Terrence Ross Wins 2013 Dunk Contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Ummm, James White sucked lard. Loving his first dunk, not (wishing one of the stewardesses stuck their foot out to trip him). Also, Nick Cannon reminds me of the wack MCs that won't let go of the mic at the house parties I used to attend back in the day in Scarborough.
    LOL leave little nicky boy alone..these are the only times hes allowed out other then to pick up tampons for mariah LOL

as for white, he should have had the bolt runn the sidelines for him, maybe it would have motivated him to finnish the race! LOL

Comment

• Its OVA LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Comment

• Apparently the kid he jumped over was the son of the owner of Twitter :P
        A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• j bean wrote: View Post
          Somebody asked chuck who he thought won and he says "I don't know his name the guy who dunked last".
          Shaq said that as a joke. Overall it was pretty rough to watch the contest. The middle was just painful with the 10 million attempts. That idiotic Evans painting idea was just the worst.

Comment

• http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...an-vote/175409

Apparently this dunk contest might have been rigged as well. Not as bad as the Griffin travesty though. Nick Cannon was just handed a printout of voting results before the voting ended :P

Oh, NBA... *sigh
            Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

• ScottBaird wrote: View Post
              http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...an-vote/175409

Apparently this dunk contest might have been rigged as well. Not as bad as the Griffin travesty though. Nick Cannon was just handed a printout of voting results before the voting ended :P

Oh, NBA... *sigh
              I noticed that too :P I was expecting another commercial break after the voting ended for them to add the votes up, print it out, put it in an envelope and then proceed to give it to Nick Cannon. But apparently all of this was done before the voting even started...
              A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
                the most impressive thing about that dunk contest was how unprofessional chuck was. I didn't find any of his jokes, and his negative attitude funny at all.
                I thought it was hilarious

Comment

• GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                  I noticed that too :P I was expecting another commercial break after the voting ended for them to add the votes up, print it out, put it in an envelope and then proceed to give it to Nick Cannon. But apparently all of this was done before the voting even started...
                  I was literally voting while I saw him on tv with the card in his had.. I was like wtf... bullshit

Comment

• Funny thing about Ross is, Raps drafted him because of his 3pt shooting. Now he's the slam dunk champ. Crazy!!

Next year we should start a #LetRossShoot campaign! or #LetRossPlay because i want to see him in the Team Shaq, Team Chuck game!
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chuck said Terrence Ross has to work on his jump-shot.

Goodness, this guy should NEVER broadcast a live event again. Although, he does have a point cause Ross is so inconsistent for a pure shooter.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Great job by Ross, all his dunks were legit. Especially the one where he put the throwback jersey of VC on. Other then T_Dotflight31 though, I feel like the dunk comp was a bust again.
                        Yes, you have the issue with the stars not showing up but I think the main problem about the dunk comp is the format. Not only was it lame,(there were some really nice dunks though) every year the format and rules change, there is no consistency in it. If they can get the format down right and the fans like it that way, then lets make the decision to keep it that way. I don't really think you need the stars to come out if the format is right, though it would be nice to see players like KD or LBJ or DWade throw down.
                        I also felt like the TNT announcers gave up on the competition too early, and really didn't hype up the fact that Ross put on the VC jersey or hype up the final round much either. The Saturday night felt low budget especially with the no name bands that performed and the fact that when Nick Cannon was interviewing TRoss you could barely hear him because it was only an in-house mic for the stadium.
                        Was it just me or did it feel like the stadium wasn't that crowded tonight and yesterday for the Chuck vs Shaq game? If this was held in Toronto I think all the nights would be sold out and the stadium atmosphere would be insane. #TDotAllStar2015
                        Last edited by Buschfire; Sun Feb 17, 2013, 03:34 AM.
                        Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• ScottBaird wrote: View Post
                          http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...an-vote/175409

Oh, NBA... *sigh
                          Actually, you can tally instant results using preset algorithms -- That's how technology works. They probably tallied it when it was mathematically impossible for Ross to lose. But seriously, do you really believe anything would be rigged in favor of a Raptor? Have you been watching the officials this year? Really? The guy was three of top 10 plays of the night-- definitely not rigged.

Comment

• Loved this preview. Included Demar Derozan's underhand alley-oop - in my opinion, the most underrated dunk of all-time - Terrence Ross's in game slams, and VC.

Man, how we always have had terrific athletes. VC, McGrady, Moon, Derozan, now we have Gay, Ross.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Actually, you can tally instant results using preset algorithms -- That's how technology works. They probably tallied it when it was mathematically impossible for Ross to lose. But seriously, do you really believe anything would be rigged in favor of a Raptor? Have you been watching the officials this year? Really? The guy was three of top 10 plays of the night-- definitely not rigged.
                              I agree. Like you said, probably tallied the scores until Ross couldn't lose.

Comment

• Buschfire wrote: View Post
                                Great job by Ross, all his dunks were legit. Especially the one where he put the throwback jersey of VC on. Other then T_Dotflight31 though, I feel like the dunk comp was a bust again.
                                Yes, you have the issue with the stars not showing up but I think the main problem about the dunk comp is the format. Not only was it lame,(there were some really nice dunks though) every year the format and rules change, there is no consistency in it. If they can get the format down right and the fans like it that way, then lets make the decision to keep it that way. I don't really think you need the stars to come out if the format is right, though it would be nice to see players like KD or LBJ or DWade throw down.
                                I also felt like the TNT announcers gave up on the competition too early, and really didn't hype up the fact that Ross put on the VC jersey or hype up the final round much either. The Saturday night felt low budget especially with the no name bands that performed and the fact that when Nick Cannon was interviewing TRoss you could barely hear him because it was only an in-house mic for the stadium.
                                Was it just me or did it feel like the stadium wasn't that crowded tonight and yesterday for the Chuck vs Shaq game? If this was held in Toronto I think all the nights would be sold out and the stadium atmosphere would be insane. #TDotAllStar2015
                                +alot
                                Last edited by Machine; Sun Feb 17, 2013, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X