Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT Raptors Vs Knickerbockers: Tough game before a long but hopefully exciting break.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Raptors Vs Knickerbockers: Tough game before a long but hopefully exciting break.

After a hard fought game against Denver saved agan by Rudy Gay heroics, Solid DeRozan play and the hot shooting of JL3 we got a W. That Denver game exposed the Raptors weakness to the league poor interior D and bad Rebounding the out hustled us in the paint last night, anyon have a # of offensive Boards Denver got and tip ins? dam!

Oh well tonight we have a more favorable match up. The rpas can beat the Knicks who are a pretty small team save Chandler down low. Rebounding for NY dies when Chandler sits with Camby injured they get outrebounded every game, but the biggest weapon they employ is the 3 point shot they lead the league in attempts and makes averaging 8+ made a night.

Knicks play a very small backcourt of revolving door defenders in 2 PG Kidd and Felton, hopefully Raps can abuse them withh DeMar and Lowry going at them all night neither of them should be able to stop DeMar in fact. Rudy Gay will be guarding JR Smith and Melo, not much of a game plan for Melo he is going to get his points no problem to qoute Shaq "We are going to do what we can to slow you down but by the time you get your 30+ we would have already shut everyone else down and won the game"True Carmelo you can only hope to slow down cant let him get rhythm right out of the gate.

Notes

-Take advantage of the Knicks Backcourt via DeMar post ups and Kyle Kidd and elton cant deal with that.
    -Take care of the boards Knicks are a horrible rebounding team without Chandler
    -Knicks take a lot of 3s close out and limit it the best they can
    -Amare has been shooting 60% lately since his return he will likely get his shots in but he doesnt do much offensively
    -Expect trouble when Melo goes to the 4 you can only hope to slow him down he is going to score and he plays rather good D now he is a player in a ring hunt.
    -JR Smith can get hot Anderson and Gay have their jobs lined of for them tonight no doubt
    -Bargnani is still sick but should be effective tonight against NY second unit.

As good as the Knicks are they are very beatable for the Raps if they can exploit the holes in that team. I predict a W before Allstar break regardless should be a good watch.

Landry just proposed to his gf lets hope thats good luck. Congrats Landry!!!

Landry Fields ‏@landryfields
    Couldn't be happier!! Marrying the woman of my dreams!! God is SO good!

Comment

One thing is equalized...wasn't sure for NY, but this is their last game before the break as well. As is said, the game before all-star break is often a bit of a letdown for teams. I'm hoping it will be more a factor for NY...

Comment

Gay should play better tonight. Only played 25 minutes last night due to foul trouble, so he shouldn't be as tired. Looking forward to this game. Much like the Miami and Boston game, this game will seriously show us where we stand in the Eastern Conference this season.

Comment

Raps have been strangely decent on back to backs. I'm expecting them to come out with energy tonight

Comment

I predict a big game for JV, DD, Rudy.

Bargs seems to play good in the lowlights of MSG, who knows we might even get an inspired Landry tonight.

Hopefully we win outright and close it out well, go on a big run in the 4th. Now if DeMar can do what he did to Mozgov but on Chandler.......one can only hope lol
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
              I predict a big game for JV, DD, Rudy.

Bargs seems to play good in the lowlights of MSG, who knows we might even get an inspired Landry tonight.

Hopefully we win outright and close it out well, go on a big run in the 4th. Now if DeMar can do what he did to Mozgov but on Chandler.......one can only hope lol
              I was actually thinking the same thing. He's had some good games against NYK, especially against Amare, who plays defense as well as Bargnani! Hopefully he's over his sickness and has his legs back - he should have skipped last night, since he wasn't recovered enough to be useful.

I'm quite excited for the Gay/Melo matchup, should be explosive! This could be one of those games when the team that remembers to play defense first wins!

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                Now if DeMar can do what he did to Mozgov but on Chandler.......one can only hope lol
                Oh god yes

Comment

I think Demar will have a good game. Bargs will either compliment well today, or be total trash.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    I think Demar will have a good game. Bargs will either compliment well today, or be total trash.
                    Sounds about right

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I was actually thinking the same thing. He's had some good games against NYK, especially against Amare, who plays defense as well as Bargnani! Hopefully he's over his sickness and has his legs back - he should have skipped last night, since he wasn't recovered enough to be useful.

I'm quite excited for the Gay/Melo matchup, should be explosive! This could be one of those games when the team that remembers to play defense first wins!
                      Like last night's game
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

cathalkelly ‏@cathalkelly
                        Andrea Bargnani is sitting courtside at MSG, deep in conversation with his agent, Leon Rose. #Raptors

Take this as you will everyone else is shooting around except Bargs

Comment

im not expecting a win here

Comment

RaptorsMR ‏@RaptorsMR

Change in starting lineup vs. NYK: Fields in for Johnson. Lowry, DeRozan, Gay, Fields and Valanciunas. #Raptors
                            Amir matching up with Amar'e off the bench..... or an engagement present for Landry!

Comment

The Knicks go really small so there's no match up for Johnson really in the starting line up.

Comment

Working...
                              X