the knicks stay in 2nd in the conference, we have a series.

Comment

If (that's a big '"if", I know....) the Raptors squeeze into the 8th seed, I could actually see them winning one of the 2 home games.

Heat in 5, lol

Comment

My prediction based on the schedule:
                      16 wins
                      11 losses

Currently:
                      Home Record 14-13 - 12 games to play
                      Road Record 7-19 - 15 games to play

We have 3 games vs the Knicks - I gave us 1 of the 3 (home game), but don't see them winning 2 of 3 (2 on the road).

Both games vs Milwaukee are on the road after playing the night before (vs Pacers and T-Wolves). I gave us the wins, but those aren't easy games at all.

We have 5 back-back sets with the second games being Memphis, @ Milwaukee, @ NYK (home and away set), @ Milwaukee, Boston. The Boston one is the final game of the season.

Last week: Bkn, Atl, Bos - depending on play-off seeds, these games could be "rest" games for the other teams. Plus if Atlanta trades Josh Smith then who knows what their team will be like.

Tough road games of: GSW, LAL, Bos, Min, Chi, NYK
                      Teams we 100% should beat: Washington 4 games, Cleveland 2 games, Detroit 2 games (Jose factor in full-effect).

2/19 @Wash W
                      2/20 Mem L
                      2/22 NYK L
                      2/25 Was W
                      2/27 @Cle W
                      3/01 Ind L
                      3/02 @Mil W
                      3/04 @GSW L
                      3/06 @ Phx W
                      3/08 @ LAL L
                      3/10 Cle W
                      3/13 @ Bos L
                      3/15 @ Cha W
                      3/22 NYK W
                      3/23 @NYK L
                      3/27 Atl W
                      3/29 @ Det W
                      3/31 @ Was W
                      4/01 Det W
                      4/03 Was W
                      4/05 @ Min L
                      4/06 @ Mil W
                      4/09 @ Chi L
                      4/12 Chi L
                      4/14 Bkn W
                      4/16 @Atl L
                      4/17 Bos W

At the end of it, we will finish 10th in the East and give up a late lottery pick to OKC but will have high hopes for the future.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If we win BOTH against Milwaukee that represents a four game swing no? So really we just need to play 500 basketball +3 wins and take both games to be 8th seed
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Milwaukee's schedule. I predict 14 wins 17 losses. Raps don't make up the difference. (B2B means back-to-back 2nd game).

Bkn L
                          @Bkn B2B L
                          ATL W
                          @DAL W
                          @HOU B2B L
                          TOR L
                          UTA L
                          @LAC L
                          @GSW L
                          @SAC B2B W
                          Dal W
                          @WAS B2B W
                          Mia L
                          Orl W
                          Por W
                          @ATL B2B L
                          @IND L
                          Atl W
                          @PHI W
                          LAL B2B - L
                          OKC - L
                          CHA W
                          MIN L
                          @NYK L
                          TOR L
                          @MIA L
                          @Orl B2B W
                          @Atl L
                          @Cha B2B W
                          Den W
                          @OKC W
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            If we win BOTH against Milwaukee that represents a four game swing no? So really we just need to play 500 basketball +3 wins and take both games to be 8th seed
                            Keen observation.

Comment

26 games left. If the Raps finish the season 17-11 they'll be in the playoffs. Looking at the sked, not gonna be easy but VERY doable.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Beat the knicks twice
                                Blew out the Clippers
                                Beat the Nuggets
                                Beat the Pelicans
                                Beat the Wizards
                                Beat the Pacers

We have a serious team on our hands!
                                Losing to Boston, Miami, and Memphis? Thats acceptable!

7-3 since Rudy came to town!
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X