No announcement yet.

Trade deadline 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick, someone offer them Pietrus and Gray for Cousins!
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      What in gods name are the kings thinking?
      compromising pictures?

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...005956136.html

first shoe drops
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Quick, someone offer them Pietrus and Gray for Cousins!
          unfortunately pietrus can't be traded

Comment

Houston is no joke man... team breaks the deal silence and gets better.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
            Y! Sources: Houston Rockets acquire forward Thomas Robinson in three-way deal with Kings and Suns. http://tinyurl.com/a3lgeha

Comment

Bargs need to go, 1) the game against the Wizards, he purposely threw the ball with 2 minutes left, reminds me VC before his trade to the Nets, not interested, just dying to be traded. 2) Tonight's game against the Grizzlies, shows absolutely no interest whatsoever. If he's not traded, I would be darned.

Comment

The second I saw this trade I went on the Kings forum and laughed my ass off reading the comments.

Comment

If Raptor fans think you got it bad, be happy you are not a Kings fan.

Comment

Rockets getting away with robbery.. jesus

Comment

im gonna be dissapointed for a second if the raps don't make any big trades at the deadline.

Comment

should be an interesting next 18 hours. It's conceivable that the 6, 7 and 8th seeds all may go into blow up mode. or do nothing

Comment

just prayin' that imma wake up in 6 hours and 30 minutes and that the first thing I see when I'm opening my computer is a blockbuster deal that lands us Al Jefferon who then signs a 4 yrs 48M extension.

Comment

From tonight's game, I would LOVE to have Boozer or Millsap. Bargnani was such a non factor.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              From tonight's game, I would LOVE to have Boozer or Millsap. Bargnani was such a non factor.
                              We'll find out soon if we have to watch him every game for the rest of the season...

Make something happen BC!

Comment

Fingers crossed today!

Chicago is likely to be desperate. Given how cheap they have been over the years, I can't see them going in to the luxury tax.... but on top of that it would be burning a year counting towards the repeater tax.

The trade last night with PHX/HOU/SAC involved also caused some problems for CHI as seen here:

The first real “deadline” deal in the NBA went down today, with the Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns combining to send Thomas Robinson to Houston and reunite the Morris twins — Marcus and Markieff — in Phoenix.

Now, you may well be saying to yourself, “Why do I care? And isn’t this a Chicago Bulls blog?” To which I say, “Touché.” However, there is a Bulls angle here. And it starts with Richard “Rip” Hamilton.
                                Sad Rip Hamilton is sad.

Of the three teams involved, two of them stood as potential candidates for a Rip Hamilton salary dump. Both the Rockets and Suns had enough cap space to absorb Rip’s deal without sending anything back. However, after taking on Marcus Morris and his approximately $2 million cap figure, that is no longer the case for Phoenix. Also, they have to dump someone to take on Morris, and would therefore have to dump another player to take on Rip.

The Rockets, however, would still be an option, at least financially. But Houston seems to be A) building for the future and B) set on the wing anyway. The Bulls would likely have to give up an asset of some sort to facilitate a deal, so any Rip trade pretty much comes down to exactly how much Jerry Reinsdorf feels like avoiding the luxury tax.

Of course, if someone is willing to take on Carlos Boozer and his gargantuan contract, then forget we said anything.

http://pippenainteasy.com/2013/02/20...n=Hot%2BTopics
                                Only teams that can help Chicago now are those with an exception. However I don't see Memphis going back in to the tax and I don't see the incentive for Denver same with Orlando.

I hope and pray Colangelo is holding out for Chicago to include a 1st rd pick. Maybe Houston relents and makes the deal if Chicago included a 1st however that does not solve the $23/24M in salary tied up in Boozer and Gibson for the next 2 seasons.

Why would Chicago/Reinsdorf do this? Obviously it is not a basketball decision, it is a financial decision.
                                • puts Bulls under luxury tax this season (saves $3.75M)
                                • Bulls also eligible for share of revenue sharing
                                • saves a year towards repeater tax
                                • solves the Boozer problem long term without having to resort to amnesty (which still costs team $$)

C'mon Colangelo - get it done!

Boozer/Nate/1st for Bargnani/JL3

Send Haddadi off to someone for a 2nd rd pick (TOR or SAC in '14), luxury tax avoided this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X