Is BC era coming to an end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is BC era coming to an end?

Will BC have same fate as Brian Burke or will he get one more year to see how the Rudy Gay trade works out?

I hope so.. however I doubt it. I don't think its because of the Gay trade either. I think its because the Raptors are profitable even though they don't make the playoffs. They are also in a city where hockey is more important so he can just glide through unscathed. From what I've read he's good friends with Tanenbaum too (who still owns part of the team).

Burke is not the type of guy that screams executive.. where as Bryan does.

Comment

Rodman for GM!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Rodman for GM!
        Seriously.

He'd have a monopoly over the North Korean basketball talent.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Seriously.

lol

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Seriously.

Name change: Toronto Worms

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              Name change: Toronto Worms
              Toronto Nuke Missiles
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I recall an identical thread title three years ago.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  Toronto Nuke Missiles
                  Along a similar line: Toronto Apocalypse

Comment

Ever since hd did the Gay trade I wanted BC gone. I really hope he's gone.

Comment

BC has nuked us right back to where we started off: Mediocrity. Instead of just rebuilding again, we have to lose all our perceived valuable players, be shit for another few years and THEN start the rebuilding. Again. Assuming we start tanking right this very fucking second. If MLSE doesn't fire him tomorrow, expect another 10 years of 9-14 seed yoyo.

Comment

Just my opinion but considering he was allowed to acquire Gay, I think he`ll get at-least one more year.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

But in all sincerity, who is available at the moment who could jump in to help his franchise? Had this convo on Twitter the other night and its slim pickins out there right now. The best option a little while back which we missed the boat on was Kevin Pritchard. Now he's building another successful franchise in Indiana.

Who else is there?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            But in all sincerity, who is available at the moment who could jump in to help his franchise? Had this convo on Twitter the other night and its slim pickins out there right now. The best option a little while back which we missed the boat on was Kevin Pritchard. Now he's building another successful franchise in Indiana.

Who else is there?
                            I am sure there are people out there.

There seems to be a changing of the guard in recent years. Lots of grunts in organizations getting opportunities either due to cheaper costs or the old guard being put out to pasture.... or teams hoping to replicate success of SA and OKC.

Who would have thought Rob Henningan in Orlando? Ujiri in Denver? Wallace in Cleveland? Demps in NO?

None are/were flashing names but all are making their mark now.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

Who else is there?
                              Yeah...as much as I disapprove of the job BC has done in TO, it is just not a simple matter to find a GM. I can't think of a single GM candidate off the top of my head...really...

BC probably gets a multiyear extension, and we keep riding his wacky carrousel.

Comment

Working...
                              X