Alan Anderson = Anthony Parker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

footarez wrote: View Post
    I am not saying Parker was perfect but if you don't see how better Parker was in 2006 for example compared to Anderson now (around the same age I guess) - sure ,homer it is
    Have to agree. Parker had better court vision, was a better defender (though Anderson is one of the better Raps defenders of the last few years) and had better shot selection. He definitely didn't slash tot he basket as much, but maybe he didn't have to. His shot was more consistent.

Comment

The only similarity they have is they played for Maccabi Tel Aviv. In terms of their game, Alan Anderson brings more nasty while Anthony Parker has a calming effect.

If Alan Anderson had the same discipline as Anthony Parker, with his ball skills, he's a legitimate rotation player and he can even start for some teams. I believe Anderson has better ball skills than each Raptor player except for Gay. He's slightly ahead of Lowry for me because he has size for his position where as Lowry is short.

He's the only guy besides Gay who can break his man down off the bounce and go either way.
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I see the comparison but I don't love it. People forget how good Parker was at coming off screens and knocking down a shot. He was a much better passer and definitely a better spot-up shooter. Both of them play pretty good D though.

Anderson is a better shot creator, trash talker, disappointed face maker and that's about it.

Also worth noting: How is every player in the league still getting cooked off that little shimmy shake Anderson does? He goes right every single time but defenders are still jumping outta his way on that move.
        read my intelligent tweets

Comment

ryley_b wrote: View Post
          I see the comparison but I don't love it. People forget how good Parker was at coming off screens and knocking down a shot. He was a much better passer and definitely a better spot-up shooter. Both of them play pretty good D though.

Anderson is a better shot creator, trash talker, disappointed face maker and that's about it.

Also worth noting: How is every player in the league still getting cooked off that little shimmy shake Anderson does? He goes right every single time but defenders are still jumping outta his way on that move.
          I know! He doesn't look quick at all, but blows by guys like he's LBJ. I'm guessing with all the better defenders on Gay and Demar, the subpar defenders just can't handle him

Comment

ryley_b wrote: View Post
            Probably because a scouting report doesn't exist for Anderson. Nobody knows who he is....

Comment

Working...
            X