GT Nuggets vs Raptors: 1st difficult game of a difficult back to back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Nuggets vs Raptors: 1st difficult game of a difficult back to back

Seriously Playing the high octane run up and down the floor Nuggets team then facing the sharpshooting Knicks the night after? Not easy this is the home game so I like our chances, last time Lowry owned Ty Lawson and got everything he wanted off him so he has to show up tonight. Denver is a good team but they have a lot of knuckleheads and bad ft shooters which worked in our favor last time. When Lucas steps into play tonight which one will we see? against the Pelicans he lit it up 5-5 from distance lets hope he kept that hand in the toaster oven and can deliver something again tonight.

Strategies to expect?

-Give the ball to Rudy Gay
    -Hack-a- Mcgee
    -lots of Zone

Seriously of the 2 games today and tomorrow, this is the more winnable, even if we do match up pretty well against New York, its good to go 1-1 even better to go 2-0.

Game notes

-Casey is worried the enthusiasm over the dunk contest is making Ross forget his game "We need his shooting and defense on the wings, I fear he has been practising his dunks too much. I understand that it is important for a young guy like him however."

-Bargnani didnt practise at all last yyesterday flu still pretty bad gametime decision tonight

Toronto needs this game badly. Close loss in overtime or blowout by halftime is moot as a loss is a loss. RAPS need wins against good teams. Beating the likes of Washington, New Orleans, Charlotte etc will not be enough for a real playoff push.

Wins in these 2 games will make it a win streak of 4. Win 1 or none and the season is...wait for it...

...done.
    Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Denver is a beatable team if you play your game.

The problem is, we play kind of like a cheap version of Denver right now....

hopefully we can play the way we did in Indiana because that's how to beat this team

Key tonight: Rudy's been playing 40+ minutes a night. If the game gets out of hand, get him out early bc he needs to guard melo tomorrow night.

Believe it or not, the knicks are a much more beatable team than denver, even on the road. You stop melo and jr smith on the perimeter, you're pretty much good. we need to be rested

Comment

Gay has to be play well tonight to expect a win. Same goes for DeMar & Lowry but on a slightly lower level. We will also need JV to be as good and energetic as in previous two games.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
          Gay has to be play well tonight to expect a win. Same goes for DeMar & Lowry but on a slightly lower level. We will also need JV to be as good and energetic as in previous two games.
          This statement pretty much applies to the rest of the season. If the Raptors want any part of a playoff race, their studs need to consistently play like studs.

Comment

It never seizes to amaze me, regarding the expectations we have of this team. Denver is a good team, they are 33-19, in the west.

I want to win, I feel we can win, but I get the feeling that fans think our shit don't stink.

Comment

It's going to be really difficult to stop Denver.

Lowry makes a fair sum of turnovers and Denver will setup the running game on each and every one we have tonight.

The Nuggets no longer have the home court advantage so that's good.

The 2 players that we need to perform at a high level tonight are:

Landry Fields
              Alan Anderson

They are our 'best' defenders? non'?

Kyle, Rudy and Demar will REALLY need to focus on their ball handling and the double teams.

I'm not so worried about the front court. In fact they may win us the game.

If Jonas, Aaron, Andrea and Amir can pound the rock, we have a chance to win tonight.
              Last edited by drunkmunky; Tue Feb 12, 2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                Gay has already played them three times this year. Putting 20.7 Pts on .500 %FG 4.3 Rebs 1.7 Ast
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is there a team playing better than the Nuggets right now?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...tle-contenders
                  Last edited by stretch; Tue Feb 12, 2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

While the Nuggets are good, they are actually 5 games under 500. on the road. Road games are their achilles heel

Comment

The good news is that both Gallo and Iggy are out for tonight...always helpful when the opposition is missing both of its starting wings.
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                        The good news is that both Gallo and Iggy are out for tonight...always helpful when the opposition is missing both of its starting wings.
                        This just became a must win for the raptors.

Comment

ouch, if we lose now, its like salt on our wounds.

Comment

link please? I need a confirmation.

Comment

Good evening G & D (Rudy & DeMar)... your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Comment

Working...
                              X