X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakim Warrick

Via HoopsHype.com:

Josh Robbins: The #Magic have officially waived Hakim Warrick. Twitter

Hardly a difference maker, maybe not even worth the hassle given Acy is on the bench, but I would not be opposed to waiving Pietrus and signing Warrick. Raps are thin at PF.

Raps far enough under the luxury tax to do this.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Via HoopsHype.com:

Hardly a difference maker, maybe not even worth the hassle given Acy is on the bench, but I would not be opposed to waiving Pietrus and signing Warrick. Raps are thin at PF.

Raps far enough under the luxury tax to do this.
    One of those players where I don't mind having, nor happy having. Just an insurance move.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Slightly better stats than Quincy. With Pietrus not contributing, might as well get someone who can.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        One of those players where I don't mind having, nor happy having. Just an insurance move.
        +1

Especially since Pietrus is clearly totally expendable....how fast did he become this season's Rasual Butler? (ok, he hit more shots, but still)

Comment

Pietrus was a pretty good wing who's career has plummeted because of weak knees.

Might as well clear up a log jam on the wings and have a serviceable big for insurance although I'd much rather prefer Amundson and last time I checked free agents, he's listed as one. I'm not sure if that's accurate though.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Acy is much more athletic incredibly high motor has a shot and plays better D.... naww. If Raps waive Pietrus or when they waive Pietrus they gotta pick up Kris Joseph as the 3rd string.

Comment

I'd be fine with having him on the roster over Pietrus. Warrick is a passable big, but he's not going to bring a ton of size either. Not as good on the boards as you'd expect.
              You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Acy is much more athletic incredibly high motor has a shot and plays better D.... naww. If Raps waive Pietrus or when they waive Pietrus they gotta pick up Kris Joseph as the 3rd string.
                Gay, Derozan, Fields, Anderson, Ross. All capable of playing the 3/minutes at the wing together. No need for a 3rd string, plus, Kleiza has said he will return in a week or two.

I would take Almundson like someone mentioned at the top, the guy is a banger, rebounder, shot-blocker. Surprised he hasn't been picked up yet.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Gay, Derozan, Fields, Anderson, Ross. All capable of playing the 3/minutes at the wing together. No need for a 3rd string, plus, Kleiza has said he will return in a week or two.

I would take Almundson like someone mentioned at the top, the guy is a banger, rebounder, shot-blocker. Surprised he hasn't been picked up yet.
                  Lou Amundson signed a one-year deal with Minnesota months ago. Not sure if he was waived since then.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Hell yes! Another marginal player who would be a slight improvement over a player who does not get minutes at all.[/SARCASM=OFF]

What are the chances of him making the team next year? Pretty slight and it's not a good sign if he does.

Just say no to players not good enough to make the other teams!

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                      Hell yes! Another marginal player who would be a slight improvement over a player who does not get minutes at all.[/SARCASM=OFF]

What are the chances of him making the team next year? Pretty slight and it's not a good sign if he does.

Just say no to players not good enough to make the other teams!
                      What are the chances Pietrus is here next year?

None.

Key word your sarcastic statement is "improvement".

Comment

Working...
                      X