Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Some buy gay so ball handling skilks
    Somebody buy Gay some ball handling skills? You mean?

Comment

he didn't have as many turnovers tonight as per norm

Comment

Ouch. Maybe Tim W. does have a point.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45khkd/rudy-gay/

8th on the list. Eeeeeyouch!!!

The only good news about this is, for all the other players on the list, career averages were mentioned, and Gay's criticism was only directed to the current season.

So hopefully, the Raps get their money's worth next year.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45khkd/rudy-gay/

8th on the list. Eeeeeyouch!!!

The only good news about this is, for all the other players on the list, career averages were mentioned, and Gay's criticism was only directed to the current season.

So hopefully, the Raps get their money's worth next year.
          It's from nbageek; those guys are so busy calculating their infallible Wins Produced and such that they don't even have time to watch a basketball game.

I think we all knew Rudy Gay was overpaid btw., or, better put, that guys like Lebron and Durant are underpaid.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            It's from nbageek; those guys are so busy calculating their infallible Wins Produced and such that they don't even have time to watch a basketball game.

I think we all knew Rudy Gay was overpaid btw., or, better put, that guys like Lebron and Durant are underpaid.
            For real.

Max salaries only hurt the 6 or 7 true franchise players in the league.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Somebody buy Gay some ball handling skills? You mean?
              I think its more due to his back spasms. He's not bending down when he's executing a dribble move, that's why his handles look sloppy.

Comment

I just got my first back spasm in the shower last week. I'm suffering so bad, I can barely get out of bed sometimes and I'm popping aspirin...

I can do nothing but commend him for playing with such an aliment.

Comment

I don't think Lebron or Durant being underpaid has anything to do with Gay being overpaid. He isn't overpaid because a few superstars are underpaid. He's overpaid vs the league, overpaid vs his production and overpaid vs results.

But here is a theory - imagine how little other players would be payed if players like Lebron etc. were payed their 'true value'? Lets pretend the superstars are worth $50 mil. Now suddenly if a team wants a 'star' player they need to keep a HUGE amount of funds tied up in one player which means other players (ie. the rest) would make significantly less than they do.

Gay, in that case, may look more fairly payed compared to those handful of superstars than he does now... but his contract would look even worse than it does vs 99.5% of the league.

So one could argue.. that since Lebron and Durants etc are underpaid, which leaves plenty of money to overpay the rest and therefore drive up their average pay, it actually hides how overpaid Gay is.
                  Last edited by Craiger; Tue Apr 9, 2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I was thinking about a situation where not only max contracts are gone, but the salary cap as well.

Comment

I was thinking about a situation where not only max contracts are gone, but the salary cap as well.

So under an entirely different economic system, where superstar salaries go up and all others stay close to the same or go up, Rudy Gay may not be viewed as overpaid, assuming his salary stays the same? Quite possibly.

Comment

Working...
                      X