New Orleans Hornets: Austin Rivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't exactly call shooting 33% "nothing". But time will tell for both Ross and Rivers.
    I don't mean percentages. When he's open he doesn't miss. His shot is very effortless and textbook

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      I don't mean percentages. When he's open he doesn't miss. His shot is very effortless and textbook
      Form is, the stance isn't. He frequently flings to the left, and off-balance most of the time. I personally don't think his shooting form is that smooth. It's robotic-ish. Jump, lifts the ball, than releases. But, that's not saying Rivers isn't any fuglier.... Rivers' jump-shot is so ugly.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Nah Ross has a nice jumper. He has great follow through and lift. I actually hate Rudy gay's jumper, its very flat no follow through and legs in it. Thats why he airs and bricks three's and occasional mid rangers

Comment

Nah Ross has a nice jumper. He has great follow through and lift. I actually hate Rudy gay's jumper, its very flat no follow through and legs in it. Thats why he airs and bricks three's and occasional mid rangers
          Rudy's form is picture perfect, but the bottom part - lift, and legs - are never there. If combining Rudy's smooth shooting stroke with Ross's elevation and lift, you've got a picture perfect jump-shot.

Comment

I actually really like lowrys jumper. All legs and great extension on the release, 40% from 3 pt range. We need him to look for his shot early. This is turning into a jump shot thread lol

Comment

I actually really like lowrys jumper. All legs and great extension on the release, 40% from 3 pt range. We need him to look for his shot early. This is turning into a jump shot thread lol
              Yeah...

Oh, uhm, it's one game, but Ross was impressive tonight. Man, he's proving me wrong a bit here. I hope he can keep going.

Comment

Calm down guys, we all know Landry's form is the smoothest on the team.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

wow.... nice little back and forth discussion between props and Reuben here..

nice to see two of the younger members of the board keeping it civil and productive while the dickhead older members are busy talking about strippers and boobies

oh wait

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Yeah...

Oh, uhm, it's one game, but Ross was impressive tonight. Man, he's proving me wrong a bit here. I hope he can keep going.
                    They should play a Rick Ross track every time Ross hits a jumper

Comment

They should play a Rick Ross track every time Ross hits a jumper
                      I was going to start a petition for him to change his name to Terrence Rozayy if he won the dunk contest...but that never hit high.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Terrence Ross was solid in garbage time last night.

Comment

Anyone notice that Austin River's FT% is absolutely trash? He shoots 54.6% from the charity strike. That's almost as bad as Shaq's FT% when he was playing (52.7%).

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            Anyone notice that Austin River's FT% is absolutely trash? He shoots 54.6% from the charity strike. That's almost as bad as Shaq's FT% when he was playing (52.7%).
                            I find it weird as well. Players who shoot well from outside tend to have good free throw percentages as well.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Ross is a better ball handler then he gets credit for, he can create off the bounce pretty good. Again, not enough minutes to truely show his game. Rivers is getting more minutes than Ross and he isn't playing that great so that worries me
                              With good ball movement on offense, you only need 1-2 dribbles to create off the bounce.

Ross is more than quick and explosive enough to have good things happen but the ball needs to get moving and open some lanes first.

ISO offense is not going to play to Ross' strengths.

Comment

At this point now, my head has made it's decision. I don't want either Rivers, or Ross.

Comment

Working...
                                X