Bargnani for...Gordon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani for...Gordon?

Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) is reporting that the Bobcats, in their increasing persistence to trade Ben Gordon have approached the Raptors about a Bargnani trade.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

All-Star Weekend trade rumble: Charlotte's growing determination to move Ben Gordon has presented Toronto w/another Andrea Bargnani suitor

Sense I get, though, is that Toronto ain't gonna bite on Bargs-for-Gordon deal. Raps have Terrence Ross & Alan Anderson playing well there

Gordon easier to take back $-wise than Boozer w/one less year on deal, but Raps unlikely to just trade ex-No. 1 overall pick for sake of it

This would certainly not be a deal that would provide the Raptors would a player they could use, and it's good to know that the Raptors are not rumored to be seriously considering this deal.

What I wonder is what Charlotte would be willing to include as incentive that could make it worthwhile? Draft picks? Prospects?

I personally don't think they could include enough to make it worthwhile for the Raptors...but curious how others view this?
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Shantz wrote: View Post
    Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) is reporting that the Bobcats, in their increasing persistence to trade Ben Gordon have approached the Raptors about a Bargnani trade.

Gordon easier to take back $-wise than Boozer w/one less year on deal, but Raps unlikely to just trade ex-No. 1 overall pick for sake of it

This would certainly not be a deal that would provide the Raptors would a player they could use, and it's good to know that the Raptors are not rumored to be seriously considering this deal.

What I wonder is what Charlotte would be willing to include as incentive that could make it worthwhile? Draft picks? Prospects?

I personally don't think they could include enough to make it worthwhile for the Raptors...but curious how others view this?
    Eh. I don't like it.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If we could get a pick or a good prospect, then maybe.

I really just want to shed the Bargnani era once and for all.

Comment

Throw in MKG and do the handshake

...or their first rounder in the2013 draft

Comment

gordonto Toronto? no f'in way. but now you have a possible landing spot for bargnani in a possible three team deal.

Comment

LOL this is the worst Bargnani rumour that i've heard.

I mean, why would the Raps want Gordon? they already have Anderson. They already have Ross who's not getting much minutes. Acquiring Gordon just doesn't make sense.

I only would do it, if Charlotte includes their 1st round pick next year
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              gordonto Toronto? no f'in way. but now you have a possible landing spot for bargnani in a possible three team deal.
              That's what I'm hoping for with news like this being broken. I have no desire for Gordon, but this type of proposition could open up more avenues for Bargnani and allow the Raptors to gain a nice piece or two as well.
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

So dumb.. No minutes for Gordon, no need for one-dimensional chucker.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  So dumb.. No minutes for Gordon, no need for one-dimensional chucker.
                  But we need to replace the one we have, don't we?

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    LOL this is the worst Bargnani rumour that i've heard.

I mean, why would the Raps want Gordon? they already have Anderson. They already have Ross who's not getting much minutes. Acquiring Gordon just doesn't make sense.

I only would do it, if Charlotte includes their 1st round pick next year
                    Seriously.

But they can't trade their own first rounder because of the restrictions on it to Chicago for the Tyrus Thomas trade. I bet Jordan wishes he had two mulligans for Thomas: one for giving up a 1st for him and two for giving him a $40M extension.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      But we need to replace the one we have, don't we?
                      Refer to signature..

Comment

Charlotte does have a 1st from Portland (top 12 protected until 2016 then protected) and a 1st from Detroit (top 14 '13, top 8 '14, top '1 15, unprotected '16).

I would be looking for 3rd teams immediately.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Refer to signature..
                          lol - I was jk.

Comment

And this incident with Gordon was ridiculous. I don't care how frustrated one might be with a situation, that is just such a dick move by Gordon. I actually had quite a bit of respect for Gordon prior to reading this a few days ago. Anything I had ever read about him in the past always talked about his work ethic and professionalism. Yeah, so much for that.... while making $12M this year and $13M next:
                            According to the report, Dunlap was trying to speak to the team prior to its game against the Celtics on Monday, but Gordon kept dribbling a ball. Gordon apparently also told his head coach that he need to “humble himself.” Adding to the mess was the fact that general manager Rod Higgins was also in attendance, and one source mentioned in the Yahoo! report that the entire thing was “beyond disrespectful.”

The Bobcats didn’t suspend Gordon, though, but there might be a reason for that. The club didn’t take action because they reportedly didn’t want to lower his trade stock heading into next week’s trade deadline.

http://nesn.com/2013/02/report-ben-g...o-trade-guard/

Comment

Im doing some crazy trades on trade machine that involve Raptors getting both Hawes and Sessions, as well as Charlottes 1st roun pick.

At least to me, it seems doable and attractive for all 3 teams!

Comment

Working...
                              X