2012's 5th Overall Pick, Thomas Robinson, traded to the Houston Rockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012's 5th Overall Pick, Thomas Robinson, traded to the Houston Rockets

Of all the trade rumors that we've heard in the last month due to the trade deadline, this is probably one of the last trade I would have expected. According to RealGM, the Kings will receive Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas while the Houston Rockets will acquire Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia, Tyler Honeycutt and 2nd round pick. During the summer, Daryl Morey was an absolute joke of a GM that basically destroyed his roster to get Howard, but now, he looks like a pretty good GM! First, trading for an all-star in Harden. Now he's acquired the 5th overall pick in a stacked draft. Thomas Robinson might have been a tough season as a rookie, but he still has tons of potential to be pretty good in this league. A future lineup of Lin, Harden, Parsons, Robinson, and Asik looks pretty good in the future. As for the Kings, who the hell is running their front office? IMO, I would never trade a player with such big potential for role players. Anyways, there are also things I don't understand about this trade. Firstly, why the hell would you include a 2nd round pick. This just shows how desperate the Kings' franchise is! Not to mention showing how disorganized the franchise is. Secondly, why the hell would you want these players? Aldrich is a center that can't really play defense. At most, a 2nd string center in the NBA. Patrick Paterson is an undersided PF who can shoot threes. Toney Douglas is a scoring PG who just shucks shots. You have enough points guards in Brooks, Thomas, and Fredette. Are they the new Minnesota Timberwolves? All jokes aside, as of now, it looks like the Rockets just complete fleeced the Kings. The whole trade depends on how well Robinson and Patterson develops. To be honest, as a Raptors fan, I wonder if we could have done anything to get Thomas Robinson with a trade involving Bargnani. With Patterson, you don't know what you are going to get. He's got potential too but it's not complete developed. Bargnani needs a new change in scenery and can give you 20PPG and 4RPG in a good season. There is no guarantee that Patterson can give you same offense. Anyways, a Cousins and Bargnani is pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind having Robinson on this team. He's young, has major potential, he has a motor and can rebound. IMO, the Kings gave up on Robinson way too early! Thoughts?
    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:25 PM.

I don't understand what Sacto was thinking here. I like Robinson's game, whereas Aldrich looks like a textbook stiff and Patterson's a role player at best.

Man I wish we had Morey.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

love the deal for the rockets.

i don't know why they traded morris away though. i think he is a really good player.

Comment

If Sacto was looking for bodies, why couldn't we have been in the mix...

Comment

I ABSOLUTELY love this deal. Houston is my 2nd favourite team in the NBA. Getting T-Rob is a STEAL. And they didn't really give up anything to get him.

The Rockets are slowly building a good looking young team. Asik, Robinson, Parsons, Harden, Lin. Not bad.

As for Sacramento, what the heck are these guys doing???
          Last edited by The Great One; Thu Feb 21, 2013, 03:51 AM.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            love the deal for the rockets.

i don't know why they traded morris away though. i think he is a really good player.
            Me too. I love this trade for the Rockets. They will be an exciting team to watch in the future. Love the lineup of Lin, Harden, Parsons, Robinson, and Asik. Love Parson's games. Lin, Harden, Robinson, and Asik all have something to prove to either old teams. Love to see each one of them prove their old team wrong!

Comment

I'm assuming SAC's main purpose was to partner Cousins (and hopefully get him straight) with a friend and former teammate in Patterson. The rumours earlier in the season was Cousins going to HOU to which Patterson replied that he'd "love to have Cousins as a teammate". Only it went the other way.

If this doesn't work for SAC, they can always try and get John Wall too .

Comment

So am I the only one not impressed by trob and think this was a bad trade?

ps trade was most likely a salary dump for jsmith, like what happened last year with howard

Comment

Sacramento is where talent goes to die.

Comment

I've got to hand it to the Kings. It doesn't take them 7 years to figure out their high lottery pick is not a keeper.
                    Last edited by stretch; Thu Feb 21, 2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

If you believe the stuff Ziller writes about the Maloofs this was all about saving some more money as they're gonna sell anyway.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        I've got to hand it to the Kings. It doesn't take them 7 years to figure out their high lottery pick is not a keeper.
                        I'm assuming you're talking about BC and Bargnani, but this case it's sorta different. You don't just trade the 5th overall pick just because he's having a bad transition to the NBA. IMO, you should never trade a high lottery pick with such high potential for nothing less than at least a borderline all-star which Patterson easily is not. You never know where potential can lead to and it might just bite the Kings in the rear in the future. Bad and stupid trade! Should have tried to trade Tyreke Evans instead. He's just gonna leave them and they'll get nothing in return. The Kings' franchise is an absolute joke and even as a Raptors fan, I feel sorry for Kings fans cuz like NoPropsneeded said, Sacramento truly is the place where talent go to die due to its horrible management and coaching staff. Evans has been less than steller since his rookie season. Cousins is an emerging all-star center, but he's not going to reach his full potential in Sacramento. Fredette is an absolute bust PG. Jason Thompson is another potentially good player whose talents died playing for the Kings. I hope that team gets much better under better management in Seattle!

Comment

The Kings have 19 wins (playing in a tougher conference). The Raptors have 22 wins. Last year the Kings won 22 games, the Raptors won 23. In 2010-2011 the Kings won 24 and the Raptors won 22. Sacramento has a good chunk of cap space going forward. The Raptors don't have much wiggle room as it stands now. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                            The Kings have 19 wins (playing in a tougher conference). The Raptors have 22 wins. Last year the Kings won 22 games, the Raptors won 23. In 2010-2011 the Kings won 24 and the Raptors won 22. Sacramento has a good chunk of cap space going forward. The Raptors don't have much wiggle room as it stands now. Draw your own conclusions.
                            They are still going no where. The Raptors are playling like a top 5 team in the east, the kings are still playing like ass and their only hope is for DeMarcus cousins to grow up and be a true leader(which isn't happening anytime soon). They have way too many young players that haven't lived upto their potential. Tyreke, Fredette, Cousins(not maturing) to name a few. And you're talking about cap space? what are they going to do with that? who even wants to play for the kings?

Comment

Sacramento is sold, so, who really cares? Or am I wrong?
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                              X