X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball

Sup everyone,

I am a fantasy sports junkie and besides basketball and football, I am also a huge baseball fan. I was thinking of starting a RR fantasy baseball league, and if there is enough interest, I will set it up and get it going. Given the awesome leagues we have here at Raptors Republic, I think that a baseball league would be a great addition.

If you are interested, please post here and include your email address. When there is enough interest, I will set the league up and start with the invites.

Thanks,

drizz
    Rotisserie
    33.33%
    H2H Points
    66.67%

I love fantasy baseball and would surely be interested. I'm mostly interested in dynasty leagues though -- do you know the settings the league will have or what not? It seems to me you're just gauging interesting, so don't worry if you don't know yet.

Comment

I haven't thought much about the settings yet, I was going to ask everyone and figure it out from there. I wasn't thinking of doing a dynasty league because it can get pretty complicated and I am pretty lazy

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
        I haven't thought much about the settings yet, I was going to ask everyone and figure it out from there. I wasn't thinking of doing a dynasty league because it can get pretty complicated and I am pretty lazy
        I'm definitely down to join up, but as drizz says, I'd prefer just a year-to-year draft kinda league.

Rotisserie usually works best for baseball I find as well, but if you guys want head-to-head, that's fine as well.

Count me in.

Comment

Thats 3!!
          I was thinking about rotisserie myself. Makes for a good format for the 162 games.

1 more and I'll start it up hoping for 8 players at least.

Comment

I'd be interested, but not for Dynasty.
            If we had something similar to the RR Keeper League, where you can keep 2 or 3 of your guys every year then I'd be down for sure.
            Never played Fantasy Baseball though .. so go easy if I have any stupid questions along the way. Haha

Comment

What's up guys?

Sorry for taking a while to respond, I work too much ffs.

To switch things up from the regular fantasy formats on RR, I have created a Rotisserie league (standard Yahoo settings). This is a fun format for fantasy baseball, and works well even if we don't have a full league of 8-12 teams. We can look into some keeper settings during the season if that is something that you guys are interested in.

The rotisserie league doesn't require a lot of maintenance or setting your teams too much so everyone can play without too much of a commitment.

I have set the live draft arbitrarily for Sunday, March 24th at 1pm. I can change it no prob if that doesn't work for everyone.

I will PM the link to Kadazzle, Mack and Joey.

We need players!!!

Anyone else who wants to join, just post here and I'll send you a link. It will be a good league for sure and adds a bit of extra fun to the long season for all the baseball fans out there.

Comment

Let me know if you think rotisserie is the best option or if you would rather play the head to head format. If we get more teams, I think head to head might be a better option, but with only 4 teams at the moment, rotisserie would work better.

There are also a couple of types of h2h, one being the one win for each category, or points based on cumulative stats for the week (player with most overall points wins the week). h2h points sounds pretty fun to me, and I am inclined to switch from roto to h2h points if we get a couple of more players.

Roto or h2h (points)?
                Last edited by drizz; Sat Mar 9, 2013, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure my buddy "keepin it real" will be signing up, I'll just remind his ass.

The more I think about H2H, the more I like it actually. It gets the manager more involved really, whereas rotisserie leagues do drag out a little bit and managers stop setting lineups if they're losing by a bunch.

Also, depending on how many managers we get, we should look at changing our roster size. I think we need to add a few more position players, as well as pitchers, if the league is maybe 6 teams or less. Couple more SP's, and a CI and MI might do it. Just throwing it out there.

Comment

I prefer Rotisserie for fantasy baseball, but if H2H is what everyone else prefers, I don't mind the switch.

Comment

Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                      I prefer Rotisserie for fantasy baseball, but if H2H is what everyone else prefers, I don't mind the switch.
                      Can someone please explain the difference between Rotisserie and H2H? Is it simly that you go against the whole league everyweek, vs. going one-on-one? Like in the Bball leagues?

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                          It's set for H2H points right now, I don't mind either format, it is easy to switch it to rotisserie if that is what everyone wants.

I sent you an invite on PM btw.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Can someone please explain the difference between Rotisserie and H2H? Is it simly that you go against the whole league everyweek, vs. going one-on-one? Like in the Bball leagues?
                            H2H is the way that RR usually plays fantasy basketball and football, you play another manager for a week and there is a winner for that week or players win individual stats for that week.
                            Rotisserie is based on overall stats, and you are playing the entire league for the whole season... there is no playoffs as well. Here is an explanation: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=..._US&id=SLN6187

Joey I sent you an invite on PM btw.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              I'm in
                              PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X