Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    How about Elton Brand?
    He's only making $2.1 million (on an expiring deal). If Dallas wants to move him, they'd need more to match Bargnani's salary.

Comment

I predict that Bargnani will be a Raptor on Friday. I am under the perception that Casey now has a free reign to play or not play AB as he sees fit. Finally!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        I predict that Bargnani will be a Raptor on Friday. I am under the perception that Casey now has a free reign to play or not play AB as he sees fit. Finally!
        "Come hell or high water"

Comment

How about Elton Brand?
          I believe that as he was acquired off of amnesty waivers that Brand cannot be traded until the offseason. I think the official date that he could be move is July 1, 2013, but until then he is a member of the Dallas Mavericks.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
            I believe that as he was acquired off of amnesty waivers that Brand cannot be traded until the offseason. I think the official date that he could be move is July 1, 2013, but until then he is a member of the Dallas Mavericks.
            WHat about signing him in the offseason? The guy can still play, and would come very cheap.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              He's only making $2.1 million (on an expiring deal). If Dallas wants to move him, they'd need more to match Bargnani's salary.
              Elton Brand was picked up off Amnesty and can't be traded this year
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Maynor sucks, get Ridnour

Comment

WHat about signing him in the offseason? The guy can still play, and would come very cheap.
                  With his contract expiring this summer he will be a free agent. This would mean that I was incorrect earlier saying that he couldn't be traded until July 1; rather, Dallas will not be able to move him at all.

As a free agent the Raptors could, in theory, sign Elton Brand to a contract as long as both sides agreed. I think he will get a raise over what he was making this year and am not convinced that the Raptors would be interested in him. But it is at least a possibility.

Comment

Interest article by Sam Amick at USA Today. Conversation he had with Colangelo in which the major conversation piece is Bargnani and his position with (or not with) the Raptors. Here is the link: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/13...nology?cc=5901

"We began this year with Bargnani as our No. 1 scoring option. He's now No. 3 because Rudy has arrived and DeMar (DeRozan) has emerged. Now Bargnani is No. 3. There's talk about possibly moving him – and again we've talked about it, not for talent reasons but because maybe sometimes a change of scenery is the best thing for somebody. But sometimes a change of scenery can happen just by redecorating the room.

"That has happened with our situation here, in that Bargnani goes out with an injury, we make a fairly significant trade, which changes – really – the complexion of the team in two ways. It takes a pass-first, controlled point guard in Jose (Calderon, who was traded from Toronto to Memphis to Detroit in the deal) out of the lineup, it thrusts Kyle (Lowry) back in – where we had intended to have him. And you bring in Rudy, who clearly is a No. 1 scoring option, and DeMar has emerged.

"All of a sudden the outlook and the presence of a guy like Andrea is entirely different now. He's not relied on as a No. 1 guy. He has never been paid like a No. 1 option, but people wanted to criticize that he couldn't handle that role. I've always felt like he's been slotted in salary-wise as a No. 2 or No. 3. Maybe he's kind of fitting in nicely now.

"If a trade doesn't occur before the deadline, or even this summer, maybe it's because we figured out that with the evolution of the team he is the right guy to be a part of this team. He's been through the hard part. This may be the easiest part ahead of him.

Comment

Maynor would be a fantastic backup
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Maynor would be a fantastic backup
                        Hoping he will still be the same distributor before the ACL injury.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I want ridnour.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            I want ridnour.
                            +1.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

what the fudge is wrong with Sacramento?

rox get #5 pick for peanuts

Comment

What in gods name are the kings thinking?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X