Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    lol, I was actually serious.

It shouldn't matter that Pierce has been there a million times before. The only thing anyone should be judging him on is this season.
    hahaha yes i misread that.

Comment

ASG appearances aren't a criteria, no... but every time there are players up for induction, inevitably, their number of appearances gets mentioned as a point in their favour if they made a bunch. Obviously, you have to do other things, but my point was just... that kind of reasoning has nothing to do with the current season of basketball and you're indirectly punishing a guy for being really good. The ASG has shifted to having more to do with marketing and flash and less to do with substance it just dilutes the value of making it. You don't make it on just merit anymore; you have to have be popular and flashy.

Comment

I cannot see Gay being considered, at all. He's work in memphis would have to be taken under consideration and he was having his worst season statistically.

I don't think he deserves to go, and would be horribly shocked if he did. However, if the raps play well next year and are the 6th seed or higher than I can see him getting serious consideration. BUT this year? Not a chance.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

no chance

stern usually picks based on players people want to see...Gay is not one of them

Comment

If all we're basing this on is "excitement", then Terrence Ross would be a better choice than either Gay or Pierce :|
            Ross is no where close to Gay when it comes to excitement if your talking about watching an actual game. In fact, if he isn't on a fast break, Ross is pretty depressing to watch as of late.

Comment

Pierce has a pinched nerve in his neck so maybe hed prefer to rest over the break..Rudy would be the logical next choice but with the way the AS game chooses players it could easy be asumed that the repacement could come from any position really..i wont hold my breath..Rudy has to be there next season though.

Comment

Macc wrote: View Post
                Ross is no where close to Gay when it comes to excitement if your talking about watching an actual game. In fact, if he isn't on a fast break, Ross is pretty depressing to watch as of late.
                The allstar game is nothing but fast breaks....

Comment

Rudy Gay is not a possibility for the ASG. Thread Closed
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    Rudy Gay is not a possibility for the ASG. Thread Closed
                    Ooooohhhh the super moderator has spoken!!! close this thread immediately!!!!!

NOT!

Why isnt he a possibility?

Comment

because I said so. NOW CLEAN YOUR ROOM!
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        because I said so. NOW CLEAN YOUR ROOM!
                        FUCK YOU DAD!!!!

Do i look like Ryan's mom??

hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI - 3:30 mark

Comment

Wasn't it a Rudy Gay elbow that caused Melo's injury? The optics aren't great for Rudy's selection.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                            Wasn't it a Rudy Gay elbow that caused Melo's injury? The optics aren't great for Rudy's selection.
                            I read somewhere it was DeRozan's elbow....

Comment

Carmelo just confirmed he"s playing.

Comment

I read somewhere it was DeRozan's elbow....
                                It was.

Comment

Working...
                                X