Jack Armstrong getting on my nerves lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    but Devlin is just as intelligent, interacts just as well, and I just prefer his voice over Chuck's.
    R u for real?! Intelligent?? Every game there are numerous mistakes... every game!

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
      R u for real?! Intelligent?? Every game there are numerous mistakes... every game!
      At least we agree on something vino

Seriously, I just assume that Devlin is an alcoholic or something...he often seems out of sync and confused

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
        I can't complain about our commentators after listening to two seconds of the clippers crew..
        No way dude. Clippers and Knicks have two of best broadcasting crew in the country.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

jack got on my nerves way back!! like VC era..too bad the Swirsk had family matters in Chicago, hes by far my fav. raptors broadcaster.. Devlin should be doing curling broadcasts!! hes just as boring as a curling match.... Id take Jack over Leo everyday of the week though... Leo is by far the worst of the bunch..keeps repeating the same crap for 10 years!!!! Yes we know a block is better if kept in play! youve only been telling us for 10 years!!!

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            No way dude. Clippers and Knicks have two of best broadcasting crew in the country.
            Mike Breen is the real deal.

Comment

compared to other regional broadcast teams, ours is actually not bad at all, despite how annoying they can get..

i watched the miami broadcast of the last raps game against them... they actually said "the miami bigs crowding the paint"... AFTER Toronto got a rebound and were already halfway up the court.

Comment

nilanka wrote: View Post
                mike breen is the real deal.
                bang!
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I like Mike Breen. I have no idea how you could stand the clippers' goofs though. Didn't they get suspended for saying Haddadi was Borats brother?
                    Last edited by wallz; Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                      I like Jack, hate Leo.

Miami's commentators are THE very best in the league for non-nationally televised games. i.e. TNT, ESPN.
                      I agree with you about the Jack and Leo part. But I think that the Heat's colour guy is the worst thing commentator I have ever heard. That Tony guy has no enthusiasm, lacks knowledge (or at least doesn't share it), terrible voice, and seemingly no chemistry with anything that breathes. First time I heard him I was shocked at how he got the job. Their play by play guy is fantastic and could well be the best in the league, but the colour guy.....Wow he is terrible.

Comment

LOL,

I guess there will be little consensus. I like Devlin for instance, the mistakes don't bother me, think he has a sharp sense of humour also I get the feeling he is real, unlike Chuck who put on a persona.

So I guess every on air personality has their demographics, kind of like a boy band. You get a diverse crew, and someone will find one of them endearing, and make the other their villain.

As for leo, I do a lot of eye rolling after his remarks, but I don't hate him because he is one of our own, and does a lot for basketball in this country.
                        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                          LOL,

I guess there will be little consensus. I like Devlin for instance, the mistakes don't bother me, think he has a sharp sense of humour also I get the feeling he is real, unlike Chuck who put on a persona.

So I guess every on air personality has their demographics, kind of like a boy band. You get a diverse crew, and someone will find one of them endearing, and make the other their villain.
                          100% agree with the bolded part... little wonder why there's an announcer thread popping up every couple months!

Comment

cause we are winning, and need to have some light conversation

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              I like Mike Breen. I have no idea how you could stand the clippers' goofs though. Didn't they get suspended for saying Haddadi was Borats brother?
                              They did? That's pretty damn hilarious.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                They did? That's pretty damn hilarious.

Yup, It was pretty funny though

Comment

Working...
                                X