Raptors seriously needs a new coach!!! The Van Gundy brothers are available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors seriously needs a new coach!!! The Van Gundy brothers are available

This team is not going anywhere with Dwane Casey. These past 2 games alone should get him fired. Not to mention all the 4th quarter blown leads this season.

Couple of things:

- Bargnani tonight played 15mins most of them in the 4th. Finished with 1rb and 1ast. Defensively he's a liability so if he's not hitting shots what's the point of keeping him on the floor?

- How does Jonas Valanciunas not get into the game down the stretch? 5pts 8rbs 3blks in 24 mins.

- Ross didn't even play tonight. This guy before the Gay trade was one of the most effective player off the bench and now he's not even getting any playing time.

- Raps offence this year reminds me alot of the Kevin O'neill days. Just iso every plays. No ball movement whatsoever. Very predictable.

- Plays after timeout is non existent all season long.

- Substitution pattern is a mess

There's a lot good coaches available. Jeff and Stan Van Gundy just to name a few. This Raps team in my opinion needs an experienced coach. A guy that's been to the playoffs, a guy that has a winning resume. This is not a shot on Casey, he's a good guy but i don't think he's an NBA caliber coach.
    Mamba Mentality

bring in SVG...im starting to loose faith in DC's ability to be a legit NBA head coach...he may be a polar opposite to Triano but the one thing they both have in common is there both better assist. coach's
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Feb 27, 2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

One name: Jerry Sloan.

Comment

I don't like Jeff Van Gundy...I think he's actually quite similar to Casey. Maybe better at late-game stuff, but the team would have very similar problems with the ball not moving well and there being little flow to the game. I would be happy to give Stan a shot, though. He seems better at coaching both sides of the ball, and he really fights for his players. I don't think he was a good match for Howard personality-wise, but I think he'd be good with our young roster with lots of hard workers.

Comment

Only guy id want replacing Casey is either the legendary Jerry sloan or JVG

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            One name: Jerry Sloan.
            Sloan is pretty much retired. I don't think he'll return just to coach the Raptors.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Sloan is pretty much retired. I don't think he'll return just to coach the Raptors.
              I said in another thread I don't know what his status is. He certainly is an old dude who would have to want the job he's offered quite a bit. The Raptors would not be a bad situation if it became available. Several young pieces but enough talent to be competitive. Like I said, I would also be happy with SVG...I don't like Jeff, but I think Stan coaches both sides of the floor well and there wouldn't be as many personality issues with this team compared to the Howard-led Magic teams.

Comment

I'll be happy with Jeff or Stan Van Gundy. I'm a big fan of Nate McMillan as well. Scott Skiles is also available, not sure if he's a good fit for this team though.

Like i said, there's a lot of proven winners, experienced coach that are available. Any of these guys are better than DC.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yea i like casey but he doesn't know what he's doing. Bring in Nate McMillan or Stan Van Gundy. We need a hardnose coach who holds guys accountable and actually knows how to coach

Comment

I don't like McMillan either. I think he's overrated...he's way too tough on his players and most of their success was because of Brandon Roy. He'd be very similar to Casey in style, as Portland always had iso-heavy sets that worked only because Roy was a good distributor.

Skiles is not a great coach, IMO. He knows the xs and os, but it seems like his players always end up tuning him out.

As much as Jeff Van Gundy is not my first choice, I would take him over either of those guys.

Comment

Bobby Knight is available, too.

Comment

I also doubt Casey gets fired until sometime next season at the earliest...unless the rest of the season is a COMPLETE disaster, in which case a replacement is likely coming in the summer.

*Complete disaster would be...I don't know, just saying out of my ass, not even hitting 30 wins.

Comment

Casey is a great coach leave the poor guy alone, just gotta shed the dead weight, none of the subs are providing anything huge problem no coach can fix that you cant run all 5 starters into the ground for 40+ minutes a game. The only thing I cant defend him for is the not relying on JV in the crunch hes gotta have faith in him JV has played on a national team went far in the Olympics he can handle pressure.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            Casey is a great coach leave the poor guy alone, just gotta shed the dead weight, none of the subs are providing anything huge problem no coach can fix that you cant run all 5 starters into the ground for 40+ minutes a game. The only thing I cant defend him for is the not relying on JV in the crunch hes gotta have faith in him JV has played on a national team went far in the Olympics he can handle pressure.
                            Casey is an OK coach who still has a lot to learn. Thing is, he has to improve much more quickly than his players, because their success/development depends quite a bit on him. Maybe he needs some more roster tweaks, but that still doesn't explain all of his questionable choices.

Comment

Avery Johnson btw is also available. Led the Mavs to the NBA Finals back in 06.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X