Short Term Pain for Long Term Gain - TO-DAL-WAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Term Pain for Long Term Gain - TO-DAL-WAS

It's getting harder and harder to find a willing trading partner for Bargnani so this is my thinking.....yes we are taking on huge contracts next year but will be a great position to make some moves late next year with $22M in expiring between Okafor & Ariza.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=ah6vdht

Toronto in : Okafor (c) , Ariza (sf) , Seraphin (pf), Price (pg)
    Toronto out : Bargnani , Kleiza , Gray , Lucas , Acy
    Why? The obvious answer is to rid us of Bargnani and Kleiza , we receive a serviceable bug in Okafor who is still bringing in 9pt,9rb as well as a back up point guard in Price and a possible solution to our PF situation in Seraphin at least in the short term. YEs we are taking on huge money but when you consider we are getting 4 players who could play in the team dynamics compared to Bargs , Kleiza , Gray , Acy and Lucas and only cost us 4 million more then I say it may be the best deal , would rather have this and have the trade chips of the expiring contracts next year than bring in Boozer.

Dallas in: Bargnani , Kleiza
    Dallas out : Kaman , Jones , James
    Why? Dallas has said they would be willing to spend money and they may look at this as a pretty cheap chance at moulding Bargnani into a Nowitzki Lite , they basically give up nothing in the trade so why not?

Washington in : Gray , Lucas , Acy , Kaman , Jones , James
    Washington out : Okafor , Ariza , Seraphin , Price
    Why? Can you say 22M in salary savings next year as well as a big TPE in the trade. They give up some veteran presence with Ariza and Okafor but going into the summer they could cash in on a FA PF or C depending oh how they want to go . the players that they receive back in this trade are all basically trade fodder to get the salaries down.

With the added players for this year we try and make a run and see how we finish and next year , with no draft picks we will have to fill the holes with veteran min contracts but at this point I think that is all we were going to be able to do anyway.

After the trade we look like this

Lowry / Price
    DeRozan / Ross / Anderson
    Gay / Ariza / Fields
    Amir / Seraphin
    JV / Okafor

Is it the ideal option? no but its an option that rids us of Bargs a few serviceable players back so its not all bad but you be the judge......

i wish people stopped including trade scenarios that involve Kleiza. I find it hard to believe anyone would take him on. The only way possible is if they have some kind of assurance they can trust that he is not going to pick up his player option.

Comment

Just don't trade bargnani yet if no one wants him.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        agreed. if were getting nothing back for him, no point in trading him. keep bringing him off the bench in hopes that he plays well and increases his trade value. if he doesn't just keep him on the bench (and casey has shown he willing to do it in the knicks game).

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
          Obviously he could have value but just not right now. Let him show he can have value coming off the bench because that will be his role on a contender!
          Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

This might actually work. If Bargs does not "pick it up" glue his but to the bench.
            He has got to have some pride/ego and work harder in which case he either helps us or becomes a genuine trade asset.

Comment

Working...
            X