Trade deadline 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Oh and nevermind the fact Bargnani has decided to take another steamy dump all over his trade value. 3.8pts and 1.8 rebs last 4 games in 20 minutes. Jesus Christ. The anger. The Rage. The bitter sting of 28 more games.
    Here was his chance to help us show his value to the league, so that both parties could move on, but the useless pile of crap is not all that interested in playing basketball at the moment.

I wish we could have public floggings. I am that angry. At this point I want to hurt him as much as he has hurt my club.

Comment

• sigh....I understand he wasn't sold on the Boozer deal...but there had to be something worth taking considering this was always looking like an addition by subtraction trade anyway...

I'm going to take a nap....hopefully something happens before I wake up.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        the problem with the Boozer deal is it cripples us going forward for a marginal upgrade who is 1 of the few players out there thats even harder to move then Bargs..add in the fact that Boozer will likely trip over his own shoe laces breaking his hand in 3 places before he even gets off the plane in T.O LOL... its just too big a risk for marginal return... id prefer too wait till the summer to move bargs then take Boozer
        Marginal upgrade? Boozer is a better player than Amir and the comparison to Bargnani is inappropriate because Bargnani should be playing in the WNBA.

It does not cripple the Raptors moving forward. That is complete b.s. How does it cripple the franchise? Mini MLE vs. full MLE, hardly crippling. Possibly paying luxury tax, hardly crippling for Bell/Rogers, profit Raptors turn, and devotion of this fan base despite years of non-playoff basketball (better attendance by % capacity {15th} and avg. crowed {13th} than 6 playoff teams).

I don't mean to be confrontational (I'm sure tone says different) but Bargnani is sinking to all-time new lows with even less expectations from the team: 3.8 points and 1.8 rebs in 20 mins on 36%fg and 14%3pt in last 4 games. Holy shit. That is awful by Bargnani standards.

I don't think the Raps move Bargnani this summer without giving up a valuable asset to do so. What a mess.

Comment

• Just send both, Andrea and Bryan to Macabi, get them out of this league... throw in money to make it happen. Don't want to see these two anywhere near the NBA.

Bryan always loved the euroleague, its been his calling.

Comment

• Trade Bargnani for Samuel Dalembert and a 2nd round, and lets just move on. For christs sake, I am donnnnnnne with Bargnani. This whole coming of the bench experiment has clearly failed.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              This whole coming of the bench experiment has clearly failed.
              You sound surprised

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                You sound surprised
                its disappointment more than anything

Comment

• he is missing one of these

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Marginal upgrade? Boozer is a better player than Amir and the comparison to Bargnani is inappropriate because Bargnani should be playing in the WNBA.

It does not cripple the Raptors moving forward. That is complete b.s. How does it cripple the franchise? Mini MLE vs. full MLE, hardly crippling. Possibly paying luxury tax, hardly crippling for Bell/Rogers, profit Raptors turn, and devotion of this fan base despite years of non-playoff basketball (better attendance by % capacity {15th} and avg. crowed {13th} than 6 playoff teams).

I don't mean to be confrontational (I'm sure tone says different) but Bargnani is sinking to all-time new lows with even less expectations from the team: 3.8 points and 1.8 rebs in 20 mins on 36%fg and 14%3pt in last 4 games. Holy shit. That is awful by Bargnani standards.

I don't think the Raps move Bargnani this summer without giving up a valuable asset to do so. What a mess.
                    the problem is Boozer isnt good enough to bring us to that next level.. if we intended to keep him wed have to move a few other bigger contracts..laundry Fails, Klieza, maybe even Amir & Demar in order to get a star to play with Rudy & Boozer cause adding Boozer doesnt make us contenders at all.. we will be right up against the tax for the next 3 years with boozer in tow..& Boozer wont be tradeable till prob. deadline day in his final year MAYBE..bulls cant get a packet of peanuts for him right now & were likely to be stuck with him till his deal is up.. i hate bargs as much as anyone but id rather amnesty bargs then take booze...

Bell/Rogers/MLSE will def pay the tax if it makes us a contender that is no doubt..just have to be some what patiant at this point till the right deal shows up..
                    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Feb 21, 2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Boozer isnt good enough to bring us to the next level but h IS good enough to make the team into a .500 maybe more club and provide an answer to a lot of our problems.

+Low Post Scorer
                      +Post Presnece rebounding to help JV
                      +2nd/3rd
                      +Better Defender
                      +Way better rotation Boozer/Johnson/Acy>>>>>>>Johnson/Bargnani/Acy
                      +Brings more toughness to the team
                      +Hes a grinder real Casey type of player
                      +Comes from a defensive minded team
                      +Hes a Bully
                      +Another leader on and off the court

Need I say more? BC not saying sure lets do it right away was a huge mistake, the Raps are very close to being a good team but until they get rid of Bargnani they will always be mediocre hes a liability. honestly his value cant get any lower just play Acy off the bench behind Johnson. If we made the Boozer deal the worst defender on th team would be DeRozan and you know what thats ok, when you have a big man that doesnt rebound and cant even keep a pylon infront of him you GOT A MAJOR PROBLEM!

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        the problem is Boozer isnt good enough to bring us to that next level.. if we intended to keep him wed have to move a few other bigger contracts..laundry Fails, Klieza, maybe even Amir & Demar in order to get a star to play with Rudy & Boozer cause adding Boozer doesnt make us contenders at all.. we will be right up against the tax for the next 3 years with boozer in tow..& Boozer wont be tradeable till prob. deadline day in his final year MAYBE..bulls cant get a packet of peanuts for him right now & were likely to be stuck with him till his deal is up.. i hate bargs as much as anyone but id rather amnesty bargs then take booze...

Bell/Rogers/MLSE will def pay the tax if it makes us a contender that is no doubt..just have to be some what patiant at this point till the right deal shows up..
                        Thing is Boozer is still a double/near-double per game. He would be around for 2 seasons.

In those 2 seasons you have the development of Ross and JV to push you farther.

This time in 2 seasons, you have a huge expiring contract to head in to the trade deadline with when the repeater tax is kicking in.

Getting Boozer doesn't make you a contender but I think it does make you a legit 2nd rd threat. The development of the younger players and what Boozer might get you in 2 seasons time is what makes you a contender.

I would much rather Boozer. Amnestying Bargnani does nothing for the Raptors except save them the luxury tax.

Comment

• I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't stand Boozer. However he only has 2 years left after this year on his contract. If Bargnani was amnestied, the Raptors still wouldn't have enough cap space to get a 'star'. Whether they had Boozer or not they still would have the same 'assets' to trade for upgrades like Fields, Amir, DeMar and Kleiza.

The team from a cap point of view is essentially the same with Boozer or without Boozer (and Andrea amnestied). The only difference is that a luxury tax team can't use the full MLE, but a team below the tax level can. Not sure who would be a big upgrade for under $5M (for 4 years) when you still have about $3M (for 3 years) to spend with the mini-MLE.

Despite what I think of Boozer, he makes the team better and that's why the trade should have been done.

Comment

• Bargnani goes back to being number one option starting next game... Book it. Gotta prime him for the summer...

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani goes back to being number one option starting next game... Book it. Gotta prime him for the summer...
                              we go on a 10 game skid, book it

Comment

• One hour to go. ....nothing is going down....

Comment

Working...
                                X