No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they'll spend an enormous amount of money to buy the leafs, they'll spend w/e it takes to get hazel mae back from the states, they'll throw the mega bucks to get micaleff and sexeiro away from the score.

But, oh no we're strapped for cash when it comes to spending on something sports fans really care about. fuck you, rogers. You conning fucks!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Well, time to go after James "Blue Jays killer" Shields.

I'd be happy if we at least went after Matt Garza or GIO too, though.

Oh and I hear the MLB career leader in SB% is still on the board.
      (Carlos Beltran)
      Last edited by Prime; Tue Dec 20, 2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• Very upset this morning.

If we landed Yu, I could have seen us going after Fielder. Not anymore though.

Comment

• i blame it all on big country,joe!
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
            i blame it all on big country,joe!
            Big Country accepts full responsibility.
            Big Country recognizes the fact that, had he not been so fat and ugly, Rogers would have been more willing to cough up the needed dough.

Big Country feels bad.
            Big Country is going to go to Sonic and order the whole Menu.

Comment

• Just listened to AA's presser this morning. He might be a terrific baseball guy (I think he is) but that front office desperately needs some PR help. I understand that he doesn't want to be Ricciardi and conduct the team's business through the media but, at the same time, the other extreme of refusing to comment at all on anything continues to create bad PR for the team. The Jays have lost control of the narrative, they've been cut by the double-edged sword of fan excitement and expectations. Just listening to AA it seems like he just doesn't understand the storm of fan fury that has been created. You can argue Darvish on the merits till the cows come home but what is indisputable is that this organization needs a rethink of its fan and media relations strategy.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Big Country accepts full responsibility.
                Big Country recognizes the fact that, had he not been so fat and ugly, Rogers would have been more willing to cough up the needed dough.

Big Country feels bad.
                Big Country is going to go to Sonic and order the whole Menu.
                oh man, i haven't laughed that hard when I wasn't high in quite a while.

that deserves better than waterboy linebacker laugh.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xb_RYwDvCzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_RY...eature=related

Comment

• I realize that Darvish could be a talent, probably a #2 starter in the league, but the money just wasn't worth it. I mean, you look at past deals with pitchers - AJ Burnett for example - 82 million for 5 years. CJ Wilson just got 77 million for 5 years, so with Darvish, it's gonna cost roughly the same. Probably looking at 75-80 mil (total) for 5 years. Factor in they also paid 50 million just to get his rights and in total, it's 120-130 million for 5 years. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, is he really worth 24-26 million a season? That's Justin Verlander and CC Sabathia money. For a guy who has not pitched in the majors.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    I realize that Darvish could be a talent, probably a #2 starter in the league, but the money just wasn't worth it. I mean, you look at past deals with pitchers - AJ Burnett for example - 82 million for 5 years. CJ Wilson just got 77 million for 5 years, so with Darvish, it's gonna cost roughly the same. Probably looking at 75-80 mil (total) for 5 years. Factor in they also paid 50 million just to get his rights and in total, it's 120-130 million for 5 years. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, is he really worth 24-26 million a season? That's Justin Verlander and CC Sabathia money. For a guy who has not pitched in the majors.
                    All very true. I think its the mystery behind him that makes the money seem worth it.
                    Its obviously NOT, but the hype and probably attendance boost, might be how they justify it? Who knows.
                    I'm over it now though. haha

Comment

• Even if the Jays got Darvish, does that fix the hole they have at second base? What about first base? What about DH? What about the bullpen? This team has a lot of issues to address. I mean, you want to be players in the FA market, but you want to make good, smart deals. We JUST got rid of an albatross contract in Wells last January, why are some in such a hurry to add another one?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        All very true. I think its the mystery behind him that makes the money seem worth it.
                        Its obviously NOT, but the hype and probably attendance boost, might be how they justify it? Who knows.
                        I'm over it now though. haha
                        I remember when the Jays got Roger Clemens. There was an attendance boost, but not at every game. Just in the games he pitched. And the boost wasn't even that significant.

I would rather that the Jays go after Fielder, but that ain't happening. I mean, signing him, and then trying to flip Lind to Oakland for Bailey would set the Jays bullpen up for the foreseeable future. AA's moves are under the radar, and signing Prince wouldn't be that.

Comment

Even if the Jays got Darvish, does that fix the hole they have at second base? What about first base? What about DH? What about the bullpen? This team has a lot of issues to address. I mean, you want to be players in the FA market, but you want to make good, smart deals. We JUST got rid of an albatross contract in Wells last January, why are some in such a hurry to add another one?
                          not huge holes at second or first. i imagine at least johnson will have a bounce back year if not lind.

you answer to albatross contract. the guy has 7 pitches all can strike you out!

Comment

I remember when the Jays got Roger Clemens. There was an attendance boost, but not at every game. Just in the games he pitched. And the boost wasn't even that significant.

I would rather that the Jays go after Fielder, but that ain't happening. I mean, signing him, and then trying to flip Lind to Oakland for Bailey would set the Jays bullpen up for the foreseeable future. AA's moves are under the radar, and signing Prince wouldn't be that.
                            Ya I'm back to believing everything AA says.

The media kept putting out stories that were very Contrary to AAs usual course of action, and I got caught up in the excitement.

From here on out, its AAs way or the Highway.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                              not huge holes at second or first. i imagine at least johnson will have a bounce back year if not lind.

you answer to albatross contract. the guy has 7 pitches all can strike you out!
                              Johnson didn't play that well in Arizona, hence why he was shipped out. Believe me, AA was hoping that he'd walk so they Jays could get the compensatory picks. I can't see Johnson sticking around after this season. Lind's numbers are not that good for a first baseman in the AL. His OBP is low, he doesn't walk a lot, and he's an average to below average first baseman.

7 pitches? Jeez.

Comment

Johnson didn't play that well in Arizona, hence why he was shipped out. Believe me, AA was hoping that he'd walk so they Jays could get the compensatory picks. I can't see Johnson sticking around after this season. Lind's numbers are not that good for a first baseman in the AL. His OBP is low, he doesn't walk a lot, and he's an average to below average first baseman.

7 pitches? Jeez.
                                it was his first season at first and he got banged up because it was his first season. Johnson hit .270 for us and he's got some pop to his bat. he also isn't a below average fielder.

he played his best season of career in 2010 with zona and he hit 21 dingers last year. he's going to be hitting like 6th or 5th and if he hits around 270 with 20 something dingers as well as his above average fielding pretty good second basemen and 6 or 5 hole guy.

lind is right now a poor man's ryan howard and at his peak probably will be as good as ryan howard.which is basically a good pull fastball hitter.

I agree we could benefit from trading him.but, if rasmus improves and with lawrie no doubt a future superstar and seeing what arencibia can become as well as thames. If we get gio and some arms in the bullpen right now. I think not this year but next is the year.

i mean snider is a definite trade chip along with gose or rasmus and or young minor league arms.we just have to move those prospects before their value possibly diminishes.

i'm looking to pull off a trade with oakland and san diego and possibly tampa 'cause that's where the arms are.

Comment

Working...
                                X