No announcement yet.

The future of Terence Ross.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Terrence Ross but what is with these goddam Glasses worn by every player now? OMG! hate them hate them!

Comment

My choice isn't on the list. I see him as an excellent role-player. The sort of guy who can play as a starter or as a sixth man, who won't average 20pts, but will average a very efficient 12-15, and fill up the stat sheet with blocks, steals, and offensive rebounds. If the Raptors ever become contenders with the current core, this is the player they need Ross to become. Although 'superstar' would be pretty good, too.

Comment

Not very good choices. There's a big gap between above average allstar and average role player. I'd put him somewhere in between there.

Comment

Shohtime wrote: View Post
          I'll be the first to say Superstar.

Once he understands when to shoot and tightens up his handle, no one will stop this guy. Both of which will take time. Add in his ability to play D coupled with mad hops and it seems like a superstar to me. Check back in 3 years when he is averaging 25 a game and shooting 44 % from the three. Heard it here first. In the air he resembles a certain other worldly young superstar named MJ.
          +1 I love T. Ross. He has no ego, wants to get better. When people ask about his game, they say he's good a defender, good Shooter, Super athletic freak dunker. That's a great foundation on becoming a superstar. It took Tracy McGrady almost four years before he reached his potential and Kobe Bryant took a couple years to reach Mamba Status. Once T. Ross gets to the gym, puts on some weight, he will be scary. With Demar Derozan and Rudy Gay on the same team, the Raptors look scary for the next 5 years. We don't need to trade any of those three wings, as Miami has proven to the world, you don't need a conventional center or point guard to win a championship, just athletic freaks and shooters.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            My choice is not there, I say solid starter, potential all star.
            +1

Comment

Its funny but I went back on the Derozan thread to see what kind of future I think he will have during his rookie year:

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Demar did something I never saw him do before against Orlando.

He kept shooting jump shots and getting them in!!

I think he can become a pretty descent 13-14 points and 4-5 rebounds a game type of player someday.

There are way too many fans out there that have way more loafty expecations for Derozan but I just don't see it.
              I have to say I wasn't that far off. Although Demar is currently avg 17 pts a game, his FG % is somewhat low.

If I were to guess T -Ross right now and look at this thread 2 seasons from now, this is what I see:

T-Ross avg about 11-13 points a game, higher FG % then Derozan and 3 pointer FG % of about 37-38%. Ross therfore will be mostly a perimeter oriented player and be used alot like Mo Pete was in Toronto. I don't believe he will be as aggressive attacking the basket type of a player that will go to the free throw line due to his handles.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                I don't know usually you can tell from the player first season if he's got it (meaning he will be a star ) or not.

I don't see an all-star in Ross but he could be a starter.
                +1. Refer to the fact that Rudy Gay has never been an All-Star and it puts things in perspective. Ross also plays a stacked position. It's easy to say he'll be an All-Star based on potential but I think Steve Kerr said it best during this years ASG, if you add him to the mix, who do you leave off the team. Making an ASG in the NBA is extremely tough. My vote is for solid starter similar to a Sean Elliot type of career. If he makes a couple ASGs like Elliot, even better.
                There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

If I'm to base it from what I've actually seen, then I'm gonna go with average role player. The comparisons in this thread with MJ and athleticism compared with the heat guys are kind of getting ridiculous.

Comment

I think Ross has the ability and IQ to be a real complete player but I also think he's going to need the coaching to get the most out of him. I'm talking specifically about his jump shot.

Casey REALLY needs to take a hard look at his staff and change a couple things up.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      I think Ross has the ability and IQ to be a real complete player but I also think he's going to need the coaching to get the most out of him. I'm talking specifically about his jump shot.

Casey REALLY needs to take a hard look at his staff and change a couple things up.
                      Disagree. Takes some questionable shots regardless of confidence level, and while he's a strong defender, bad fundamental defense - Jumps on fakes, reaches when blown by (also has been consistently getting blown by), and inconsistent help D.

He still looks fairly lost on the court at times.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Hes been blown by recently but earlier in the season he stuck to guys like glue, I think when he learned he was in the dunk off his mind was elsewhere. Ross plays good defence! He just has to stop biting on those fakes, but that will happen in time just contest without jumping he will learn soon.

When Ross plays calm and sticks to his game hes incredible last month however hes been really rushing things and trying way too hard to put up points even if its on bad attempts. Rookie Wall syndrome.

Comment

Ross could be following a similar career path to Paul George where it's eveident all the tools are there from the start, but it takes a few years to refine his game and gain that experience. Unlike players from the big programs like Duke and N. Carolina, he wasn't coached to be NBA ready. Unless you're a star like Lillard that kind of coaching is important to a quick transition from collge to NBA. He's a project, but as everyone has already said the tools are there. Imo, the first thing on the list for Ross to work on is his dribble. Once he has that down pact it's going to open up so many more options for him on ofense. I'm actually not that concerned about his shot selection. It's obvious that the coach has given him the green light to shoot. What I'm concerned about is that he mostly takes perimeter shots and doesn't try to penetrate and pull up for a mid range shot or drive to the hoop.

Comment

One important thing about his slam dunk win is what it does for his confidence. It takes him from being a talent on paper to actually accomplishing something which in turn may have boosted his confidence and could translate to an improved performance on court.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

it is too early to tell, he has the skills to be a starting role player, but he is trying to do too much without the ball handling ability at the moment. The sad thing is we don't need him to be spectacular at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X