Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah/CHA/TOR

To Utah:

Ramon Sessions, Landry Fields, Blazers 1st Rd pick from CHA (top 12 protected this year and till 2016)

To Charlotte :

Bargs, Alex Burgs, Alan Anderson

To Toronto:

Paul Millsap, and Ben Gordon

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=bc4ae8w

Reasoning:

Utah has a glut at PF/C they receive a good PG, a SF that plays their style of ball (Landry will improve next year), and a draft pick. I think that is a pretty good haul for a guy that might be gone next year.

Charlotte is the one that kinda gives up a lot in this deal, they get rid of Gordon and receive a player they have inquired about. Kemba is their PG of the future, they recieve some scoring with Bargs. They receive a young prospect in Alec and a cagey vet in Alan Anderson. Not a fan of the trade for this team. They really aren't giving up any core pieces though.

Toronto:

Well, we get Millsap, but have to take on Gordon's salary at a position we don't need. His contract might be valuable next year because it is expiring. Perhaps he can be moved in the off season... who knows. The Raps still get stronger, but we lose a little depth at SF

Jonas/Gray/Amir
    Millsap/Amir/Acy
    Gay/Ross/Gordon
    DeMar/Ross/Gordon
    Lowry/Lucas

If we can amnesty Klieza we can possibly stay out of the tax. We can use the mid-level to sign a back up pg and sign the remaining positions to veteran minimums. Possibly buy a 2nd round draft pick to draft Kabongo (if he drops)

Another option is to trade Gordon to Minnesota for Ridnour and Roy (who would then be waived, I believe he has a non guaranteed contract)
    Last edited by saints91; Sun Feb 17, 2013, 01:48 PM.

Any trade where we get Ben Gordon literally makes my skin crawl....I just can't help it.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Any trade where we get Ben Gordon literally makes my skin crawl....I just can't help it.
      Ya, I'm not a fan of taking him on but Millsap would be worth having him for a season and a half...maybe less.

Plus we get rid of Bargnani, who really looks uncomfortable in his new role. I wish it worked out for him, but I think it's time to move on.

I really like that other Minnesota deal posted a couple days ago too. Just felt like trying something different. I think the above lineup would be a deep playoff team...with a few tweeks
      Last edited by saints91; Sun Feb 17, 2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
        Ya, I'm not a fan of taking him on but Millsap would be worth having him for a season and a half...maybe less
        There's no guarantee Millsap wants to re-sign with TO though....I'm not saying he wouldn't, but the thought of being stuck with Gordon...yeah, there goes my skin crawling again. I haven't liked Gordon since he came into the league.

Comment

I think Millsap would be foolish not to resign with this group. The Raptors would be a very promising team... but you are right there is no guarantee.

Not a fan of Gordon either

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
            I think Millsap would be foolish not to resign with this group. The Raptors would be a very promising team... but you are right there is no guarantee.

Not a fan of Gordon either
            well who knows what his contract demands will be.....and how much higher the team will be willing to go into the luxury tax. Millsap is a solid player, and he's not old, but he's never made an all-star game, and he's going to be highly pursued this summer. I find his situation very unpredictable.
            Also, Landy doesn't fit that well at all beside Hayward, I think. Hayward is a bit of a glue-guy type wing with decent upside. I think they want a scoring wing to go beside him. Landry's really expensive for a small-market team like Utah to take as a backup/utility wing.
            *Also, rumors today that the Clips and Utah are talking a Bledsoe for Millsap swap. If this is indeed the case, no deal is going to match that for either team talent-wise. IT also mentions how Hayward is part of their young core, just to reinforce my belief that it would be odd for them to take on Fields and his contract.
            http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ap-sources-say

Comment

Love the trade. Millsap is a David West twin, and look what he did for a team with a solid pg, two athletic wings and an emerging big man. This grade puts Toronto in top 6 of the east, if millsap stays, for a long time.

Comment

And someone has got to bring it up. Barbs and Ross for Millsap and Foye. If you get Millsap to agree to sign after the trade, that's one hell of a lineup for the raps. Is holding onto Ross worth more than starting 4 fringe all-stars with Johnson/Valancuinas? Just look how it's worked out for Indiana, Chicago, Memphis, Atlanta, Denver. That's the model we should be copying.

Comment

I don't care what people say. I just want Alex Burgs.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    I don't care what people say. I just want Alex Burgs.
                    lol +1

Comment

I had something along the same line in my head.
                      K Toronto Sends:Alan Anderson, Andrea Bargs and Linas Kleiza
                      Toronto Recieves: Paul Millsap and Jeremy Evans
                      Utah Sends:Paul Millsap and Jeremy Evans
                      Utah Recieves: Alan anderson and Ben Gordon
                      Charlotte Sends: Ben Gordon
                      Charlotte Recieves: Linas Kleiza and Andrea Bargnani

C:Jonas/Gray/Amir
                      PF:Millsap/Amir/Acy
                      SF:Gay/Evans/Pietrus
                      SGeRozan/Ross
                      PG: Kyle/JLIII

Comment

Working...