John Lucas

To Mil:
    Darren Collison
    Alan Anderson

To Tor:
    O.J. Mayo
    Roddy Beaubois
    Jae Crowder

In Dallas, they get two young back court players who are already friends and who can lead the next generation of Mavs. I am assuming that Mil can't bring Jennings back due to 'irreconcilable differences' and will be able to keep Collison on a reasonable deal.

For the Raps, they get a better fit in the back court with Gay and Lowry as Mayo is a better shooter than Derozan, and we get a backup pg in Roddy who knows Coach Casey's D system. And we get a hustle player in Crowder for some wing depth.

This also reduces our Cap hit next year as Derozan is set for a raise and Mayo will be making about half of what DD will be. Which gives us room to Trade Bargs for a player like Boozer who has a bad contract (but is still a very capable 4) or for a player like Millsap who will be getting a raise in the offseason or for someone else altogether (Big Al? J-Smooth? Pau?)

I like this, but doesn't look like $ would work, especially with the way DD's contract is calculated this year.

Comment

Goalie23 wrote: View Post
      To Dal:
      Demar Derozan
      Brandon Jennings
      John Lucas

To Mil:
      Darren Collison
      Alan Anderson

To Tor:
      O.J. Mayo
      Roddy Beaubois
      Jae Crowder

In Dallas, they get two young back court players who are already friends and who can lead the next generation of Mavs. I am assuming that Mil can't bring Jennings back due to 'irreconcilable differences' and will be able to keep Collison on a reasonable deal.

For the Raps, they get a better fit in the back court with Gay and Lowry as Mayo is a better shooter than Derozan, and we get a backup pg in Roddy who knows Coach Casey's D system. And we get a hustle player in Crowder for some wing depth.

This also reduces our Cap hit next year as Derozan is set for a raise and Mayo will be making about half of what DD will be. Which gives us room to Trade Bargs for a player like Boozer who has a bad contract (but is still a very capable 4) or for a player like Millsap who will be getting a raise in the offseason or for someone else altogether (Big Al? J-Smooth? Pau?)
      I'm not a big fan of Roddy, I don't believe he would be the long term solution for back up pg...isn't o.j. A free agent, or does he have another year? Either way not sure i like the deal.

Comment

Also, OJ Mayo's contract is a player option for next year.....So your reasoning is totally flawed.

First, OJ Mayo is a better shooter, but not really a significant upgrade as a scorer. Just to get a slightly better shot is not a good enough reason to make this trade, not when T Ross projects to be a good shooter and we have him on a rookie deal. Why get someone to take his role away?
        Second, Demar is making LESS than Mayo right now, and since Mayo can opt out, Demar could still be making less next year....leaving aside the fact that Mayo COULD WALK FOR NOTHING.

So essentially, you're trading Demar, AA and Lucas for Roddy Beaubois and Jae Crowder....and praying that you can re-sign Mayo, and that it will be better for team chemistry with he, Ross and Gay than with Demar, Ross and Gay

*Note: Mayo needs the ball in his hands a lot more to be effective as anything more than a shooter. Part of the reason he's having such a good season is he basically has been able to be the go-to player for most of Dallas' season. With Gay and Lowry, it doesn't seem to make sense to get a guy who will dominate the ball even more than Demar....and just to clarify, when I mean more, I don't strictly mean in terms of quantity, but the fact that Mayo needs to get the ball on the perimeter and to be a ballhandler. Demar is at his best when he's slashing or catching and shooting without having to handle it much....where he only really is good for that in the post right now.

**Like seriously, are you a Dallas fan??? They give up pieces of which none of them could be in long term plans, and they get a young starting PG, a young starting SG, and a decent 3rd string PG....TO gets, a SG who could easily walk for bigger money, and two pieces which are hardly difference makers (Beaubois Dallas was once high on...now he can't earn minutes in a thin backcourt...Crowder is just a role/depth player, not really an upgrade in any way)....and Milwaukee, who would trade Jennings so they don't let him walk for nothing gets 2 pieces, an expiring journeyman and expiring PG who may or may not be a starter, and zero assets going forward (so basically nothing).
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Feb 15, 2013, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Goalie23 wrote: View Post
          To Dal:
          Demar Derozan
          Brandon Jennings
          John Lucas

To Mil:
          Darren Collison
          Alan Anderson

To Tor:
          O.J. Mayo
          Roddy Beaubois
          Jae Crowder

Why is everyone on this site so eager to trade Derozan, and for inferior players to boot! (See Mayo, OJ). Twenty nine other teams would love to have a 23 year old shooting guard playing the way he is. Yes he still has work to do on his game, but he's made huge strides and he'll get even better. Why are people willing to give this guy away! I see it with every asinine trade proposal on this site and I figured enough was enough...

Comment

Oh and as far as the "better fit" argument goes, pretty tough to make a case for that so far given how well him and Gay have played together.

Comment

This

optifan wrote: View Post
              Why is everyone on this site so eager to trade Derozan, and for inferior players to boot! (See Mayo, OJ). Twenty nine other teams would love to have a 23 year old shooting guard playing the way he is. Yes he still has work to do on his game, but he's made huge strides and he'll get even better. Why are people willing to give this guy away! I see it with every asinine trade proposal on this site and I figured enough was enough...
              I dont get it either! These trade proposals are getting ridiculous. I would personally rather trade TRoss before I'd trade Derozan.

Derozan still has HUGE upside and he's only a year and a half older than TRoss. TRoss will have trouble finding minutes on this team with DD, Gay, Fields and AA....I like TRoss and would rather keep him. BUT he is an unknown right now and if we can package him with Kleiza and Bargnani to get Smith, Jefferson or Milsap - I'd do it!

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                I dont get it either! These trade proposals are getting ridiculous. I would personally rather trade TRoss before I'd trade Derozan.

Derozan still has HUGE upside and he's only a year and a half older than TRoss. TRoss will have trouble finding minutes on this team with DD, Gay, Fields and AA....I like TRoss and would rather keep him. BUT he is an unknown right now and if we can package him with Kleiza and Bargnani to get Smith, Jefferson or Milsap - I'd do it!
                I would do this even if it means we'd have to convince one of the these guys to sign with us long term. At the very least we'd rid ourselves of Bargnani and Kleiza (Kleiza has had HUGE games vs Utah - maybe they would be more interested in him than other teams?)

Comment

Working...
                X